KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why is the theory of evolution considered a threat by certain Christians?

Why is the theory of evolution considered a threat by certain Christians?
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 14 15 [16]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Like I posted upthread:

That's a living 'missing link' clearly between the two.

If you want to just talk Hominids, there's these fossil skulls for a nice progression.

And note, that there is just *some* of the links, we have dozens. Here is a bigger- but still not exhaustive- chart with more text, and here is a different one with more. We find more links in this chain, and others, on a regular basis.

(Futurama even did a joke on this, where someone made this argument, then when one was pointed out, another was added, cut to nighttime with a chart of ancestors- *real* ones, mind you- that goes off the screen and is 20+ long)

Also like I posted upthread, there's a species known as the London Underground Mosquito. It's direct ancestor is known, but due to being isolated in the UK subway system and able to live much further north, and go through many generations year-round while it's originator species is seasonal, it can no longer interbreed with it's relative.

And it's evolved in to it's own species due to the circumstances of a human-made system that's existed for under 200 years and which greatly favored divergence (isolated population, year-round food source, short generations).

Whether you're talking fossils or examining living creatures or checking DNA, the evidence is plentiful that evolution (btw, 'macroevolution' is an arbitrary term with no scientific basis) both exists and continues to function.

I will respond at length on this later. I'm driving. I do appreciate your willingness to debate and to refrain from condescending remarks while doing so. I respect that.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 01:55 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Genesis-Soldier
dude i am christian

My response wasn't intended for you then. It was intended to all the atheists in this thread. Just because I posted right after you doesn't mean my response was intended for you. Sorry if it appeared that way.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 02:05 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Star428
And, do you really think a God would lower Himself to have offspring with the offspring of an ape?

No, I think most atheists here believe God doesn't exist so...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 02:07 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

My response wasn't intended for you then. It was intended to all the atheists in this thread. Just because I posted right after you doesn't mean my response was intended for you. Sorry if it appeared that way.
What can you prove regarding your beliefs ?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 02:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112

Why don't you come to the vs forum anymore?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 04:39 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Do you need to distract quan to protect star from embarrassing himself? Are you star's special internet bro?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 05:47 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

LOL. Hey dumb***, I have Quan on ignore. Which is where I'm stronly considering putting u cause I'm getting tired of your trolling. I said that I was putting him on ignore earlier in thread. Can you not read? Nevermind, don't answer that. You're a liberal so I think I already know the answer. LOL. No one is protecting me from anything, dude. I don't need anyone's "protection" unlike you weak liberals do. thumb up

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 06:02 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

You already said you put me on ignore, like a coward.
Originally posted by quanchi112

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 06:07 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Do you need to distract quan to protect star from embarrassing himself? Are you star's special internet bro?

Why so hateful? I thought gay men were happy all the time.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 07:23 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 08:02 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

laughing out loud

Still won't answer the question? Very cowardly indeed. Dont worry, your special bro-friend will protect you with his sharp wit.
Originally posted by long pig
Why so hateful? I thought gay men were happy all the time.

Woah clever thumb up

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Oct 7th, 2015 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 09:00 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Have to wonder if Star handles people with different views and questions he can't answer in real life the same way he does here.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 09:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

You mean by plugging his ears with his fingers and running off while weeping and screaming for someone to call the police? Probably.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2015 09:24 PM