KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (53): « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Quincy
Oh I doubt Maul will be to blame for the film's financial and critical performance. If anything, Disney is just going to double down and make more and more recognizable spin offs featuring characters we already know.
I agree but I just worry since he’s my number 2. I think this should be a sign to make it an event film outside of the episodic ones with the Ot characters. I still see the GoT producers going forward which is what I really want to see since it’s orobably going to be new time periods and new characters.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by cdtm
Disney' usual MO. That's why they're the worst studio ever.
What? The MCU and Star Wars are top notch. What studios are better and why? I know you’re trolling but you need to get a life, loser.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:38 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pixar.

Owned by Disney, but better then their in house animation studio.

The MCU, a better question is what "isn't" better then it.

Star Wars hasn't been good since ESB. Disney commercialized it to hell, somehow making it worse then George did.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:49 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Pixar.

Owned by Disney, but better then their in house animation studio.

The MCU, a better question is what "isn't" better then it.

Star Wars hasn't been good since ESB. Disney commercialized it to hell, somehow making it worse then George did.
So your own bad preferences. You also said Star Wars hasn’t been good since the second film thus disqualifying it well before Disney purchased it.

You’re free to hate my MCU which is my baby. That’s fine go freeze. out in the cold. It’s the mot impressive thing ever seen in all of cinema. 19 films and still going strong.

Name better studios, loser.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:53 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by quanchi112
I agree but I just worry since he’s my number 2. I think this should be a sign to make it an event film outside of the episodic ones with the Ot characters. I still see the GoT producers going forward which is what I really want to see since it’s orobably going to be new time periods and new characters.

If I were you I'd be upset that Darth Maul is being wasted in THIS spin-off.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:55 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

You like Thanos, and dislike Superman.

It's established you have terrible taste in everything. evil face

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 01:57 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If I were you I'd be upset that Darth Maul is being wasted in THIS spin-off.
I wasn’t sure if he ever would see a film again. This gives me hope they have the balls to introduce him to the mainstream audience which isn’t familiar with clone wars or rebels. He needs to be up against a Jedi not just Han Solo and some highly skilled low lives.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 02:03 AM
quanchi112
Disney

You like Thanos, and dislike Superman.

It's established you have terrible taste in everything. evil face
Thanos is the villain of a lifetime Superman is a bland character with upper lip problems. I accept your concession.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 02:04 AM
Quincy
Debaser

I wasn’t sure if he ever would see a film again. This gives me hope they have the balls to introduce him to the mainstream audience which isn’t familiar with clone wars or rebels. He needs to be up against a Jedi not just Han Solo and some highly skilled low lives.

Yeah it just seems like a kinda dumb shoehorn I feel. Like of all the cameo's, Darth Maul? Like, put him in something that's NOT the Han Solo movie. Who wants to see Han vs a Sith?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 28th, 2018 02:05 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

He was in charge of an element of the criminal underground since he rose to power so it makes sense. It’s not like he was pitted against him.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 02:14 AM
Quincy
Debaser

Yeah that may be the case, but that's not what I find exciting about Darth Maul.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post May 28th, 2018 02:15 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Disney' usual MO. That's why they're the worst studio ever.
The MCU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DCEU

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 28th, 2018 02:15 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah that may be the case, but that's not what I find exciting about
Neither do I but I’m saying it makes sense to place him in the film.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 02:18 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh I doubt Maul will be to blame for the film's financial and critical performance. If anything, Disney is just going to double down and make more and more recognizable spin offs featuring characters we already know.

I will say if the movie leads to more appearances of Maul..the film was worth it.

I am seeing people say this did poorly due to "Star Wars fatigue".

Old Post May 28th, 2018 03:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
The MCU>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DCEU

Yeah, DC has not had much luck with movies lately. Wonder Woman was the only exception to that. Though I think Man of Steel was decent.

I would argue though that...DC movies at their best...far outstrip Marvel movies at their best. Even though large chunks of the plot make no sense, The Dark Knight is a great movie. Though obviously it's not a part of this new DC movie universe.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 03:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

No way MCU destroys dc at its best. You’re a fool. The Nolan films have shit for action and drag out far too long. His Batman is also weak af. That’s just a bonus for me to gloat over.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 03:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No way MCU destroys dc at its best. You’re a fool. The Nolan films have shit for action and drag out far too long. His Batman is also weak af. That’s just a bonus for me to gloat over.

I admit the MCU movies do have more action than the Nolan films. As for Batman being weak, yeah. The scene with the dogs is funny.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 03:39 PM
ares834

Yeah it just seems like a kinda dumb shoehorn I feel. Like of all the cameo's, Darth Maul? Like, put him in something that's NOT the Han Solo movie. Who wants to see Han vs a Sith?

thumb up

Exactly. He just doesn't fit.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 03:41 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i enjoyed tdk above all because it was written as a crime drama/thriller instead of a superhero action flick. sure it's not without its flaws and it did drag on at points.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 04:22 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

Exactly. He just doesn't fit.
He fits in entirely since this is about the criminal underworld. Know your Star Wars history, bum.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 04:45 PM