KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » can Black Panther now upgraded beat Dr. Strange

can Black Panther now upgraded beat Dr. Strange
Started by: SWblayde938

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
You also wrote that they were LEADING their armies. Which meant that they were at the front. As seen in the panel I posted.

So why the need to wade, when in the panel I posted, they were already face to face?

The original point still stands, though. Tech/Strength/Speed/Skill/Prep feat?

Or, to add another to the table, is it a Magic feat? Which would add to this thread.

I don't know, but he did wade through the soldiers in the panel I posted, not the one you are referencing. I'm not going to post it again. You should look at it.

As far as you trying to determine what sort of feat it was, that's your thought, not mine. I never termed it a "feat", All I said was that he defeated him, which he did.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:21 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
I don't know, but he did wade through the soldiers in the panel I posted, not the one you are referencing. I'm not going to post it again. You should look at it.

As far as you trying to determine what sort of feat it was, that's your thought, not mine. I never termed it a "feat", All I said was that he defeated him, which he did.

Well, if it's a magic feat (as in, he used magic to defeat BD), then it had relevance to this thread.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:24 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, if it's a magic feat (as in, he used magic to defeat BD), then it had relevance to this thread.

As far as the topic, yes. But this thread, as most threads, had a number of side arguments, one of which is that BP isn't that formidable and is simply the "flavor of the month." You did read that, correct? That's what I commented on originally. As I said, I don't think BP as much of a chance against Strange outside of a ton of one sided prep.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on May 20th, 2015 at 02:43 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:32 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by krisblaze
17 years your junior, are you 42 ****ing years old? hahaha.

Your old ass should learn how to read then, and stop rooting for the king of africa in fights where he's desperately outgunned.

I also like how Star and Carver are people.

Your kind of people no doubt smile

I'm 43 and you are a wet, dirty puppy to me. 43 is probably old to you because you because you don't know where your next meal is coming from. Now, let me demonstrate my maturity and cut your neophyte ass off. Have fun talking to the screen on the library computer you are accessing.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:39 PM
krisblaze

I'm 43 and you are a wet, dirty puppy to me. 43 is probably old to you because you because you don't know where your next meal is coming from. Now, let me demonstrate my maturity and cut your neophyte ass off. Have fun talking to the screen on the library computer you are accessing.

Wut...

Are you trying to make fun of me because I'm poor?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:41 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

As far as the topic, yes. But this thread, as most threads, had a number of side arguments, one of which is that BP isn't that formidable and is simply the "flavor of the month." You did read that, correct?

And I trust you read the posts where I said, multiple times, that nobody said that BP DIDN'T defeat BD - correct?

The only thing people have been saying is that due to its nature, it's not really usable - did you read that part? Style has said it, kris too, as have I.

I hope you can see the relevance my questions have. I asked if it was a magic feat, because if he used magic to defeat BD, that's a good feat, and we can use it to strengthen one's argument that he can beat Dr Strange.

If it was a skill feat, you can use it to strengthen your argument that he beats, Wolverine, say (as an example).

If it was a strength feat, you can use it to strengthen one's argument that he can beat Abomination in h2h, for example.

But if you cannot say whether it was a strength/skill/magic etc feat? Then what good is him beating BD, when even the writer/artist cannot say how he did it lol.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

And I trust you read the posts where I said, multiple times, that nobody said that BP DIDN'T defeat BD - correct?

The only thing people have been saying is that due to its nature, it's not really usable - did you read that part? Style has said it, kris too, as have I.

I hope you can see the relevance my questions have. I asked if it was a magic feat, because if he used magic to defeat BD, that's a good feat, and we can use it to strengthen one's argument that he can beat Dr Strange.

If it was a skill feat, you can use it to strengthen your argument that he beats, Wolverine, say (as an example).

If it was a strength feat, you can use it to strengthen one's argument that he can beat Abomination in h2h, for example.

But if you cannot say whether it was a strength/skill/magic etc feat? Then what good is him beating BD, when even the writer/artist cannot say how he did it lol.

You are writing the same thing over and over. I've already responded to that. Now I'll ask you again, did you read where a poster said that BP was simply the flavor of the month or not because you totally ignored my question. Conversation is two way. One person doesn't answer the other persons questions while not getting any of his answered.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:50 PM
DarkSaint85

You are writing the same thing over and over. I've already responded to that. Now I'll ask you again, did you read where a poster said that BP was simply the flavor of the month or not because you totally ignored my question. Conversation is two way. One person doesn't answer the other persons questions while not getting any of his answered.

You didn't respond to it though, despite my repeated posts. You simply dodged it, by saying:

quote:

But then, you also said:

He beat him and took credit in the dialogue. Are you seriously questioning whether or not BP defeated him? Funny how you are the only one here on KMC suggesting it's not a feat.

Is it a feat or not? Are you the only one on KMC suggesting its not a feat?

Old Post May 20th, 2015 02:57 PM
DarkSaint85

I shall make another post, as previously you called me into question over edits.

