KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 568 569 [570] 571 572 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Tien used to be the strongest human until toriyama forgot

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 09:10 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Tien used to be the strongest human until toriyama forgot
That's def debatable in almost any era but I get ya.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 28th, 2020 09:19 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Kento
I'm gonna be missing out on this chapter for a little while. And this whole forum. 😂🤣 shipping out to basic army training in Missouri tomorrow l.

What’s your MOS? And good luck.

Word of advice, don’t go in there thinking you’re hot shit, the Drill Sergeants will break you if you do.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2020 12:17 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Finding myself appreciating Resurrection of F more then I did when it came out.

The whole production was top notch, it felt just like those old epic movies. Much more so then Battle of the Gods.

Everyone was disappointed the battle was so one dimensional, but Freeza was never a fighter, always the schemer. And here he was spot on.

And, he won.

Dammit, Whis. What would Grand Priest think about your "do over"?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 04:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I still hate that they left yamcha behind but brought roshi. That was lame

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 04:16 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeadpoolXXX

roshi >>>>> yamcha tho.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 05:59 AM
DeadpoolXXX is currently offline Click here to Send DeadpoolXXX a Private Message Find more posts by DeadpoolXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Which is also stupid

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 01:23 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Good luck Kento. Hope life treats ya well there.

Originally posted by cdtm
Finding myself appreciating Resurrection of F more then I did when it came out.

The whole production was top notch, it felt just like those old epic movies. Much more so then Battle of the Gods.

Everyone was disappointed the battle was so one dimensional, but Freeza was never a fighter, always the schemer. And here he was spot on.

And, he won.

Dammit, Whis. What would Grand Priest think about your "do over"?

I still prefer BotG out of the two while RoF felt it only got worse with time tbh, but to each their own.

The main battle being one dimensional is a legitimate gripe, when Frieza on Namek had previously given us some of the greatest fights Dragon Ball's ever had, though at least he got some retribution with the ToP. He's both a schemer and a fighter.

Grand Priest probably wouldn't care.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 11:12 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Well, sadly, it looks like yamcha and tien will not be fighting next chapter. The wait for tien to anything cool in super continues...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2020 05:22 AM
Sj_Sharp

Well, the chapter is out and it's somehow brutal. I liked it a lot.

Saganbo with Moro's energy > Ultimate Gohan + 17 + Piccolo + 18, as Galan said.
And current DBS Gohan (anime or manga is the same, doesn't really matter) >> DBZ.

Aso, manga Ultimate Gohan was about equal with Full power Kefla.

Then Moro keeps on giving energy to Saganbo, at least two more times, so in terms of power:

Saganbo (3 times Moro's energy) >>> Saganbo (1st time Moro's energy) > the rest

And current SSB Goku is almost casually >> Saganbo (3 times Moro's energy). In fact, Goku was more concerned with Saganbo's health than anything else.

Still, Moro's able to no sell a current SSB Goku's serious hit and when Saganbo dies because he is not able to withstand the increasing energy anymore, Moro calls that actually ungodly amount of power "smidgen of energy".

Power really is at crazy levels at this point.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2020 04:44 PM
Sj_Sharp is currently offline Click here to Send Sj_Sharp a Private Message Find more posts by Sj_Sharp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I like how Whis tells on dad for Goku training with Merus, because angels are "supposed to be neutral", despite him being the one to turn back time for Frieza destroying the earth. Hypocrite alert.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2020 05:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2020 06:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
I like how Whis tells on dad for Goku training with Merus, because angels are "supposed to be neutral", despite him being the one to turn back time for Frieza destroying the earth. Hypocrite alert.

Big time hypocrite.

If it's ok because Whis likes earth food, then why couldn't Merus be helping Goku to protect something he really likes too?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2020 06:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
Power really is at crazy levels at this point.
No kidding.

Even with the first powerup, Saganbo was casualy wrecking Gohan + Piccolo + the Androids... And manga Gohan alone was equal to Kefla during the ToP.

Then Goku shows up and effortlessly(ie. while greatly suppressing himself) demolishes Saganbo, even after a few more powerups from Moro.

Insane.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2020 08:33 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Seems entirely possible (likely?) that Moro has surpassed the likes of Broly and Jiren. The extent of the scaling is Moro >>>>>>>>> smidgen of Moro’s energy ~ energy that overwhelmed Saganbo >> third amp Saganbo >> second amp Saganbo >> first amp Saganbo >> Android 17, Android 18, Gohan, Piccolo collectively. That’s not even considering that Goku could barely recognize Gohan and Piccolo after the growth they’ve gone through since the start of the arc, (so current Gohan >>> Gohan that matched Kefla).

Furthermore, Blue Goku seemed genuinely surprised/alarmed that Saganbo was able to tank his onslaught in Blue, and I would even argue the power Blue Goku was bringing to bear on Saganbo may have been FAR beyond what he was capable of during the ToP and Broly arcs, given Piccolo pretty much saying “Goku looks far stronger than the last time I saw him in Blue” while Goku was fighting Saganbo. I.e. it’s possible even second amp Saganbo could destroy earlier iterations of SSJB...which makes sense given how badly first amp Saganbo was beating Gohan/Piccolo/17/18 (who are, again, all much stronger than they were during the ToP or Broly arc).

Shit is nuts.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 21st, 2020 10:52 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

I've mentioned this before, but even though we don't know how powerful Merus is in comparison to the likes of Whis, the fact that a phucking Angel was about to go all-out against Goku(before Whis intervened) is pretty telling of the levels he is currently operating at.

If Moro beats him in this state(which I assume he will, given that Vegeta hasn't even entered the fray yet), then it should put Moro's power solidly in the tier of Angels. Crazy.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2020 11:58 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Saganbo wasn't ever a threat to goku, even in base form. I doubt him and moro have reached jiren/broly

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 02:47 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Goku did not fight Saganbo in base form. When Goku was blitzing him, he was using UI Omen (as stated by Moro and implied repeatedly in the manga chapter).

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 05:54 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Goku is undoubetdly VASTLY more powerful now than he was during the Broly arc, but I'm not sure if his raw power(in SSB, at least) has surpassed the likes of FPSS Broly.

Broly was so powerful that he pushed even Gogeta to use SSB, and was still soaking nearly everything that was dished out, while becoming more powerful the entire time... The only attack Gogeta used which would have put Broly down for sure was his 'full force' Kamehameha.

The Moro arc scaling is absolutely absurd, but at this point I don't know that it's absurd *enough* to put SSB Goku on par with SSB Gogeta. Now current UI Goku, on the other hand...

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 22nd, 2020 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 04:32 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

What kind of amp do they get when they fuse though? If it's still the "PLxPL" thing, then no way is Goku alone on that level now.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2020 04:44 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote