KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!

Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
...

Gender: Male
Location: Ireland.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
WB usually has been hitting it out of the park in terms of casting, despite what the naysayers say.


...What?


__________________

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post May 21st, 2015 11:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

What?


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 21st, 2015 11:58 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
...

Gender: Male
Location: Ireland.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
What?


Just at a loss as to how you can make a claim like that when we've only seen one movie in the universe so far.


__________________

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 12:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Just at a loss as to how you can make a claim like that when we've only seen one movie in the universe so far.


I said the casting has been good, not necessarily the pperformances. Time will tell.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 01:22 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
...

Gender: Male
Location: Ireland.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
I said the casting has been good, not necessarily the pperformances. Time will tell.


The casting doesn't really mean much without the performances though, does it?


__________________

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 01:28 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
The casting doesn't really mean much without the performances though, does it?


Which is why I said casting only. I agree, yes, and time will tell.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 01:42 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Gender: Male
Location: Stark Tower

I really like Lord/Miller so I'm sure that I'll like the script. I'm just not sure how I feel about having two Barry's being promoted - I'd rather have Wally TBH.


__________________



>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 02:05 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
I said the casting has been good, not necessarily the pperformances. Time will tell.



You can't judge the casting until you see their performances man.

People didn't like the idea of Robert Downey being Tony Stark, but once everyone saw his performance we saw what genius casting it was. Similarly Ryan Reynolds seemed like decent casting for GL, but it turned out he wasn't really the best casting choice for that role at all (too much of the Reynolds funny man routine in an unfunny script).

I will say though Henry Caville was good casting. But again I can only say that after seeing him perform in the role.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 01:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
You can't judge the casting until you see their performances man.

People didn't like the idea of Robert Downey being Tony Stark, but once everyone saw his performance we saw what genius casting it was. Similarly Ryan Reynolds seemed like decent casting for GL, but it turned out he wasn't really the best casting choice for that role at all (too much of the Reynolds funny man routine in an unfunny script).

I will say though Henry Caville was good casting. But again I can only say that after seeing him perform in the role.


Downey was great casting. I don't know why people were complaining. Same with Hugh Jackman. When I look at those people, I can see their character. That's all I'm going on, not performance. Same with Margot Robbie and Ben Afleck.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 04:14 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Downey was great casting. I don't know why people were complaining. Same with Hugh Jackman. When I look at those people, I can see their character. That's all I'm going on, not performance. Same with Margot Robbie and Ben Afleck.



There's a difference between big names with talent and great casting. E.g. George Clooney as Batman.

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 04:44 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
There's a difference between big names with talent and great casting. E.g. George Clooney as Batman.


I don't think it was Clooneys fault, but more of the direction and director. It's not always the actors fault and at times the actor can phone it in, even though he could have done a better job.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 07:08 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Asgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
I don't think it was Clooneys fault, but more of the direction and director. It's not always the actors fault and at times the actor can phone it in, even though he could have done a better job.


Well you can't completely blame the director, because Val Kilmer was a much better Batman under the same director.

Sometimes big names with talent just don't suit a particular role, or simply don't "get" the role they're playing.

That's why genius casting can only be determined by the performance an actor gives in that particular role. Hence it being worrying that Ezra Miller didn't audition (I don't know that for sure, just repeating what someone else said on this thread).

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 07:36 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well you can't completely blame the director, because Val Kilmer was a much better Batman under the same director.

Sometimes big names with talent just don't suit a particular role, or simply don't "get" the role they're playing.

That's why genius casting can only be determined by the performance an actor gives in that particular role. Hence it being worrying that Ezra Miller didn't audition (I don't know that for sure, just repeating what someone else said on this thread).


That is true, but what if Clooney just phoned it in? Actors do it all the time. Deniro for example can pretty much do anything, but lacks the effort at times.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 22nd, 2015 07:46 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Miramar, Florida

Warner Brothers is to blame (yes, ad nauseum but it's true) for Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. They instructed Joel Schumacher to make those movies as campy as possible to sell more toys. He later apologized for making Batman & Robin on the movie's video commentary.

Clooney did suck as Batman and Kilmer was a lot better, but I wouldn't blame him for phoning it in when WB was only interested in advertising toys. Batman & Robin was a special case of bad and it didn't allow any actor or actress to display their talents.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 12:21 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Femi32
Warner Brothers is to blame (yes, ad nauseum but it's true) for Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. They instructed Joel Schumacher to make those movies as campy as possible to sell more toys. He later apologized for making Batman & Robin on the movie's video commentary.

Clooney did suck as Batman and Kilmer was a lot better, but I wouldn't blame him for phoning it in when WB was only interested in advertising toys. Batman & Robin was a special case of bad and it didn't allow any actor or actress to display their talents.


That's what I'm kinda saying, though. Sometimes it's not the actors fault. If Clooney had free reign to do what he wanted, he could have been better. Haven't seen the movies in a while, so I'll take your word for it.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 12:36 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
Icey Dead People

Gender: Male
Location: Hard Mounted on Viserion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
WB usually has been hitting it out of the park in terms of casting, despite what the naysayers say.



(please log in to view the image)


__________________


Old Post May 23rd, 2015 01:01 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
(please log in to view the image)


Don't worry. You'll be eating your words when the movies come out. wink


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 01:53 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
There's a difference between big names with talent and great casting. E.g. George Clooney as Batman.


George Clooney could've been an awesome batman given a better director/script. Imagine Clooney under Nolan.

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 02:24 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Firefly218
George Clooney could've been an awesome batman given a better director/script. Imagine Clooney under Nolan.


Forget Clooney, what about Killmer! Love that guy. Great actor.


__________________


Avatar/Sig by One_Angry_Scot!

Old Post May 23rd, 2015 02:58 AM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834
Grand Moff

Gender: Male
Location: United States

Unfortunately, it seems Lord and Miller won't be directing this as they have been officially announced to be the directors of a Han Solo spin off film set to be released in 2018. Great news for SW fans though!

Hopefully, they can get someone like Edgar Wright to fill in.


__________________

--- You May Fire When Ready ---

Old Post Jul 7th, 2015 11:05 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 03:27 AM.
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing the Flash!

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.