Yes, I saw wulee's post on him being the flavour of the month. I ignored it, for two reasons: 1, I don't think its true, and 2, wulee is not posting atm, so there's no interaction between us.

BP beating BD happened. No doubt about it.

HOW he did it, is what is being questioned, to gauge it's usefulness on KMC. That is what Style/Kris and I have said, and been saying.

Without knowing how he did it, it has very limited use in a battleboard situation.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:05 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I shall make another post, as previously you called me into question over edits.

Yes, I saw wulee's post on him being the flavour of the month. I ignored it, for two reasons: 1, I don't think its true, and 2, wulee is not posting atm, so there's no interaction between us.

BP beating BD happened. No doubt about it.

HOW he did it, is what is being questioned, to gauge it's usefulness on KMC. That is what Style/Kris and I have said, and been saying.

Without knowing how he did it, it has very limited use in a battleboard situation.

Great. You took the long way around, but you got there. Wulee's post is what I reponded to initially and that's what drew me into the post. The battle wasn't important to me. I've since said that Strange wins twice. As far as the question of what sort of "feat" BP accomplished in defeating BD, I didn't dodge a thing, I specifically told you I don't consider it a feat of any particular category. How could I when the details of the fight was off panel? I will say that I don't think it involved magic and I think people who are equating BP with magic are off base. The Doom War upgrade was for that story. He did break his long standing rule against using magic and is probably more likely to use it as a resource against magical opponents, which BD is not. It was a victory over a much higher tier opponent. The difficulty you are having is that you are still trying to relate my post to Strange fight, and I'm telling you it has no relevance nor did I ever claim it did.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on May 20th, 2015 at 03:50 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:38 PM
DarkSaint85

Great. You took the long way around, but you got there. Wulee's post is what I reponded to initially and that's what drew me into the post. The battle wasn't important to me. I've since said that Strange wins twice. As far as the question of what sort of "feat" BP accomplished in defeating BD, I didn't dodge a thing, I specifically told you I don't consider it a feat of any particular category. How could I when the details of the fight was off panel? It was a victory over a much higher tier opponent. The difficulty you are having is that you are still trying to relate my post to Strange fight, and I'm telling you it has no relevance nor did I ever claim it did.

That's the problem - it has no relevance to ANY battleboard fight. Which is what I, kris and Style have been saying since Page 2.

Because the details are off-panel.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:50 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the problem - it has no relevance to ANY battleboard fight. Which is what I, kris and Style have been saying since Page 2.

Because the details are off-panel.

If course it does. Defeating an higher tier opponent in physical combat is always impressive and relevant. By the way, Kris has no relevance as a poster.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 03:59 PM
DarkSaint85

If course it does. Defeating an higher tier opponent in physical combat is always impressive and relevant. By the way, Kris has no relevance as a poster.

But then we start going round in circles - how can you be sure it was purely physical combat?

Maybe he used magic, or tech, or both - in which case, it is an impressive magic/tech/prep feat.

There's a 'Human Panther without amps vs Punisher' thread here.Can I argue that BP used pure H2H skill in defeating BD, and so, he would utterly rapestomp Punisher?

Also, kris has barely any relevance as a human thumb up

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:20 PM
krisblaze

Shit I'm not even President of Norway thumb up

Thanks Estacado

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:23 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by krisblaze
Wut...

Are you trying to make fun of me because I'm poor?
poor people don't deserve the right to interact

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:23 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

But then we start going round in circles - how can you be sure it was purely physical combat?

Maybe he used magic, or tech, or both - in which case, it is an impressive magic/tech/prep feat.

There's a 'Human Panther without amps vs Punisher' thread here.Can I argue that BP used pure H2H skill in defeating BD, and so, he would utterly rapestomp Punisher?

No to magic because BP is not a magic wielder. Yes to tech because he alway uses some level of tech. We don't see him armed with anything outside of his normal kit.

Old Post May 20th, 2015 04:26 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Blue Vet and everyone gets a turn live show

(please log in to view the image)

I'm done here.
This kid has no real argument and just wants to have one.

Strange > BP. Pretty cut and dried.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 06:38 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

I did say a while back that I thought Black Panther had a 'flavour of the month' feel about him. I have followed the argument that followed, and I realise now that that was a bit of an ignorant statement. Black Panther clearly doesn't stand a chance against Strange, but 'flavour of he month'? Nah. He's been powerful for a lot longer than I gave him credit for.

He's just such a dickhead though.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 08:22 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wuleecat
I did say a while back that I thought Black Panther had a 'flavour of the month' feel about him. I have followed the argument that followed, and I realise now that that was a bit of an ignorant statement. Black Panther clearly doesn't stand a chance against Strange, but 'flavour of he month'? Nah. He's been powerful for a lot longer than I gave him credit for.

He's just such a dickhead though.

Props to you. But what makes BP a "dickhead?" I could see that description being applied to Stark, but not BP.

Old Post May 21st, 2015 12:25 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Having the cure for cancer and not sharing it with anyone?

Spying on the Avengers?

Bragging all the time about pretty much everything?

Old Post May 21st, 2015 12:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote