KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » High-Herald Title Fight: leonidas vs "Id"

High-Herald Title Fight: leonidas vs "Id"
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

God dammit, I just finished my Law paper and was in the middle of finishing this post. Sorry Galan.

Here goes anyways:

Smurph's (late) judgement:

Leo wins my vote.

I went back and forth over this repeatedly, and ultimately I think that this match came down to a dice roll with initial battle plans that favour Leo, which is almost silly given that there was zero prep time, and Plutonian is insanely faster. Still, Id's opening gambit relied on a move that, in its only appearance, took significant seconds to pull off. And while I think it's probably true that inertial negation would take much less time to apply to Nate Grey, it's not like we've seen Plutonian apply the maneuver in battle.

So, as a judge, I can't put faith in Id's conclusion here:

quote:
Yes even your thoughts would be suspended. All energy and matter exist in a state of flux

If we had seen Plutonian negate the inertia of an opponent that had precise control over their own physics (see: Nate Grey), then this would be a different story. As it is, I'm not sure to interpret the feat as a sort of Flash-style speed steal, or a localized time stop, or... comic book physics, man.

So, with all that said, I think that X-Man would successfully teleport and cloak.

Which brings me to the telepathy issue:

I think Id's defense was well argued, but based on insubstantial evidence. Basically, again, I think that while the Eleos' dialogue hints at an impressive level of mental defense, it's ultimately too nuanced to draw the conclusion that Id wants. Telepathy in comics is so versatile that I can't know, without proof, that Plutonian's mental defense isn't particular to Eleos, or particular to mind reading.

Plutonian himself demonstrated that, even against a character with intentional mental blocks, it was possible to find a loophole by accessing their hypothalamus. Nate Grey is the poster child for versatile telepathic attacks, and Plutonian being immune to mind reading doesn't defend him against having his senses shut off, or being forced to relive memories psychosomatically.

This was nearly a coin toss. Id would have won my vote with a little more emphasis on Plutonian's edges that were harder for Leo to cast doubt on: a basic speedblitz at the beginning of the battle may have led to an easy victory.

EDIT: Eleos, not Elios.

Last edited by Smurph on Dec 7th, 2015 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 04:55 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thanks for the response, Smurph. thumb up

The final tally:
leonidas=2 votes.
"Id"=3 votes.

Winner="Id"

And thanks again to all who participated.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 05:04 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thanks gents. figured it to be an uphill battle but i like nate, so what can i say. good job id. tony is a beast, no doubt.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 12:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Good job guys, both of you and grats Id and thanks for the bribe :]

Oh and thanks Galan for hosting.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 01:40 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Thanks Guys and Thank you Leo.

An oversight that many members are not aware of, are Plutonian's mental defences.

And despite the fact, Leo still made it a close fight.

Yo Adrian, I did it!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 05:13 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"
Thanks Guys and Thank you Leo.

An oversight that many members are not aware of, are Plutonian's mental defences.

And despite the fact, Leo still made it a close fight.

Yo Adrian, I did it!

And now I present to you KMC's High Herald world championship belt. Congrats champ.

Have your Sig guy make an image of it.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 07:00 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Facee
And now I present to you KMC's High Herald world championship belt. Congrats champ.

Have your Sig guy make an image of it.

You have NO authority here you ugly animal!!!

OUT!!!!!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 08:37 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You have NO authority here you ugly animal!!!

OUT!!!!!

Idiot.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t563991.html

Old Post Dec 7th, 2015 10:13 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote