KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 325 326 [327] 328 329 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kento
The last Hokage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
He did just die and was resurrected and pumped full of Super Saiyan blue power. In the fight you are referencing him as being weakened, he was able to buff up and ignite chi off of his body. No sign of him being weakened. The guy was able to pull of TWO Maf... This speaks volumes and tells us he wasn't as weakened as you are trying to say he is.
He wasn't pumped full of anything. There's nothing even suggesting he had recovered and wasn't weakened. Frost went after him because he was weakened, and unable to pose much of a challenge because of that... Frost being an idiot apparently doesn't know how to just toss someone two feet behind him to get the leg up on a team he wants to take out.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 08:07 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Honestly, I don't get the confusion.

1. Roshi was weakened prior to tangling with Frost. This was stated more than once. Arguing against this is arguing against canon.

2. Roshi is now capable of holding his own against base Goku enough to warrant praise and excitement from base Goku.This was shown. Arguing against this is arguing against canon.

3. Nobody said Roshi is stronger than base goku/vegeta. This is a lie. A dumb lie at that. laughing out loud

4. Roshi getting a toriyama hand job does not make Goku/Vegeta weaker. This is bad logic.

5. There is zero proof that SSJ Vegeta was on the verge of oneshotting Ribrianna. This is baseless conjecture.

6. Power levels are bullsh-t. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 08:57 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Kento
He wasn't pumped full of anything. There's nothing even suggesting he had recovered and wasn't weakened. Frost went after him because he was weakened, and unable to pose much of a challenge because of that... Frost being an idiot apparently doesn't know how to just toss someone two feet behind him to get the leg up on a team he wants to take out.

Lol...we clearly see Super Saiyan Blue energy surrounding Roshi. Hope you're not "purposely" ignoring this. Lol...do you think that was for show or did Goku revive him with the energy?

Frost toyed with him and admitted he had no choice but to hold back against a powered up Roshi. This post didn't counter anything I said. I guess You just wanted to type.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 09:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Honestly, I don't get the confusion.

1. Roshi was weakened prior to tangling with Frost. This was stated more than once. Arguing against this is arguing against canon.

2. Roshi is now capable of holding his own against base Goku enough to warrant praise and excitement from base Goku.This was shown. Arguing against this is arguing against canon.

3. Nobody said Roshi is stronger than base goku/vegeta. This is a lie. A dumb lie at that. laughing out loud

4. Roshi getting a toriyama hand job does not make Goku/Vegeta weaker. This is bad logic.

5. There is zero proof that SSJ Vegeta was on the verge of oneshotting Ribrianna. This is baseless conjecture.

6. Power levels are bullsh-t. laughing out loud

This post is irrelevant and ignores the most key point about Goku. He wasn't trying to kill his friend, Master Roshi (common sense only knows this) AND he always hold back (only people would know this is the ones that look at the show), this was outright said. Please go sit in the corner.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 09:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

My problem with this shit is how unbelievable those "upgrades" are.

SSJ God thing was BS enough for me (too vast PL increase, too), but non-god fighters catching up so soon is much, much worse.

Sigh. GT, come back.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 09:14 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

This post is irrelevant and ignores the most key point about Goku. He wasn't trying to kill his friend, Master Roshi (common sense only knows this) AND he always hold back (only people would know this is the ones that look at the show), this was outright said. Please go sit in the corner.
Your response is irrelevant and ignores Goku's outright actual statements on the fight. My fists are tingling? What a sensation? Amazing energy? I want to keep fighting you? Oh yeah, that's swatting flea talk right there. Roshi got a toriyama handjob. It's that simple. In a show as inconsistent as this, I am flabbergasted as to why that is so hard to admit. laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 09:42 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

And who is getting bjs? Goku and Vegeta?

And actual sex? Beerus?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 10:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
My problem with this shit is how unbelievable those "upgrades" are.

SSJ God thing was BS enough for me (too vast PL increase, too), but non-god fighters catching up so soon is much, much worse.

Sigh. GT, come back.

They didn't catch up though minus the Android whom already had unlimited potential.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 10:34 PM
carver9

Your response is irrelevant and ignores Goku's outright actual statements on the fight. My fists are tingling? What a sensation? Amazing energy? I want to keep fighting you? Oh yeah, that's swatting flea talk right there. Roshi got a toriyama handjob. It's that simple. In a show as inconsistent as this, I am flabbergasted as to why that is so hard to admit. laughing out loud

laughing out loud that doesn't mean he was putting energy into it. He took him out with a kameha... a single hit. Goku always hold back, even against enemies. It would be half retarded to think he would break this trends against a friend.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 10:36 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

JIRON IS OP AS FCK.

I see Carver is owning y'all casually as usual so

See y'all bitches and haters next week_l_

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 10:48 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

That guy Jiren took out was giving Super Saiyan Goku fits. Jiren took him out with a wave of his hand.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 10:58 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea, not even a ki attack.

Literally a wave of air was all it was.

I suspect he is stronger then Beerus.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2017 11:28 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Just read chapter 28, looks like I was wrong about the Grand Priest stepping in to help the GoD's against Beerus. It looked that way in the broken scans I had, but in context it was actually Sidra that conjured a shield to protect his fellows.

Beerus is still easily one of the strongest GoD's going off this chapter, though.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 01:46 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

laughing out loud that doesn't mean he was putting energy into it. He took him out with a kameha... a single hit. Goku always hold back, even against enemies. It would be half retarded to think he would break this trends against a friend.
Goku holding back doesn't make his comments magically disappear. Or do you sincerely believe that a sub-Recoome level opponent (or in your words, an opponent Recoome would destroy) can give current base Goku a good time and make him think they have "amazing power?" Are you sure you're not the one saying Goku is weak? laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 01:57 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Just read chapter 28, looks like I was wrong about the Grand Priest stepping in to help the GoD's against Beerus. It looked that way in the broken scans I had, but in context it was actually Sidra that conjured a shield to protect his fellows.

Beerus is still easily one of the strongest GoD's going off this chapter, though.
Probably the strongest if he's going to be Goku's final opponent in Super.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 01:58 AM
carver9

Goku holding back doesn't make his comments magically disappear. Or do you sincerely believe that a sub-Recoome level opponent (or in your words, an opponent Recoome would destroy) can give current base Goku a good time and make him think they have "amazing power?" Are you sure you're not the one saying Goku is weak? laughing out loud

Yes, Recoome could give a Goku that is holding back all of his power a fight...easily. Especially if he is a friend. Once Goku wanted Roshi out, he finished him with a single hit. Do you know the definition of holding back?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 03:39 AM
carver9

Also want to point out that Roshi admitted he couldn't fly but when he was surrounded by this purple energy, he was flying around with ease. He was probably amped.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 03:45 AM
Kento
The last Hokage

Lol...we clearly see Super Saiyan Blue energy surrounding Roshi. Hope you're not "purposely" ignoring this. Lol...do you think that was for show or did Goku revive him with the energy?

Frost toyed with him and admitted he had no choice but to hold back against a powered up Roshi. This post didn't counter anything I said. I guess You just wanted to type.
Cause he used the energy to revive him. He was dead, the energy didn't suddenly boost Roshi to full power and make him unhurt from being beaten on relentlessly by birdman. It simply brought him back to life. So yea, don't get what you're even trying to get at. Goku had to even help Roshi over to the area he was laying at when Frost attacks him.

Frost was toying with him, Roshi isn't stronger than Frost, but Roshi wasn't stronger than ANY of the characters he beat. Roshi didn't have the energy or stamina to repeat anything he did prior. And was still able to get licks in on Frost while worn out, and having his arm crushed. Frost is a terrible fighter, plain and simple.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 04:33 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Super was kind of in a no-win situation with the power levels and fanservice.

Either you stick to the established system of power levels/scaling, where everyone but Goku and Vegeta is useless at this point and continue to piss off fans of everyone else.

Or you dip your toes in the hot water and make some changes so that everyone (barring Tien in this case unfortunately) can pull their weight again, but it pisses off the power level fans. "HOW CAN THESE LOSER NON-SAIYANS CATCH UP LIKE THAT?!"

The shit that it's caused is has made arguing over the series here on par with politics in terms of the air/climate. erm I just don't care for the consistency anymore. Dragon Ball's had bad writing since forever, so it's more of the same to me by this point, except now I can enjoy more of my fan favorites again, minus Tien at the moment.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 05:20 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

I don't mind the power levels don't matter anymore. It's why I like Hunter x Hunter, and Naruto part 1 so much. Power levels don't exist. I am very interested in how they will do the manga though because that hasn't fallen prey to the power levels don't matter deal. But it also does things, imo, a lot more interesting and better. I mean Gods of Destruction fighting each other in an exhibition match.. Beerus showing how much stronger he is than Vegeta. The chapters in general have been amazing while still keeping the power scale in tact.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 05:40 AM