KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Goku vs Superman Death Battle-Discuss

Goku vs Superman Death Battle-Discuss
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (183): « First ... « 169 170 [171] 172 173 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Allright.

Before proceeding, I want to verify whether this standard applies only to missiles..

An easy example is Odin or Galactus. Do we say nothing less then galaxy busting harms them, based on the fact they decimated galaxies?

Or do we look at fights like In Betweener or Giffen's Thanos as proof that they operate at a far lower level on average, and can be hurt by someone who can never bust a galaxy?

You also didn't answer what Goku pushing against Beerus's energy ball signifies. Is it a universal tank? Or resisting an undetonated potential universe buster?
My phone died typing a response. I need a new cord, **** is this annoying. Anyway.

Missiles are the only ones that require a chemical reaction to reach full climax, and those and bombs are one of the few things in comics to actually require or heavily rely on collateral damage in comics. Because they are usually meant to take out large areas of space, contrary to a fight where you just need to bang punch the opponent, more often than not.

Comic writers are largely inconsistent between each other, and since I know this is going to Dragonball, the series doesn't change hands every second appearance.

But since you asked, collateral damage also relies on context. The context is Odin had a galaxy shattering fight with Seth. Who is largely a big dumb powerless beaver. So while it shows Seth could destroy a galaxy, we could infer it was largely due to scope and you'd have a hard time arguing he could beat Thanos for example. Or, it was just an outlier and is Seth's highest feat ever if we put stock in that sort of thing.

Not sure what you're getting at with In-Betweener, but he's a universal creator and was tearing apart the multiverse. Again, high feats.
Thanos' body tanked a galaxy destroying attacking while he was dying... that being said, we have a statement that says Thanos going kablooey would only destroy a moon iirc. Yet he's destroyed a planet against Drax, and that's it. Thanos' attacks are largely directed at Thanos' opponents. We will likely never get his full power destroying a solar system because that's not the type of character he is. Thanos' power lies in overpowering other people who can effect larger areas of mass or space. Doomsday, Mangog, and others along this vein follow in his tracks.

Theoretically a whatever destroying attack would only need to destroy the most durable object in the whatever spread over a large distance. But it's hard to quantify that, as the power would be greatest closest to detonation. A galaxy destroying attack would do more damage to a being if him and the blast were trapped in Carver's closet than if the galaxy destroying attack hit someone out in the open. It'd look pretty, and it'd raise questions, but if we knew for a fact that were the case, then we could say that for fact (ignoring variables).

What this means, that if comics were all written by one dude who had Odin tank galaxy destroyers in his first appearance, we could assume every attack that knocked him out had more power per area even if it failed to blow up Carver's toe that stuck out of his worn in shoe, that was in the open not 12 feet away.

But the good thing here is that the missiles never detonated full force, and therefore we have no depth of power to quantify.

The only thing you can really use to judge the power of galaxy destroyers vs others, is we assume an instaneous destruction is more powerful than a chain reaction.

I also don't remember the specifics of Goku taking Beerus's energy ball, nor do I care to look it up.
My thoughts on that debate were posted in the thread, and then promptly sidestepped over in order to argue against Gogeta. That being said, an energy attack carries all the power it needs to in its initial attack. Only when it's specifically stated to have the main damage dealer being an explosion can we assume the initial attack is miniscule in comparison. Because Dragon Ball is not a missile. There are attacks that raise questions, but that leads into assumption land.
Is an attack only powerful because it blows up, or because it's a dense killing ball of power that if spread out in an explosion packs enough power to destroy the universe?

I think that's about it.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Mar 1st, 2018 at 02:54 AM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 02:46 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Hahahahahahaha

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 1st, 2018 03:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Stop arguing this, guys. CDTM is just trolling for the helluvit. Proven when he pussied out of a bz with me about 20 pages ago.

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 10:21 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

He declined a bz on this? lmao

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 02:48 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

2 Battlezones. I asked him as well. He is a troll.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:52 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

SSJG was BZing a lot of people. Realitywarper, for one. Pretty epic temper tantrum. Demanded the losers get banned for life.

And no, I didn't accept. The way he was acting, why should I? He made Carver look reasonable, and he's the most unreasonable dumb**** on this site.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 05:18 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob
My phone died typing a response. I need a new cord, **** is this annoying. Anyway.

Missiles are the only ones that require a chemical reaction to reach full climax, and those and bombs are one of the few things in comics to actually require or heavily rely on collateral damage in comics. Because they are usually meant to take out large areas of space, contrary to a fight where you just need to bang punch the opponent, more often than not.

Comic writers are largely inconsistent between each other, and since I know this is going to Dragonball, the series doesn't change hands every second appearance.

But since you asked, collateral damage also relies on context. The context is Odin had a galaxy shattering fight with Seth. Who is largely a big dumb powerless beaver. So while it shows Seth could destroy a galaxy, we could infer it was largely due to scope and you'd have a hard time arguing he could beat Thanos for example. Or, it was just an outlier and is Seth's highest feat ever if we put stock in that sort of thing.

Not sure what you're getting at with In-Betweener, but he's a universal creator and was tearing apart the multiverse. Again, high feats.
Thanos' body tanked a galaxy destroying attacking while he was dying... that being said, we have a statement that says Thanos going kablooey would only destroy a moon iirc. Yet he's destroyed a planet against Drax, and that's it. Thanos' attacks are largely directed at Thanos' opponents. We will likely never get his full power destroying a solar system because that's not the type of character he is. Thanos' power lies in overpowering other people who can effect larger areas of mass or space. Doomsday, Mangog, and others along this vein follow in his tracks.

Theoretically a whatever destroying attack would only need to destroy the most durable object in the whatever spread over a large distance. But it's hard to quantify that, as the power would be greatest closest to detonation. A galaxy destroying attack would do more damage to a being if him and the blast were trapped in Carver's closet than if the galaxy destroying attack hit someone out in the open. It'd look pretty, and it'd raise questions, but if we knew for a fact that were the case, then we could say that for fact (ignoring variables).

What this means, that if comics were all written by one dude who had Odin tank galaxy destroyers in his first appearance, we could assume every attack that knocked him out had more power per area even if it failed to blow up Carver's toe that stuck out of his worn in shoe, that was in the open not 12 feet away.

But the good thing here is that the missiles never detonated full force, and therefore we have no depth of power to quantify.

The only thing you can really use to judge the power of galaxy destroyers vs others, is we assume an instaneous destruction is more powerful than a chain reaction.

I also don't remember the specifics of Goku taking Beerus's energy ball, nor do I care to look it up.
My thoughts on that debate were posted in the thread, and then promptly sidestepped over in order to argue against Gogeta. That being said, an energy attack carries all the power it needs to in its initial attack. Only when it's specifically stated to have the main damage dealer being an explosion can we assume the initial attack is miniscule in comparison. Because Dragon Ball is not a missile. There are attacks that raise questions, but that leads into assumption land.
Is an attack only powerful because it blows up, or because it's a dense killing ball of power that if spread out in an explosion packs enough power to destroy the universe?

I think that's about it.

Holy crap, you did all this on a phone?? eek!

But I hear you on discharging. Very annoying. mad

So, on a few skims, it sums up to missiles and bombs are simply different cases, because of how they function, and energy attacks aren't really comparable. And that there's a good reason not to take collateral damage at face value.

Say, like Vegeta's suicide attack on Buu seeming to only have an area of energy comparable to a nuke, even though we know he's certainly capable of busting planets, and is supposed to be putting every last bit of energy behind this attack.

I'm way too tired to try picking at this, and tbh I'm not sure I want to.. It's a pretty good argument, imo.

But I have to tip my hat at the effort you put into it. Especially for this thread. smile

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 05:30 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

MUI Goku would prolly 1 shot Superman...

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 07:30 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Estacado

Anothet sock Carver? laughing out loud

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 12:38 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Powering-up will one-shot Superman.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:10 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Probably? Lol... Superman would die instantly... even before UI.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:21 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because he's never survived galaxy busting+? Which is all UI Goku showed at most, judging by the mini Galaxy he created.. assuming it was an actual Galaxy, and not a galaxy looking construct of energy in miniature.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:41 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

There. That's the released energies of the Source Wall that Superman took unprotected. As Metron claims here, who was shielded by Infinity Man.

That's a MULTIVERSAL cosmic power. A fantastic durability feat.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 4th, 2018 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:43 PM
carver9

Do you see that glass material that is cracking around Superman? That was a shield covered around his entire body. The force was enough to crack the shield but we don't even know if Superman felt any of that. Unusable th3.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:38 PM
carver9

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:44 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can clearly say now Superman is outclassed by MUI, it doesnt matter which version.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:49 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

@Estacado

Another great avi/sig set thumb up

@carver9

Nice catch. Superman is lame as always.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:50 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12
Can clearly say now Superman is outclassed by MUI, it doesnt matter which version.

Superman is outclassed by Goku at the 23 rnd BudokaĻ tournament and he doesn't have to put much effort in it.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:53 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yea but death battle gave it to Superman twice, now I dont give a fck what they say after MUI.

They will have to do another one and give it to goku, this is a level beyond the gods now.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:59 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blindside12
Yea but death battle gave it to Superman twice, now I dont give a fck what they say after MUI.

They will have to do another one and give it to goku, this is a level beyond the gods now.

Screwattack's opinion is irrelevant.

They will give the same opinion because their analysis is complete bullshit

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 05:32 PM