KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (632): « First ... « 609 610 [611] 612 613 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kento
The last Hokage

Vegeta has the worst power up, because he can't tank damage. Gokou is fighting using his emotions, but it has a timer because he said he can't do it long. And Gas is going to die. But Elec wants him to kill Freeza before he does.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2022 09:58 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kento
Vegeta has the worst power up, because he can't tank damage. Gokou is fighting using his emotions, but it has a timer because he said he can't do it long. And Gas is going to die. But Elec wants him to kill Freeza before he does.
I get Vegeta, he gets stronger as he takes damage. Goku is now in omen form? Which is “his” version of UI? Why is it all of the sudden stronger then the white haired form

Last edited by bbrem123 on Jun 20th, 2022 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2022 10:39 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, it seems like Goku has chosen to use the Omen form. Evidently he still gets some of the perks of MUI, but he doesn't have to stay peaceful/tranquil for the transformation to stay active, which allows him to get angry and unleash the full extent of his raw power. The drawback, however, is that he can only maintain it for a very short period of time -- essentially SS3 all over again.

It's just absolutely stupid because all material so far has reiterated time and time again that MUI is just better than Omen in every conceivable way(including raw power.) We explicitly saw the difference between Omen and MUI in the previous arc, when the former could barely manage anything at all against Moro, while the latter owned Moro effortlessly... So I really don't understand the "powerup" aspect that Toyo is trying to run with here..? /shrug

...And oh look, another transformation for Gas. roll eyes (sarcastic)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 21st, 2022 at 12:52 AM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 12:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Gas using much of his lifeforce/lifetime to draw upon that power is an interesting drawback though.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 12:23 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by bbrem123
I get Vegeta, he gets stronger as he takes damage. Goku is now in omen form? Which is “his” version of UI? Why is it all of the sudden stronger then the white haired form
I mean during the beginning of the arc, Whis says he equates UI to a transformation and real mastery will be when he can do it in base form basically.

So, Omen > 'MUI' makes more sense when Gokou is also finding his own version of UI to go along with his fighting style.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 12:57 AM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So, Omen > 'MUI' makes more sense when Gokou is also finding his own version of UI to go along with his fighting style.
Not really, though.

Look at the last arc. Omen Goku goes for broke and powers up as much as possible against Moro, and can't really manage anything before getting beaten. Then Goku unlocks MUI and casually drops an even more powerful version of Moro(Moro+73) with a few strikes... Then proceeds to stalemate an even MORE powerful version of Moro(Moro+Merus). Showcasing the fact that MUI is tierS above Omen, which absolutely makes sense... But here we are.

Toyo just doesn't have a firm grasp on the continuity he's writing, tbh. He's gone full-Tori.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 01:30 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Gokou

Is there a reason why you do this?

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 01:48 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Is there a reason why you do this?

Cause I'm from the old school. Where Fandubs, and Japanese official things had it spelled Gokou. While America was Goku.

Same reason I go with Broli, and not Broly.

Originally posted by Galan007
Not really, though.

Look at the last arc. Omen Goku goes for broke and powers up as much as possible against Moro, and can't really manage anything before getting beaten. Then Goku unlocks MUI and casually drops an even more powerful version of Moro(Moro+73) with a few strikes... Then proceeds to stalemate an even MORE powerful version of Moro(Moro+Merus). Showcasing the fact that MUI is tierS above Omen, which absolutely makes sense... But here we are.

Toyo just doesn't have a firm grasp on the continuity he's writing, tbh. He's gone full-Tori.
But, MUI being a transformation is spelled out in this arc that it's the wrong way to go about it. And that he will be stronger if he can find his own way to do it. That's what this arc has been all about. Time limits and transforming means it's not true Ultra Instinct.

Omen is closer to base than MUI, and Gokou is fighting his own way. Toyotaro went out of his way to say Base Ultra Instinct will be stronger than White-Haired Transformed Ultra Instinct. Merus trained him to become MUI, Whis is training him to be like an angel, always in the state of UI.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 02:28 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Cause I'm from the old school. Where Fandubs, and Japanese official things had it spelled Gokou. While America was Goku.

Same reason I go with Broli, and not Broly.

Well Broli makes sense, because Japanese doesn't distinguish between i and vowel-y. The standard transliteration of the い-set is i, so Broli is actually the most straightforward spelling. Gokou is kind of baffling, though. Gokuu is the direct transliteration, and it makes sense in English to shorten that to Goku. Even writing the uu as oo, I could see. But why ou? That doesn't make any sense in romanized Japanese, and it's not an intuitive choice for English, either. Weird.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 07:55 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Originally posted by Galan007
Not really, though.

I agree, I keep trying to see logic in it but cant. UI is about moving without thinking. Goku's version of UI is technically not UI at all. Also there should be zero chance it should be stronger than the white hair MUI....

Unless he is utilizing his emotions as the trigger and fuel for fighting without thinking? His way of making that happen idk...You would still think he would have the white hair if he perfected this approach though.

UI is UI imo doesnt matter if he approaches it his own way or not imo.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 02:43 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Can any of you guys drop me a link of subtitled version of Super Hero?

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 05:17 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well Broli makes sense, because Japanese doesn't distinguish between i and vowel-y. The standard transliteration of the い-set is i, so Broli is actually the most straightforward spelling. Gokou is kind of baffling, though. Gokuu is the direct transliteration, and it makes sense in English to shorten that to Goku. Even writing the uu as oo, I could see. But why ou? That doesn't make any sense in romanized Japanese, and it's not an intuitive choice for English, either. Weird.
*shrugs* Blame Bandai I guess.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2022 11:50 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Ah, so this is why the new Cell had no personality. In the original Toriyama draft for Cell, he was a creature that did not speak, and he wanted the new Cell to be more along the lines of his original vision for the character, along with the ugly Semi Perfect form being the main form which was his favorite.

The editors were right to have Tori make the changes to the OG Cell though. We got a much better character out of him as a result, but I guess Frieza is the only villain allowed to have a charismatic personality according to him.

Attachment: 0302db5c-fcd9-4653-b00c-a0ac15abaa94.png
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Jun 26th, 2022 11:32 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What nightmare is this?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2022 03:04 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

So I watched Super Hero with subtitles it has the shittiest writing As far As powerscaling goes......

So Gamma 1 and 2 are supposed to be equal to Goku and Vegeta.

Gohan doubts Goku and Vegeta could have beaten Cell Max.

Also they were created in a really short time meaning SSB form is a joke and a scientist can easily create more poweful androids......

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2022 09:37 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Also Piccolo is asked at least 3-5 times if he thinks Gohan is stronger than Goku or if he could beat him and his answer is Always Gohan is the strongest he just has to awaken and train.....yada yada...

So yeah Gohan>Goku....

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 06:35 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I assume Toriyama/the movie is not taking Ultra Instinct, Ultra Ego, or any of that into account and that even in this film, the highest Goku and Vegeta still have is just the Blue form? Not hard to make Gohan look better then when he gets a new form while simultaneously undoing a lot of things for Goku and Vegeta. Maybe Tori didn't like Ultra Instinct and such and is just trying to write his own shit, but this is some of the lamest stuff yet.

I thought the whole point of sidelining Goku and Vegeta in the film was so Gohan and Piccolo could fight villains that would've otherwise been easily handled, not for them to just power creep past Goku and Vegeta.

The usage of a character just saying "this person is as strong as x" or "even x would struggle with this guy!" rather than actually showing it has always been lame though to be honest. Probably the worst part of the Buu saga was how often it was used just for the sake of power creep like how Frieza basically became a unit of measurement like Supreme Kai's statement about the Kai's Buu fought being "100 times stronger than Frieza" or something and Dabura being randomly said to be as strong as Perfect Cell just because I guess it was thought that would make him sound more cool? There were plenty of those statements in GT too, most infamously with General Rilldo. It's just a bad writing way to try and make a character seem more impressive without actually making them impressive.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 08:18 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Jiren is mentioned in the movie while they are training with Broly...

So TOP is not forgotten at all this might imply Final Gohan>UI.

Also Beerus is freaked out that Broly is training on his planet and the others are only going in base against him cause they are afraid that he cant control his anger and he might cut lose and destroy the planet...

Dr. Hedo creates Cell Max pretty fast it is not implied how long it took him but the Way he says IT seems like it was easy work....

Going by logic Orange Piccolo could 1 shot SSB and that power up was thanks to a wish.....

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Jun 30th, 2022 at 09:44 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 09:41 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Estacado
Going by logic Orange Piccolo could 1 shot SSB and that power up was thanks to a wish.....

I'm not even keeping up, but isn't that exactly what happened in the manga too? With the granola bar guy?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 01:27 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Yup.

Bankai.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2022 01:45 PM