KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vader and Arkann run a gauntlet

Vader and Arkann run a gauntlet
Started by: Tondemonai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syndicate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
At neutral starting distance? And it has never seemed to stop them, or Dooku, or well anyone really. They won't be ripping out the foundation or anything, but to act like they can't TK Kenobi out of the fight or out fight Ventress is pretty lulzy.

As we've seen Force users can combine their powers to make a force barrier. Team 2 would likely do so if Team 1 attempted to use the force against them right off the bat. Team 2 is strong enough to hold off an attack from Team 1 imo.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Personally I think the Hero's best Force feats are defensive in that she was able to defend against and overcome the force attacks of Vitiate in the Dark Temple while partially spent, when even after she defeats him and practically cuts him in half + he's utterly exhausted, he's still potent enough to rip the temple apart. And in that she resists Sel Makor's direct corrupting power in the heart of his domain, with Sel Makor being an immensely powerful darkside entity. Also the various statements that she's powerful enough to tank Vitiate's telepathy.

Or how she can mentally dominate Tol Braga, when he had incredibly powerful willpower and TP resistance, having broken the Emperor's domination by himself, something no-one else in history was able to do.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 27th, 2015 at 08:26 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:21 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Why does Neph ignore the fact that TK attacks are not always the same power when comparing the tanking of Vitiate's TK to the Dark Temple feat, kek?

Also, when did she mentally dominate Tol Bragga? That sounds like a non-canon option.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:32 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm sure Vitiate put way more power into collapsing the temple then he did in actual combat with his most hated enemy. The fact that he tries to kill the Hero by indirectly collapsing the temple as opposed to directly attacking her with TK proves she can tank and spank him.

Actually, the darkside choice with Tol Braga is canon. In the Imperial Agent storyline he's mentioned as being killed, which is something only executing him or sending him off to kill as many Sith as he can will lead to. AKA the darkside options.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:41 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
Actually, the darkside choice with Tol Braga is canon. In the Imperial Agent storyline he's mentioned as being killed, which is something only executing him or sending him off to kill as many Sith as he can will lead to. AKA the darkside options.

ROFL. Or, following his redemption, he got into a confrontation with a Sith and... i dunno. died? roll eyes (sarcastic)

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:45 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Syndicate
As we've seen Force users can combine their powers to make a force barrier. Team 2 would likely do so if Team 1 attempted to use the force against them right off the bat.

Why exactly would Team 1 do that when they've never done it before. Anakin and Kenobi definitely didn't try to combine their powers when Dooku casually tried to TK both of them, they tried to individually block it. Either way, the point would be to focus solely on the weak links, not try to TK everyone at once.

quote:
Team 2 is strong enough to hold off an attack from Team 1 imo.

Not even remotely. Arcann's shooting blasts that tear through the shields of the most powerful Force Users in TOR and tanking Lightning that kills hundreds as an after thought, while Vader is nearly unrivaled in the mythos with his TK. Team 2 isn't even close, even when working together.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:46 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yeah, I'm sure Vitiate put way more power into collapsing the temple then he did in actual combat with his most hated enemy. The fact that he tries to kill the Hero by indirectly collapsing the temple as opposed to directly attacking her with TK proves she can tank and spank him.

Given the TK attack against the Hero was done as a casual push while the Dark Temple collapsing was this big deal and took a lot longer, nah.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:46 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
ROFL. Or, following his redemption, he got into a confrontation with a Sith and... i dunno. died? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Speculation. Two options lead to his death, which is stated to have occurred. The other doesn't. It's illogical to posit something with no evidence when the alternatives already match. Besides, I'm pretty sure the game directly states he's on his way to Tython a few times. Also the HoT killed all the Sith between him and escape and captured his ship iirc.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:51 PM
Syndicate

Why exactly would Team 1 do that when they've never done it before. Anakin and Kenobi definitely didn't try to combine their powers when Dooku casually tried to TK both of them, they tried to individually block it. Either way, the point would be to focus solely on the weak links, not try to TK everyone at once.

Not even remotely. Arcann's shooting blasts that tear through the shields of the most powerful Force Users in TOR and tanking Lightning that kills hundreds as an after thought, while Vader is nearly unrivaled in the mythos with his TK. Team 2 isn't even close, even when working together.

Maul had never demonstrated doing so before he did it with Talzin. I don't see why it would be any different here.

From what I read of his respect thread Arcann broke through the force shields of the HoT who's best feats were collapsing sections of rubble in 4 different places. It's a fine feat but nothing that suggests top tier power. His force shields are powerful then. That doesn't mean his force attacks are. I disagree.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:54 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Or you, know, the Star Cabal killed him, because again, it's the Star Cabal. It's pretty illogical to think killing Tol Braga would be the one option the HoT went Dark Side on before facing Vitiate. It's canonical that Tol Braga dies regardless, not that he had to be killed by the HoT.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:54 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Given the TK attack against the Hero was done as a casual push while the Dark Temple collapsing was this big deal and took a lot longer, nah.

