KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Where does well trained end and top tier MA begin?

Where does well trained end and top tier MA begin?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
VanMae

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Igniz
Curious to know were people would rank Mandarin and his son Temujin.Those 2 have excellent feats of MA.Mandarin was capable of damaging Ironman's armor using his bare hands.He even fought guys with guns without using his hands.He didn't even drink or eat anything for long periods of time.Temujin was capable of hurting energy beings like Living Laser.

He's a chi-channeling beast. Not so sure about his pure skill though. He often comes across as Collossus via chi-amping instead of turning to iron.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 08:16 PM
VanMae is currently offline Click here to Send VanMae a Private Message Find more posts by VanMae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Existere
I think somewhere around the Robin's. When Robin's graduate into bigger roles, typically it marks a transition into being a 'higher class' of MA.

This is not true of Batgirls though...

Hm... when Steph graduated, she moved up to 'well trained' in HtH, and got *way* better with gadgets and stuff.

Cass, when she changed identities, well, there's not really any higher for her to *go* ^^ Well, not without being Karate Kid, but that requires studying alien martial arts it seems.

Ironically, pre-reboot, Oracle Babs arguably got better at HtH than Batgirl Babs...

And Batwoman started out pretty solid from the start, and didn't really change.

Originally posted by Surtur
For me Martial Arts in certain comics is just all sorts of confusing. Take DC for example. I have no idea how powerful the Nu version of Batgirl is, but Cassandra Cain, prior to the reboot, was a flat out bullet timer. Not merely an aim dodger, but a full on dodging bullets.

Yet DC still insisted she had no actual powers and achieved all that via training. Keep in mind she has other feats like fighting Batman and punching him so fast he didn't even realize she had friggin moved, he only noticed he had been hit once he nose began bleeding. DC would have us believe she achieved such a level just by training super hard.

Though to be fair, while they said she had no 'powers,' she did do stuff that was, quote, 'mentally impossible' for anyone else. Basically she could go faster because she had superhuman coordination.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 03:11 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats pretty neat...

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 05:10 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q99
Though to be fair, while they said she had no 'powers,' she did do stuff that was, quote, 'mentally impossible' for anyone else. Basically she could go faster because she had superhuman coordination.

It's like..who knew that having a father willing to shoot you with a pistol as a part of "training" was all it took to gain some semblance of super powers?

Here my father was just using a yard stick to hit me. This is why I can't dodge bullets, thanks Dad!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 06:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Lol

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 07:54 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ha, wasted opportunity....

Old Post Mar 18th, 2015 08:59 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by krisblaze
Well...didn't old Cap just beat 3 shang chi's in hickman's avengers? lmao
Inverse ninja law strikes again.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 12:11 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Where does being Karate Kid end and the rest of these losers begin?

Originally posted by Existere
I think somewhere around the Robin's. When Robin's graduate into bigger roles, typically it marks a transition into being a 'higher class' of MA.

I'm with Smurph - if you can beat Tim Drake (pretty much the worst Robin in terms of MA ability), you graduate from well trained to Top Tier. Because I'll give Timmy Boy the win over Scott sans powers any day.

After that the lines start blurring again until you reach Nightwing. Once you can beat Nightwing H2H you reach Top Top Tier MA status (aka, sub-Karate Kid status) where Batman resides with his buddies Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, Cassandra Cain, Elektra, Iron Fist, Cap, etc.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Mar 21st, 2015 at 12:50 AM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 12:47 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

I'm with Smurph - if you can beat Tim Drake (pretty much the worst Robin in terms of MA ability), you graduate from well trained to Top Tier. Because I'll give Timmy Boy the win over Scott sans powers any day.

After that the lines start blurring again until you reach Nightwing. Once you can beat Nightwing H2H you reach Top Top Tier MA status (aka, sub-Karate Kid status) where Batman resides with his buddies Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, Cassandra Cain, Elektra, Iron Fist, Cap, etc. [/B][/QUOTE]

agreed

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 12:52 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

That messed up quote made think i had another mini seizure...

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 04:42 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Blair Wind

After that the lines start blurring again until you reach Nightwing. Once you can beat Nightwing H2H you reach Top Top Tier MA status (aka, sub-Karate Kid status) where Batman resides with his buddies Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, Cassandra Cain, Elektra, Iron Fist, Cap, etc.

Tim stalemated and had the advantage over Dick in both of their most recent pre-DcNu encounters, and has consistently performed better against Jason then Dick ever has. Once he became Red Robin, he was easily the most capable Bat-kid.

That's all Pre-DcNu though. No idea where he sits now.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 05:49 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Tim stalemated and had the advantage over Dick in both of their most recent pre-DcNu encounters, and has consistently performed better against Jason then Dick ever has. Once he became Red Robin, he was easily the most capable Bat-kid.

That's all Pre-DcNu though. No idea where he sits now.
Tim will always be the shittiest of the 3, give it a rest.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 05:55 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Mindset
Tim will always be the shittiest of the 3, give it a rest.

I know you love dick, but that doesn't change the fact that Tim would wreck Nightwing's shit.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 06:00 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Martian_mind
I know you love dick, but that doesn't change the fact that Tim would wreck Nightwing's shit.
Dick would beat Tim until he looked worse than your butthole after a night of working.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 06:07 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Blair Wind

I do think around the top of the top tiers is when you start to see KK-esque stuff, it's just the degree increases.

Shiva, Cassandra, and similar can destroy stuff above their strength level. Shang Chi can take blows he shouldn't be able to take. Cass has judo-thrown bizarro (Linda) Supergirl.

The way I read it, KK's basically those techniques refined and improved over time. What used to be rare feats created only by rare users, became studyable moves, all pieced together to make them stronger and more reliable.

Originally posted by Surtur
[B]It's like..who knew that having a father willing to shoot you with a pistol as a part of "training" was all it took to gain some semblance of super powers?

Here my father was just using a yard stick to hit me. This is why I can't dodge bullets, thanks Dad!

Also, he needs to not talk to you.

Ever.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 08:33 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Dick would beat Tim until he looked worse than your butthole after a night of working.

confused

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 10:20 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Mindset, if you could tear your eyes away from my arsehole for just a second, you'd realize how wrong you are.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2015 03:08 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Meh. Damien has the MA skills, Tim's the detective, Grayson has the acrobatics/athletics, and Jason's just angry.

I still stand by my point. The Robins break up the MA tier system.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 05:03 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Dick had a stalemate with Batman in the Nu52 so I think he's the top notch out of the Robins

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 05:13 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Bruce holds back

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2015 07:01 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote