KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 384 385 [386] 387 388 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Also I semi-seriously wish Arale had been in the tournament.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 02:45 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

They would have won in no time, Jiren can't compete with Arale.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:02 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

If Jiren is Beerus level or above, he sure as hell can.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:20 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

They were all just worried that Beerus would lose against Arale, and didn't want to hurt his pride.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:26 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

...that's not what happened at all.

They explicitly state that Arale's antics wouldn't work against Beerus, and Beerus casually knocked her on her ass and was about to destroy her until he got a stomach ache. There's no indication that anybody felt Arale could defeat Beerus.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:45 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Base Vegeta also knocked her down, and her head off so Beerus doing it wasn't exactly something that couldn't be done. lol And besides, best way to get Jiren disqualified. Get hit, head fall off, make everyone think he killed her. Like they thought Vegeta did.

Also I am not serious, because Arale is a joke character, who would do whatever she wanted, and the plot wouldn't care how strong or weak the person was anyway.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:56 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Would Goku be able to use Instant Transmission while in Ultra Instinct? It requires a bit more thinking but with it he'd basically be untouchable.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 07:47 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Also I semi-seriously wish Arale had been in the tournament.
Arale tapping the toon-force = the most powerful entity in the DB mythos. She'd rip Jiren apart. thumb up

Originally posted by AuraAngel
Would Goku be able to use Instant Transmission while in Ultra Instinct? It requires a bit more thinking but with it he'd basically be untouchable.
I think the whole point of UI is that once it is fully mastered, you ARE untouchable. /shrug

What I don't like about UI, however, is that it is an explicit transformation -- this doesn't make much sense to me, because it is more about state of mind than explicitly powering up(which is what transformations [esp. Saiyan transformations] have historically revolved around.) Look at Whis: he certainly doesn't transform when he fights, and he's the only being in U7 who has fully mastered UI.

...But maybe once you master UI, it stops being a transformation you have to consciously activate, and is always 'on'? I suppose that would make sense, now that I think about it... I guess we'll see what happens once Goku has adapted to UI a bit more.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 24th, 2017 at 11:18 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:13 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Beerus doesn't have it mastered, can use it, and doesn't 'transform' when using it though. Though I guess we haven't seen him doing it in the anime..for some reason..

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 11:58 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, even though Beerus hasn't fully mastered UI, he's probably still mastered it *enough* that it's always 'on' whenever he fights -- much like Whis himself.

After all, Beerus was using a version of UI in the manga when he fought all of the other GoDs simultaneosuly(as noted by Whis), and as you said: it wasn't an explicit transformation. He was just... Fighting. And that makes the most sense, given that UI revolves around alignment of oneself at an instinctual level -- letting each part of your body move/react without conscious thought.

It shouldn't be a transformation, imo.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 25th, 2017 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 12:52 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

UI isn't a transformation. The new transformation allows Goku to use UI.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 02:01 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

He was powering up though which is signs of it being a transformation.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 02:09 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

So if two people fight using mastered UI, like Vados and Whis...would they never be able to hit each other?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 03:31 AM
carver9

I wonder if speed can overcome UI. If someone's speed and reflexes is so high that it could overcome the UI advantage, can that factor in when trying to tag a person using this ability.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 07:33 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Vegeta fans already speculating about him learning the attacking part of UI....some people are hopeless...

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 08:30 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

We all know Vegeta will learn it though, without needing to be koed first to unleash it.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 03:12 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
I wonder if speed can overcome UI. If someone's speed and reflexes is so high that it could overcome the UI advantage, can that factor in when trying to tag a person using this ability.

Hard to avoid Flash or Superman when you're a literal statue.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 03:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Yep, that's totally not getting old at all.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 03:22 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kento
Yep, that's totally not getting old at all.

He asked.

Of course super speed, like the kind on display in any given flash scan (The kinds of speed you Dragon Ball fanboys can only dream of), would null and void any chance of auto reacting. No movement = no dodging.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 03:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NewGuy01
UI isn't a transformation. The new transformation allows Goku to use UI.
That's exactly my point.

To use UI at this point, Goku has to transform... I just hope that part goes away eventually(once he's mastered the technique further), because having to transform just to use UI kind of defeats its purpose. Imo.

Originally posted by Kento
So if two people fight using mastered UI, like Vados and Whis...would they never be able to hit each other?
If they're roughly the same level(as Whis and Vados are), then I can't imagine them doing anything but stalemating in an all-out fight.

If the opposition is significantly more powerful, however, AND has fully mastered UI, then the more powerful being will win. For example, even Whis said that he wouldn't even be able to lay a hand on Daishinkan -- much less hope to beat him in a fight.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 03:41 PM