KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Vader vs Darth Plagueis

Darth Vader vs Darth Plagueis
Started by: Trocity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
That isn't canon. In the film he stated his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Weak.

In the film he is lying through his teeth and said he taught his apprentice everything he knew...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 04:56 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

We're in a Legends forum, Quan.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 04:57 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834
In the film he is lying through his teeth and said he taught his apprentice everything he knew...
You would have to prove it. Just because Sidious lies that doesn't mean he lies about everything.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 05:04 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
We're in a Legends forum, Quan.
I argue canon only.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 05:04 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

I argue canon only.

Then why jump into a legends conversation? wink

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 05:06 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Then why jump into a legends conversation? wink
Because I choose to.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 05:11 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Sounds... Quanish. thumb up

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 05:12 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Sounds... Quanish. thumb up
You have let me down and I release you from the challenge. I will find someone with the passion to argue it someday. Your heart isn't in it.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 05:15 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by McP
Masters of paper's feats. At this moment, I feel that Vader is really overhyped. After all, ESB Luke was able to hit his armor. ROTJ Luke bested him. ANH Kenobi was comfortably able to hold his own. Kanan and Ezra combined were able to Force push him (doesn't matter if he was discracted, he shouldn't be). In the Legends Dark Woman who past her prime, and few other mid-level Jedi were a match for him.

No way that he's going to beat someone of Plagueis' caliber.

Come on Dude, a lot has changed. Vader under Disney Canon is a Force Beast. He never used TK against ROTJ Luke or ANH Ben, so nothing's been contradicted. And it's not like Kenobi or Luke Skywalker are weak either. But all these new comic book showings for Vader are Canon.

It was different in Legends, and very different in Lucas's own continuity. But under Disney's new continuity Vader is something else.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:11 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Do guys normally greater than the other wait till they are sleeping to kill them. Nah.

TPM Sidious. Now we are up against ROTS Sidious. He got a big boost in power. Learn your Star Wars Quan.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:29 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

You have let me down and I release you from the challenge. I will find someone with the passion to argue it someday. Your heart isn't in it.

Quan I'm going to end this khan debate here. Khan can't handle Vader or Sidious. You take Canon only, I believe those new comic books we have seen are canon now. We see Vader tear down ships, we explicitly see him move in blurs to deflect blaster bolts. Now imagine that and put a being of much greater power palpatine. Imagine what he could do just based off that. Now it's your choice on if you wanna use ROTJ Sidious or ROTS Sidious. I don't care which. Hell you could even use TPM Sidious because it all comes down to same thing. Either Sidious will blitz Khan, ragdoll him, or fry his ass with lightning. I'm going to be nice and let you decide how Khan dies since you love him so much.

Don't bring up any old argument you use like, Sidious didn't kill Luke with lightning after exposure to it for long periods of time, he was trotting hi. For the majority of the time, or he was killed by a one handed cyborg, while being distracted torturing his biggest adversary. Another one you would bring up is Vader is slow. Look at those scans where we see Vader on the panel moving in blurs easily. Now all of this is just canon, you said canon only, never said just movies TCW and Rebels. Let go to rebels, don't use the "oh Ezra and Kanan force pushed Vader so Khan can easily shoot him with his gun" argument, because Khan doesn't have the force and Khan wouldn't even make it that far. Did you see what Vader did? He lifted an AT-AT with ease.

Vader has the force, Khan doesn't. All he has is his gun which based on feats Vader or Sidious can easily take away. Sidious is more powerful than Vader no has a wider array of powers that real extreme magnitudes. Khan shall die a slow and painful death by both. You lose. You always lose.

Last edited by EmperorSidious2 on Nov 25th, 2015 at 11:51 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:41 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Plagueis beats any version of Vader.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 11:48 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sure Plagueis did heal fully from the Maladian attack, a d was also healing himself against Sidious' lightning despite being drunk as **** and ambushed. Some world record horseshit being spewed in this thread lmao.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 01:43 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Come on Dude, a lot has changed. Vader under Disney Canon is a Force Beast. He never used TK against ROTJ Luke or ANH Ben, so nothing's been contradicted. And it's not like Kenobi or Luke Skywalker are weak either. But all these new comic book showings for Vader are Canon.

It was different in Legends, and very different in Lucas's own continuity. But under Disney's new continuity Vader is something else.
Legends Vader really isn't that different from Canon Vader, more impressive feats yes but nothing Legends Vader couldn't feasibly accomplish.

He's certainly done nothing to suggest he's a more powerful or even comparable in any aspect of the Force to Plagueis.

People are getting overexcited concerning feats that aren't even Starkiller level.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 02:40 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by ILS
Pretty sure Plagueis did heal fully from the Maladian attack

Then why did he need a Transpirator mask, after the attack, then? KEK. The rest of your post is irrelevant because no one said Plagueis couldn't heal himself. Just not to the extent that he could recover from having more than half of his body chopped.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Nov 25th, 2015 at 03:39 PM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 03:36 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

His skill in Midichlorian manip peaked after the transpirator mask, at which point I believe he either took it off or didn't need it. Kek.
If Maul can survive bisection Plagueis sure as shit can. Not that Vader would be capable of inflicting that kind of injury.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 04:10 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
Plagueis > Vader is the correct answer if your approach isn't hurdur lift all the things

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I sense much butthurt.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 04:51 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Lots of Vader hate, Neph.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 04:51 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Quote for him not needing the transpirator mask, please. Also, red-herring; no one ever said Plagueis can't survive extreme damage - only that he couldn't heal himself to the degree Redpill was.

Also, nah. Vader is just going to remove his head.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2015 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote