KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Star Wars Battlefront III

Star Wars Battlefront III
Started by: AuraAngel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Should have expected it I guess when Star Wars gaming rights was handed over to the devil after LucasArts went kaboom.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:21 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I see Boba Fett is alive for that Battle for Jakku DLC, Guess he did survive the sarlacc pit after all.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 06:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Looks good.

I would be happy with a Star Wars BF considering I love BF multiplayer.

I wonder if the trailer is indicative of the graphics because if so, it's going to be very purty.

Kind of sucks there isn't SP campaign but 95% complained about the previous SP DICE has done so would anybody even play it?

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 02:30 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I would.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I see Boba Fett is alive for that Battle for Jakku DLC, Guess he did survive the sarlacc pit after all.

Curious, but where do you see this? I'm fairly certain the desert world is Tatooine even if there is a crashed Star Destroyer there. Mainly because there is also a Sandcrawler. Anwyay, the trailer also shows Vader at the Battle of Endor which obviously didn't happen so I wouldn't put to much thought into it yet.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 03:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by Smasandian
Looks good.

I would be happy with a Star Wars BF considering I love BF multiplayer.

I wonder if the trailer is indicative of the graphics because if so, it's going to be very purty.

Kind of sucks there isn't SP campaign but 95% complained about the previous SP DICE has done so would anybody even play it?
They'd play it just so they can hate.

Its what people do.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 03:24 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

And then ***** that DICE wasted time on a SP campaign.....

I never played the originals so I'm not getting all nostalgia hate about this project.

For me, DICE and Battlefront make sense. More sense than Hardline.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 03:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

If DICE can't do good SP campaigns then they shouldn't be working on the game in the first place. Simple as that.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 03:57 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ares834
If DICE can't do good SP campaigns then they shouldn't be working on the game in the first place. Simple as that.
thumb up

"Oh well we suck at single player campaigns, why bother even trying? sad"

Don't be such a pussy.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 05:01 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Smasandian
And then ***** that DICE wasted time on a SP campaign.....

I never played the originals so I'm not getting all nostalgia hate about this project.

For me, DICE and Battlefront make sense. More sense than Hardline.

Then how about DICE make a Star Wars multiplayer FPS that's not called Battlefront, if it bares basically no resemblance to the previous games.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 10:20 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I played BF 1 and 2 for the campaign and for galactic conquest far more than I ever played them for online. I actually liked BField3's campaign, so yes, I would definitely play BFront3's campaign if they had one.

This game was a must buy for me. If it's only online, then that's not true any longer. From what I hear you can't even do bot matches ffs.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 20th, 2015 11:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yes, there "missions" that you can take part offline and I think with a co-op partner as well. I don't think there is any info on what these missions include or anything though.

There isn't a lot of info regarding the game aside from a teaser trailer and that it doesn't have SP campaign (which BF1942, BF2142, BF2 and BF Vietnam did not have either).

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 03:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

PC won't have offline split screen, iirc. Consoles will.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 03:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ares834

Curious, but where do you see this? I'm fairly certain the desert world is Tatooine even if there is a crashed Star Destroyer there. Mainly because there is also a Sandcrawler. Anwyay, the trailer also shows Vader at the Battle of Endor which obviously didn't happen so I wouldn't put to much thought into it yet.

If that's the case then why is the DLC titled Battle of Jakku & Jakku is a new planet.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 06:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

And why are you so sure that clip is from the DLC? That's my point.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 06:37 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What clip are you talking about?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 06:46 AM
ares834

From the trailer where we see Boba Fett flying around.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 06:49 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

There's not even any space battles. Whatever early footage you found prior, it's worthless now. That's unfortunate because that was a really cool idea, to leave the planet you're on and fly up towards the sky then battle it out in space. Why'd DICE get rid of that? Sounds like a major seller. If these current gen consoles can run games like No Man's Sky as claimed, they can sure as heck take what was envisioned for this.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 21st, 2015 at 01:12 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 12:58 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That would be a cool idea.

I'm guessing the idea wouldn't really work within the context of the gameplay. In regular BF games, planes allow a team to attack heli's, tanks, and other planes but once you get shot down, you fall down to the ground and continue playing.

Having the ability to go to space wouldn't really add anything tactical to the battle on the ground. One of the best things about BF is that the air battle and ground battle are so close to you and it creates this chaotic scene while space battles wouldn't be seen from the ground and it would remove 5-10 people from the game. Also, you wouldn't be able to fall down and continue fighting but instead just die.

I wouldn't be surprised that DICE tried something like that but they felt it wasn't any fun.

As for space battles, not sure why they aren't there. I'm guessing it will be DLC down the road. BF games had air superiority modes but I remember them not being that fun and not a lot of people didn't play it.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 01:36 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Battlefront isn't Battlefield

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 04:28 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2015 09:03 PM