Uh, casual? He does a decent wind-up. If he could overwhelm the Hero with TK he'd do so. Plus he was in better shape for that push, he wasn't bisected and defeated. Again, if he could pwn the Hero with TK, he'd snap her neck instead of collapse the temple.

it took longer cuz it takes longer to collapse a temple than push someone duh

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:55 PM
Syndicate

If you truly disagree that Team 2 could form a collective force barrier though I will allow for it ( even if I disagree ) and counter your argument in another way.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:57 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Maul had never done it before he did so with Talzin. I don't see why it would be any different here.

Except he didn't. If I recall correctly, he let her tap off his power using their bond, which already changes the entire dynamic that working together would have.
quote:

From what I read of his respect thread Arcann broke through the force shields of the HoT who has collapsed sections of rubble in 4 different places. It's a fine feat but nothing that suggests top tier power. His force shields are powerful then. That doesn't mean his force attacks are. I disagree.

No, soloing an army of the Imperial Guard and then facing Vitiate on one of the most powerful Dark Side nexus in the galaxy, and being confirmed exhausted does. The HoT's power is shown in the opponents he defeats, same with the other TOR protagonists. Some of which, such as Sel-Makor, are not lacking in power showings and accolades.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 08:59 PM
Syndicate

Except he didn't. If I recall correctly, he let her tap off his power using their bond, which already changes the entire dynamic that working together would have.

No, soloing an army of the Imperial Guard and then facing Vitiate on one of the most powerful Dark Side nexus in the galaxy, and being confirmed exhausted does. The HoT's power is shown in the opponents he defeats, same with the other TOR protagonists. Some of which, such as Sel-Makor, are not lacking in power showings and accolades.

The bond could have allowed him to more easily lend her power but I don't think that's stated anywhere in the comic. As I already said if you insist that Team 2 would be incapable of such a feat I will counter it in another way.

Fine then what's HoT's best force feat iyo.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:01 PM
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Nah, there are hundreds upon hundreds of possible story paths that fit with that. For example, the Jedi saying he had died to protect him, or to avoid repercussions about allowing a mass murderer back into the order, etc.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:03 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Or you, know, the Star Cabal killed him, because again, it's the Star Cabal. It's pretty illogical to think killing Tol Braga would be the one option the HoT went Dark Side on before facing Vitiate. It's canonical that Tol Braga dies regardless, not that he had to be killed by the HoT.

Originally posted by Selenial
Nah, there are hundreds upon hundreds of possible story paths that fit with that. For example, the Jedi saying he had died to protect him, or to avoid repercussions about allowing a mass murderer back into the order, etc.

Like I said, blatant speculation with no evidence to support them. While there's actual choices in game that lead to the conclusion that requires no bending to fit.

The Hero is also directly stated to possess darkness by Scourge. Them being a 100% lightside all the time goody good Jedi is actually definitively non-canonical.

Also LOL at the Jedi fooling the frigging Star Cabal with a false story.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:09 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Originally posted by Nephthys Uh, casual? He does a decent wind-up. If he could overwhelm the Hero with TK he'd do so. Plus he was in better shape for that push, he wasn't bisected and defeated. Again, if he could pwn the Hero with TK, he'd snap her neck instead of collapse the temple.

it took longer cuz it takes longer to collapse a temple than push someone duh
HoT legit survived a force fight with a dude who can collapse a huge building while dying. I don't really see a way of bypassing this fact. The feat suits his accolades perfectly anyway. thumb up

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:11 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

HoT legit kicked his ass more like. thumb up

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:12 PM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Not in a force fight though, which is what I was referring to.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:13 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

The bond could have allowed him to more easily lend her power but I don't think that's stated anywhere in the comic. As I already said if you insist that Team 2 would be incapable of such a feat I will counter it in another way.

Maul specifically said that he was lending her his power, not that they made a barrier together.
quote:

Fine then what's HoT's best force feat iyo.

Besides defending against Vitiate, even if weakened, this acting like the HoT is the only FS in TOR capable of going through KotFE, and the others tanking vast amounts of power from the higher ups of the Dark Council? Helping lift the Gravestone. That being said, power is involved in all aspects of combat, not just lifting up large pieces of rubble and blowing through blast doors, which the Barsen'thor has done. Point is, no one here is lacking for showings, and many of them are superior to most of Team 1. Arcann still absolutely stomped and tore through their shields.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:15 PM