KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Sense8 - Netflix

Sense8 - Netflix
Started by: The Nuul

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

gonna check it out, if it's shit, both of you are getting Shireen'd.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 03:14 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'm on ep.7

this show is not doing a good job at explaining the rules of "visiting" someone.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 12:23 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'm on six.

So far it seems almost random or triggered by outside events, though the cop seemed to be able to focus and go to a specific person at few times.

They'll probably get to the point where they can will themselves to link whenever and share knowledge. Though as far as skills go, it seems like the 'receiver' doesn't actually permanently gain the knowledge, more so the 'giver' momentarily uses the other person's body to perform an action. eg Korean girl kicking ass through the African guy, cop picking lock through the drugged transgender girl.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 11th, 2015 at 01:12 AM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2015 01:00 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Just finished watching this series. I enjoyed it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 01:33 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

never lost interest, but it's no Daredevil, he'll, it's no 'Touch' (Fox series by Tim kring). I saw the potential for awesome tho; when someone is in danger and all the cluster members swap in and out to help it was pretty amazing to watch.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 01:45 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22
never lost interest, but it's no Daredevil, he'll, it's no 'Touch' (Fox series by Tim kring). I saw the potential for awesome tho; when someone is in danger and all the cluster members swap in and out to help it was pretty amazing to watch.
Yeah Daredevil was better. I also agree I loved watching the cluster in action especially in the last episode of the season.

I don't know why. You would think knowing that when someone is in danger and they can bring in fighters to handle it that the tension would drop. For some reason it heightened it for me.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 20th, 2015 12:49 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Watched the first episode, it wasn't very good.

I'm glad they tried to include a lot of different people, but you just don't really care about them. And I don't really care much about the mystery either. So there's little reason to continue watching it.

A lot of the issues seem shoe horned in as well and then only given a very stereotypical treatment.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2015 07:01 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Just watched the first episode. Why are the guys so ****ing hot?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2015 03:20 AM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I actually really enjoyed this. It definitely wasn't very "Wachowski" to me (like the trash that Jupiter Ascending was). It's very slow, but each character eventually gets a large story arc devoted to them (juggling 8 main characters is hard, but watching as a whole, I think they did a great job).

I think the show was more about the human experience than you'd be led to believe from the trailers. The acting was great, the cinematography was A++.

I only had one question that bothered me: How was Nomi able to see Jonas? They never made actual visual contact as far as I can recall.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 05:21 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Blair Wind
I actually really enjoyed this. It definitely wasn't very "Wachowski" to me (like the trash that Jupiter Ascending was). It's very slow, but each character eventually gets a large story arc devoted to them (juggling 8 main characters is hard, but watching as a whole, I think they did a great job).

I think the show was more about the human experience than you'd be led to believe from the trailers. The acting was great, the cinematography was A++.

I only had one question that bothered me: How was Nomi able to see Jonas? They never made actual visual contact as far as I can recall.

Didn't Nomi see Jonas shortly before the accident on the bike?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 05:30 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Bardock42
Didn't Nomi see Jonas shortly before the accident on the bike?

thumb up You're right, totally forgot about that.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 05:45 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Oh, btw, as an update to my earlier dislike, I have come to enjoy it more as the season progressed, I still think it has issues, but I am interested in the story further...

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2015 06:50 PM
dadudemon

I'm still watching this. I hope I get those feels that Newjak did because I'm getting the same feel as others: not very interesting but interesting enough to keep me watching.

It's just something to watch when driving to or leaving work.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2015 12:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Finally getting around to giving this show a try. Watched the first episode last night. I liked it enough to be intrigued.

I will say that it's at least refreshing that when the Wachowskis do trans, or gays/lesbians (or name your oppressed minority), etc it doesn't feel forced. The characters are actually at least somewhat well-written so as not to be cringy like Disney Wars or something.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2021 09:59 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It's a very heavily character-driven show. Which is great.

I'm not even done with Season 1 and I'm already upset that it was cancelled after only 2 seasons. sad

I'm enjoying it.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2021 10:41 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Finished Season 1 and liked.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 16th, 2021 10:04 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

I liked season 1. Can't recall if I finished season 2 or not, think it might have dipped after a couple eps.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 16th, 2021 06:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

I stopped watching when the girl took the sopping well dildo out of her girlfriend and dropped it on the floor. Idk, I just cringed and exited

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Dec 16th, 2021 10:42 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
I liked season 1. Can't recall if I finished season 2 or not, think it might have dipped after a couple eps.

I'm wondering if that had something to do with why it wasn't continued?

Anyway, I plan to give Season 2 a go.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2021 01:29 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Stringer
I stopped watching when the girl took the sopping well dildo out of her girlfriend and dropped it on the floor. Idk, I just cringed and exited

Prude. That was hot.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2021 01:30 AM