KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Jessica Jones

Jessica Jones
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

Spot on I say

https://imgur.com/a/1g5yCly

(please log in to view the image)

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 20th, 2018 04:34 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shows been Canceled

Old Post Feb 18th, 2019 09:44 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Season 3's still coming though, just let us know ahead of time that it would be cancelled afterward.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 02:24 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Eh, we all knew this was coming though. Was only a matter of time before they axed the last two after what happened to IF, LC and DD.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 04:26 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

At least we get 1 more season and hulu has expressed some interest in these cancelled marvel shows.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2019 11:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Considering how hit and miss Runaways has been, that doesn't exactly fill me with hope. Not to mention, if it is with the aim of integrating the characters more into the wider MCU, then Hulu is a bad choice. The only overt reference to the wider MCU I can recall throughout that entire show was brief mention of the "mountains of Wakanda" by Alex in s2. There might be others, but that is literally the only one I can remember.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2019 03:37 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

So I guess season 3 comes out like tomorrow soon, from what I heard from someone. Had come across no marketing for it whatsoever, so I would've had no idea it was still happening otherwise.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 05:57 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

lol poor Jessica Jones. Everyone's already forgotten about it. I had no idea it was coming out now, as I haven't seen any marketing for it either. Not even a single TV spot, teaser, trailer or bit of news got recommended to me while on Youtube or other similar sites.

The Marvel Netflix era really is ending on a whimper, it seems.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 10:37 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Yeah, literally stumbled across the fact that season 3 is out largely by accident. Looking forward to most of the cast phoning it in for the final season.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 12:24 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I honestly wouldn't blame them if they did phone it in. The show was put in an extremely shitty position with the timing of everything.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 12:53 PM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Oh yeah, they wouldn't get any major criticism from me either.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 01:01 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The trailer made it clear its the final season, so thats something. As in its been written, planned and marketed as the finale.

Given every show has a final season, and many shows get cancelled without knowing it was the final season, and some shows not even getting to 3 seasons, I dont think they should be phoning it in.

Rather they should give it their best for this show to be grouped with the likes of Daredevil and Punisher in terms of Marvel Netflix best shows.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 02:56 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

There’s a scene in Episode 2 [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Where Trish wears the yellow suit, mask, and black sash reminiscent of 616 Hellcat, and goes “Hell No”

😂😂
These shows hate their costumes

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 03:58 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Just watched the first episode. Wasn't too bad, actually. Seems more upbeat than last season, at least so far. Instead of just throwing herself a constant drunken pity party, Jessica is actually trying to be more heroic and live up to a higher standard, which is already a huge improvement for me, personally, from last season's characterisation. Yeah, she can still be a rude jerk, but that's always been part of her character. But she doesn't have to constantly hate everything, so I am hoping they keep this direction.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 04:06 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Okay. So, watching episode two and the problem is that they are trying to basically catch you up on what Trish has been up to between seasons, among other things, but she was such a horrendously unlikable piece of garbage in S2 that I find myself just not really caring about her adventures at all and wanting the story to shift back to other characters.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 06:05 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I love her arc

She’s trying to make up for what she did, if anything Jessica’s Woe is me angsty bs makes her vastly more unlikable

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 06:26 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Okay. So, watching episode two and the problem is that they are trying to basically catch you up on what Trish has been up to between seasons, among other things, but she was such a horrendously unlikable piece of garbage in S2 that I find myself just not really caring about her adventures at all and wanting the story to shift back to other characters.

Yeah, I hear ya there. Am trying to like her again, but is really hard to when you remember season 2, but this season seems okay so far from the first couple episodes. Will see more when I have the time.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 06:31 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Eh, I will wait and see, but she has a lot to answer for. Beyond killing Jessica's mom, she used her relationships with various people and manipulated them, lied to them, engaged in assault, kidnapping, and kicked off a chain of events that got multiple people, including an innocent person, killed, just to get herself super powers. And she basically gets rewarded for her efforts at the end of S2, and faces no real repercussions other than Jessica not talking to her. So, yeah, as things stand, finding it hard to empathize with her.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 06:46 PM
Flyattractor

So is Jessica going to be the LAST Marvel Netflix show to get the Ax?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 07:20 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah it’s the last one

Old Post Jun 14th, 2019 07:48 PM