KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 563 564 [565] 566 567 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kento
The last Hokage

I keep hoping to see the kids, but alas nope. And they can't find Tien because no phone, even though they are on a tower that can see anywhere on the planet, and can sense energy..sure

As for Seventhree, its 17 all over again, yet Piccolo couldn't hold out? He use to fight himself on a regular basis training also. I figured he would do better than that.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 02:20 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tien could be suppressing his ki, I guess. /shrug

...not a big loss though. He's just a poor man's Krillin anyway. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 21st, 2019 01:34 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 01:16 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Nov 12th, 2019 09:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Last two pages of the chapter heavily allude to Merus being an Angel:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Translation:
https://i.imgur.com/x9GsEtd.jpg

And if Whis felt the need to take this directly to Daishinkan, it must be a very big deal.

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 20th, 2019 at 12:13 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2019 12:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

At least it doesn't seem to be Daishinkan being Merus though.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2019 12:18 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They're definitely separate, thank god. thumb up

Old Post Nov 20th, 2019 12:38 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bet Merus was kicked out of the order. Probably exiled for taking sides and nerfed to mortal level, but still has certain Angel skills he's forbidden to use or pass on. Like Roah when he lost as successor to Kenshiro.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Nov 20th, 2019 at 06:43 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2019 06:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Goku also likened a comment Merus made about eating to something Whis had once said to him:

So yeah, it seems pretty clear at this point that Merus is(or at least was) an Angel.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2019 07:15 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good thing Grand Priest didn't see Whis's actions during Freeza's invasion.

Or how he stalled Broly, or trained Goku and Vegeta.

Kind of ironic he'd narc on Merus, considering he's hardly completely neutral.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2019 07:39 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deft

In which chapter Whis said that he can't eat?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2019 06:50 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't know if he said it in the manga. Could have just been in some off-panel convo he had with Goku.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2019 10:24 PM
deft

Two questions

1. When Black turns into SS, was the SS or SS2?

2. In the manga adaptation of TOP, Goku uses the SSB with the KK?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2019 08:35 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

1.) Black went Super Saiyan Rose... Is that what you're asking about? If so, that's basically the 'divine' version of SSB.

2.) Yeah, it was essentially SSB+KK.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2019 08:58 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

I don't think he means SSR. In the manga, Black turns into a normal Super Saiyan first, but it's unclear if he uses SS1 or SS2.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2019 10:08 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deft

Yeah, I mean in the manga, which SS used?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2019 11:55 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh okay.

I'd say it was SS2... At least initially. He had the trademark 'lightning aura', after all:
https://i.imgur.com/uAuWAkO.png
https://i.imgur.com/uMP32PX.png
https://i.imgur.com/GniB3Cm.png
https://i.imgur.com/qgNhtRr.png

Old Post Nov 28th, 2019 01:25 AM
deft

Why the Metamoran Fusion is better than the Potara Fusion when the warrior turns into SSB but not in SS? It's weird.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2019 10:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I broke down Potara and Metamoran fusion here:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f74/t657898.html

tl;dr
Potara only lasts a few minutes(max) when Vegetto taps into divine ki/SSB -- Gowasu theorized that the amount of power they were channeling made the fusion unstable:
https://i.imgur.com/rwDCyyH.jpg

Conversely, Metamoran seems to last a full 30mins regardless of how powerful Gogeta becomes... They wanted to introduce Gogeta in the movie without giving him some BS time-out weakness, is why...

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 28th, 2019 at 11:55 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2019 11:43 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Conversely, Metamoran seems to last a full 30mins regardless of how powerful Gogeta becomes...

Old Post Nov 29th, 2019 12:17 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote