KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vrook Lamar vs Qui-Gon Jinn

Vrook Lamar vs Qui-Gon Jinn
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So you're saying that, no matter how good the argument, Qui Gon Jinn can't be inferior to Vrook?

Hmm, no not entirely. I'm sensible and open to all debates.

But bias isn't something that really matters to me, it's more less the over-rating of Vrook and the addition of his non-canonical feats that bother me.

Have I used said feats in the past? Yes with Jaden and Alora... when I was relatively new to debating, not anymore.

You can be biased to an era, or have a favorite character among them, and still be able to make a valid point for them.

But Vrook has nothing canonical to showcase in this regard. Add to this Nova's intent to regard Vrook as a master of several forms when his form is very much dependent on game mechanics and we go back to the same debate he and I had on Shaak vs Meetra.

Originally posted by SunRazer
1. The facts are the feats, which I've given you. The thing is, you keep trying to worm your way out of the facts with excuses, and it's getting frustrating.

2. Your indelible stance on certain characters means it'll be virtually impossible to persuade you that they'd lose a fight to another being of their class that you have less preference for, so I believe I'm wasting my time here.

3. I have Qui-Gon's main feats in my RT, lol. Also, I didn't give you rights to my RT itself, I just gave you permission to use my content and make your own.

4. You lacked an argument on Force Forms, so that's a concession, and it's accepted.

1 - Okay fine, I'm stuck in traffic. Here are the facts.

Vrook has shown no difference in power in the LS path or DS path.

Yes he has, he's dueled the Jedi Exile who by now has bested Zez, stalemated Sion and learned Drain. He's able to TK a party of three which he's never done in canon at all.

And lets take a moment here. Let's pretend I accept this feat.

It still doesn't change that the Exile had just fought several mercs and kinrath prior to this. So Vrook fought someone who had just come out of combat.

Vrook paralyzed the Exile!!?

Yeah... in the LS path... where she offered no resistance.. at all.

Also DS path? He died.

He helped rebuild the Enclave?

Coolio, he had help from others, perhaps they banded together to assist one another, perhaps they needed concentration, perhaps they struggled.

Impressive feat, no context to it.

He's mastered various force forms?

Show me, exactly where it say he mastered them.

Show me how that's relevant to a fight with QGJ's saber mastery?

Vrooks shown himself to be a bullrusher fighter by fighting Mercs and rushing to assist the Exile, he does this here and force combat won't even matter.

Ah but that seems like I'm just glancing at it, his force forms aren't really anything special, one will drain his power quickly and leave him exhausted, the other is too conservative and will only assist him in rejuvenating his force reserves...while under the onslaught of QGJ. And this is all assuming he even knows them.

My stance isn't permanent, I think quite a number of characters could best Qui-Gon, not Vrook. Just because I don't think YOUR character could beat QGJ doesn't mean I don't think others can, that is your assumption, not fact.

I don't hate Vrook, I dislike your insipid use of N-canon feats or vague feats, and how you pass them along as "facts" when it's not at all the case. KoTOR 2 is among my favorite games, I've talked with Sinious about it several times, even on occasion i(used to) speak with Sas and Skillz about it. Your assumption of me isn't fact.

I've nothing against you, your stance on DS canon and LS canon paths conflicts with how things on the true path were done. That's it.

Also, no thanks, I always go through all sources myself.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:11 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

So, we're just gonna ignore a bunch of stuff.

Qui-Gon being trained by Dooku, holding off Maul.

I don't think you appreciate how impressive that is when compared to someone like Vrook Lamar.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:25 PM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Nice post, Xtasy; though I have an even better one. This face:

(please log in to view the image)

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:42 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'll make my response later.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 11:49 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

1 - Okay fine, I'm stuck in traffic. Here are the facts.

Vrook has shown no difference in power in the LS path or DS path.

Yes he has, he's dueled the Jedi Exile who by now has bested Zez, stalemated Sion and learned Drain. He's able to TK a party of three which he's never done in canon at all.

See, a character having few feats and the getting more doesn't constitute a power disparity. I was asking you to give me reasons as to why his DS incarnation would suddenly be more powerful. Otherwise, it's the same Vrook, under different circumstances and events. There's absolutely no reason why the creators would have the Jedi Masters get stronger in the DS version.

Also, the Exile doesn't necessarily have to have fought Zez or Sion first before fighting Vrook.

quote:
And lets take a moment here. Let's pretend I accept this feat.

It still doesn't change that the Exile had just fought several mercs and kinrath prior to this. So Vrook fought someone who had just come out of combat.

With fellow party members, and fighting Mercs is supposed to tire you? Just because you left combat earlier doesn't mean you're tired/strained/going to perform worse, especially given that the Exile is clearly a being of high stamina and may have already learnt Force Affinity before this.

quote:
Vrook paralyzed the Exile!!?

Yeah... in the LS path... where she offered no resistance.. at all.

LS path doesn't mean you have to select "I submit to this punishment". You can select the non-DS option of resistance, which is "I won't give up the Force - stop this". Even if you choose to resist, you get placed in Stasis. I believe the same occurs if you select "The first one who touches me dies".

quote:
Also DS path? He died.

We all know DS paths constitute story differences for almost every character. Power differences, however? Not for every character at all, usually just the protagonist and certain party members.

quote:
He helped rebuild the Enclave?

Coolio, he had help from others, perhaps they banded together to assist one another, perhaps they needed concentration, perhaps they struggled. Impressive feat, no context to it.

Even assuming it's a struggle, it's a feat beyond Qui-Gon. Do we have reason to believe that three Qui-Gon's are powerful enough to telekinetically reconstruct the Jedi Enclave? And that's assuming Zez and Kavar are Vrook's equals in the Force/TK, which they aren't based on portrayal alone.

quote:
He's mastered various force forms?

Show me, exactly where it say he mastered them.

Maybe "mastered" is a strong word, but he was fluent in their use, which is something he can use against Qui-Gon in a Force-related battle. He was at least skilled enough to teach Surik how to use them and then comment on her sloppy technique.

quote:
Show me how that's relevant to a fight with QGJ's saber mastery?

I said in a Force fight. Regarding lightsaber combat, aside from multi-Form Mastery, Vrook's a confirmed superior to Kavar, who was one of the Order's most famed Jedi Warriors and experienced war fighters in an era said to be the Jedi Order's "summit". It may not be accurate, but it does at least suggest that the average Jedi of the time are rather skilled, and Kavar was among their best. Vrook being his superior means he can at least hold his own against Qui-Gon in sabers only.

quote:
Vrooks shown himself to be a bullrusher fighter by fighting Mercs and rushing to assist the Exile, he does this here and force combat won't even matter.

We don't even see his fights on-panel, so we have no idea whether or not he integrates Force powers into combat.

quote:
Ah but that seems like I'm just glancing at it, his force forms aren't really anything special, one will drain his power quickly and leave him exhausted, the other is too conservative and will only assist him in rejuvenating his force reserves...while under the onslaught of QGJ.

Affinity will let him regenerate his Force reserves more efficiently, and under the demands of Ataru, Qui-Gon would tire more quickly. Whether Vrook would last long enough to take advantage of this is up for discussion.

As for Potency, in a Force-related contest, that's a viable option. Vrook already has the better Force feats, so Potency could just make it a more conclusive victory on his part.

Ironic that you should use the term "onslaught", because that's exactly how the Prima Guide describes Vrook's lightsaber attacks.

quote:
And this is all assuming he even knows them.

Which he does.

quote:
I've nothing against you, your stance on DS canon and LS canon paths conflicts with how things on the true path were done. That's it.

Well, these debates always revolve around our take on game-related canon. I just don't see a reason as to why his DS incarnation would be written to be any more powerful than his LS counterpart. It's really just the same Vrook doing different things as a result of the different story.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 12:47 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Even the likes of "I" am surprised by SunRazor's argumentation in favor of Vrook Lamar.

@SunRazor

Now that you are closer then ever at experiencing the Dark Side, join the TOR camp and help it in spreading its glory and reach across the galaxy.

Before you join, you will have to swore an oath to never ever debate in favor of a PT/OT/Legacy era character until "I" give you permission to.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 04:18 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

LMFAO

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 04:22 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

BONUS ROUND: H2H, BOTH ARE SHIRTLESS AND SWEATY!

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Decent arguments.

Looks like Vrook might have a shot at all-out

Qui gon wins sabers though

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 05:40 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Even the likes of "I" am surprised by SunRazor's argumentation in favor of Vrook Lamar.

@SunRazor

Now that you are closer then ever at experiencing the Dark Side, join the TOR camp and help it in spreading its glory and reach across the galaxy.

Before you join, you will have to swore an oath to never ever debate in favor of a PT/OT/Legacy era character until "I" give you permission to.

Surprised in a positive or negative way, lol?

As for your offer, I must decline to maintain my all-era wankage.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 07:41 AM
Fated Xtasy
Kami

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

@SunRazor

LMFAO.

Also, interesting response. I'll get to it once I'm done with work for the day.

Eh... DF Jedi Knight may take priority, pretty interesting book.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 12:22 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Surprised in a positive or negative way, lol?

Positive! Most positive.

As for your offer, I must decline to maintain my all-era wankage.

According to my Intel, you fit the description of the (most wanted) Bounty Hunter then. mad

By my offer stands. cool

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 12:40 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Who lied and told you that you lead the SWTOR brigade though?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 01:59 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Legend is the Vitiate of SWTOR debating imho

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 02:03 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I kinda miss Star Wars Logic tbh

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 02:04 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by ILS
Legend is the Vitiate of SWTOR debating imho

Legend isn't even the Baras of SWTOR debating. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 02:05 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by FreshestSlice

Damn that's cold af tbh

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 02:43 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by FreshestSlice

You dare question my authority?

"You are a blind insect. Contemplating the void of space."

Now shoo before I fap you with my trustworthy fly swatter.

All hail the LeGenDary Valkorian.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 04:01 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You've gone off the deep end, tbh. Turn back and save yourself from this madness.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 04:04 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

he wants to fap you

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 04:05 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote