KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!

Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
They keep changing Batman, though. As long as the core is still there, I'm all good. MOS had the core of Superman there and that's all I need. Snyder likes to stick with the source material, so I'm not too worried.

TDKR isn't the core of Batman. They really haven't changed him that much in the past 20 odd years, imo, so that's not an excuse either.

MOS was barely there too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 21st, 2015 12:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by -Pr-
TDKR isn't the core of Batman. They really haven't changed him that much in the past 20 odd years, imo, so that's not an excuse either.

MOS was barely there too.
Wow there PR, whoa. You're not allowed to use logic here! laughing

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 21st, 2015 02:35 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I didn't say they should be (well I haven't said that in the last 6 months or so anyway).

You're awfully defensive over everything WB is doing with the DCCU.

For most of us they have to prove themselves before we start trusting every decision they're making, and not the other way around.

No, I'm just tired of people saying the same thing. We have Ezra as Flash. Nothing is going to change that. Don't like it? Fine, but move on.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 04:55 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Its our right to voice how our opinion on it. Why weren't you defending fantastic four when the board was tearing those casting choices apart? Nevermind, we all know why

Old Post May 21st, 2015 05:14 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Flash(Barry) is my favorite DC hero and I see it as kind of a slap in the face that they would just hand off the role so unnecessarily early instead of holding auditions. Whatever. Looks like Gustin may give us the most accurate portrayal of Barry we may see.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 05:23 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Its our right to voice how our opinion on it. Why weren't you defending fantastic four when the board was tearing those casting choices apart? Nevermind, we all know why

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 21st, 2015 05:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I was somewhat defending FF. I've stated numerous times that I think the film is going to be good. Don't be a moron and actually read my posts.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 05:43 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Flash(Barry) is my favorite DC hero and I see it as kind of a slap in the face that they would just hand off the role so unnecessarily early instead of holding auditions. Whatever. Looks like Gustin may give us the most accurate portrayal of Barry we may see.

Think for a second. WB usually has been hitting it out of the park in terms of casting, despite what the naysayers say. They wouldn't just hand out a role like this unless they think Ezra would do a good job. They wanted someone with charisma and good acting chops. Ezra fills that bill.

Also, Zack himself wanted Ezra. It's his movie and he knows where he wants to take the Flash.

Last edited by Senor Cage on May 21st, 2015 at 05:47 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2015 05:45 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Usually knocking it out of the park? You're talking out of your ass. We're at a grand total of ONE film into this movie universe. Which movies have you seen that gives WB such a stellar track record? They have everything to prove and have not earned the benefit of the doubt yet.

Also you saying you're looking forward to fantastic four is not the same as the shit you're doing now. I adressed casting specifically. Nice try though.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 06:06 PM
Senor Cage

Usually knocking it out of the park? You're talking out of your ass. We're at a grand total of ONE film into this movie universe. Which movies have you seen that gives WB such a stellar track record? They have everything to prove and have not earned the benefit of the doubt yet.

Also you saying you're looking forward to fantastic four is not the same as the shit you're doing now. I adressed casting specifically. Nice try though.

Yes, with 2 movies on there way. Casting has been solid thus far for the exception of WW.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 06:35 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, with 2 movies on there way. Casting has been solid thus far for the exception of WW.

I don't like the Lex Luthor decision much either. If a young Jesse Eisenberg Lex works well in the movie, it'll be great. I feel like they missed the opportunity to have a badass Bryan Cranston type Lex.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 07:22 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Bryan would have been great, but he's too old. They're aiming for a young lex.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 07:31 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bryan would have been great, but he's too old. They're aiming for a young lex.

Middle-aged or same age as Clark Kent is perfect for Lex IMO. Having Lex be a young 20 something feels stupid on the surface, especially if he's played with Eisenberg's signature style.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 07:37 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Eisenberg and Caville are about the same age.

No, I'm just tired of people saying the same thing. We have Ezra as Flash. Nothing is going to change that. Don't like it? Fine, but move on.

No you're just being overly defensive. I've not even said anything bad about this film or the casting (although I am worried they've brought in a comedy duo to do it).

But what I said was "I don't really need it" since they're giving us such a great Live action Flash weekly.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 08:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

^ Eisenberg and Caville are about the same age.

No you're just being overly defensive. I've not even said anything bad about this film or the casting (although I am worried they've brought in a comedy duo to do it).

But what I said was "I don't really need it" since they're giving us such a great Live action Flash weekly.

Well, TBH, you don't really need any movie and or Justice League film. wink

Old Post May 21st, 2015 08:18 PM
ares834

Its clear to me they're just gonna have the miller kid do his own hipster version of Flash and just slap "Barry Allen" on there. I mean....the guy didn't even audition no expression

Not sure how it's "clear" at all TBH.

That said I think he is a horrible casting choice.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 10:06 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

People are jumping the gun here. Way to early. Phil Lord and Miller are still developing the script.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 10:07 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by ares834
Not sure how it's "clear" at all TBH.

That said I think he is a horrible casting choice.

That's why I said "clear to ME"

Old Post May 21st, 2015 10:16 PM
Darth Thor

Well, TBH, you don't really need any movie and or Justice League film. wink

My comic book nerdness actually does need a good live action Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and yes Justice League.

With Flash I'm looking forward to getting him in a JL movie, interacting with Batman and Superman and with big budget special effects portraying his powers. But in terms of his solo adventures I'm more than happy with the CW series. I mean they've given us Gorilla Grodd! How cool was that?

Old Post May 21st, 2015 10:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

My comic book nerdness actually does need a good live action Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and yes Justice League.

With Flash I'm looking forward to getting him in a JL movie, interacting with Batman and Superman and with big budget special effects portraying his powers. But in terms of his solo adventures I'm more than happy with the CW series. I mean they've given us Gorilla Grodd! How cool was that?

Haven't been paying attention to Flash, because of school. I hear Grodd was good, though. He doesn't look cheap.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 10:33 PM