KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Vader and Arkann run a gauntlet

Vader and Arkann run a gauntlet
Started by: Tondemonai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

They were capable of lifting the Gravestone without the protag's help if he was non-Force sensitive.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Also LOL at the Jedi fooling the frigging Star Cabal with a false story.

No that's some bullshit beyond even you. The Jedi are fooling the ****ing Star Cabal, which they don't even know about. That's so ****ing lolarious my sides just flew past Saturn.
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
They were capable of lifting the Gravestone without the protag's help if he was non-Force sensitive.

Even I won't humor a non-Force Sensitive Outlander, but we're talking about best showings.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:18 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

His best showing is getting consistently butt****ed by Soa, the Dread Masters, and Revan, but manages to somehow always live through the confrontations.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:25 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

As if the Smuggler didn't solo mode those clowns.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:26 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Maul specifically said that he was lending her his power, not that they made a barrier together.

Besides defending against Vitiate, even if weakened, this acting like the HoT is the only FS in TOR capable of going through KotFE, and the others tanking vast amounts of power from the higher ups of the Dark Council? Helping lift the Gravestone. That being said, power is involved in all aspects of combat, not just lifting up large pieces of rubble and blowing through blast doors, which the Barsen'thor has done. Point is, no one here is lacking for showings, and many of them are superior to most of Team 1. Arcann still absolutely stomped and tore through their shields.

I can't make heads or tails of that second part.

His most powerful force attack ( TK or lightning preferably ) and the most powerful attack he's defended against please. Same for Arkaan thank you very much.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Arcann's best feat and best defensive feat is:

1.02 onwards.

Its legitimately amazing.

Also:

"This is the largest collection of Arcann feats and accolades. Respect the Dark Price."

Kek.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

What I'm getting from what I've currently read is that the HoT has defended against force blasts from Vitiate that were a little less powerful then a force blast that could collapse a temple meaning Arkaan would have TK MORE powerful then this. Essentially TK blasts powerful enough to collapse a temple.

Which is fine. All I want to know is if he accomplished the feat of overwhelming the HoT on a Dark Side nexus.

Edit: Thank you for that. That defensive feat is amazing meaning Arkaan will not be overwhelmed in the force by anyone on team 2.

Last edited by Syndicate on Nov 27th, 2015 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 09:48 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

So to respond to you Fresh if Vader and Arkaan go for the weakest links, Obi Wan and Ventress, DD Vos and Maul will simply attack them while they're doing so causing them to lose their concentration and engage with them. Obi Wan and Ventress will join one of their teammates and the fight will go down as I said it would on the last page.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:06 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I don't think Arcann can beat any combination of the duo without abusing his power

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:07 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by carthage
I don't think Arcann can beat any combination of the duo without abusing his power

I agree. The only duo he has a chance against is Obi Wan and Ventress and even then I don't think he'd be able to abuse his advantage as he'd be too focused on fending off their combined attack. As I said on the last page I believe Obi Wan and Ventress could hold out long enough for DD Vos and Maul to take out Vader. And that wouldn't even be their best chance.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:10 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

How comparable is HK-51 to Ventress and Obi-Wan, I wonder.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:16 PM
Syndicate

Probably not at all...

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:19 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Syndicate
So to respond to you Fresh if Vader and Arkaan go for the weakest links, Obi Wan and Ventress, DD Vos and Maul will simply attack them while they're doing so causing them to lose their concentration and engage with them. Obi Wan and Ventress will join one of their teammates and the fight will go down as I said it would on the last page.

Yeah, Dooku's constant tooling of Obi-Wan and Ventress up until RotS and DD respectively doesn't exactly suggest that it takes some form of inhuman concentration to handle either with the Force. You haven't really explained why it would take such great effort and concentration to do either. Vader is greatest duelist here and can outduel anyone here. Arcann's not exactly lacking in dueling feats either. None of the other team is remotely comparable in the Force. The idea that numbers will somehow make up for that difference doesn't sit well, especially considering neither should have problem disabling Obi-Wan and quickly taking out Ventress.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:33 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Yeah, Dooku's constant tooling of Obi-Wan and Ventress up until RotS and DD respectively doesn't exactly suggest that it takes some form of inhuman concentration to handle either with the Force. You haven't really explained why it would take such great effort and concentration to do either. Vader is greatest duelist here and can outduel anyone here. Arcann's not exactly lacking in dueling feats either. None of the other team is remotely comparable in the Force. The idea that numbers will somehow make up for that difference doesn't sit well, especially considering neither should have problem disabling Obi-Wan and quickly taking out Ventress.

Dooku needed to draw greatly on his reserves in the force to KO RotS Kenobi. Even if Obi Wan and Ventress's force defenses were broken through immediately ( doubtful ) DD VoS and Maul aren't just going to be standing around. They'll either launch a force attack of their own which will break the concentration of Team 1 or engage them with their sabers doing the same.

Maul is about as skilled as Vader and is comparably powerful. Same goes for Vos.

Obi Wan and Ventress have moderately powerful force feats and are skilled duelists in their own rights.

Being pressured by duelists that are comparably skilled and that have a 2:1 advantage leaves you little time to draw on the force. Also isn't the starting distance relatively close when unspecified?

Last edited by Syndicate on Nov 27th, 2015 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:40 PM
Tondemonai

Dooku needed to draw greatly on his reserves in the force to KO RotS Kenobi. Even if Obi Wan and Ventress's force defenses were broken through immediately ( doubtful ) DD VoS and Maul aren't just going to be standing around. They'll either launch a force attack of their own which will break the concentration of Team 1 or engage them with their sabers doing the same.

Maul is about as skilled as Vader and is comparably powerful. Same goes for Vos.

Obi Wan and Ventress have moderately powerful force feats and are skilled duelists in their own rights.

Being pressured by duelists that are comparably skilled and that have a 2:1 advantage leaves you little time to draw on the force. Also isn't the starting distance relatively close when unspecified?

Might I remind you how quickly Arkann threw up his Force Barrier against the attack shown in Neph's provided video?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Tondemonai
Might I remind you how quickly Arkann threw up his Force Barrier against the attack shown in Neph's provided video?

I think Arkaan will have to end his attack on either Ventress or Obi Wan if he's forced to quickly throw up a barrier.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 12:27 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

His aim is terrible, took him 3+ minutes to hit a dog-sized spider with a machine gun.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 12:53 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Pretty sure that clip was for comedy not versus discussion, rofl.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 01:05 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Dooku needed to draw greatly on his reserves in the force to KO RotS Kenobi.

Which he recovered from enough to fight Anakin with just as much energy in every strike. (please log in to view the image)
quote:
Even if Obi Wan and Ventress's force defenses were broken through immediately ( doubtful ) DD VoS and Maul aren't just going to be standing around. They'll either launch a force attack of their own which will break the concentration of Team 1 or engage them with their sabers doing the same.

How long is it supposed to take to use TK?
quote:

No. Not even close. For either. In either category.
quote:

And they're both outclassed in every way here.
quote:

Being pressured by duelists that are comparably skilled and that have a 2:1 advantage leaves you little time to draw on the force.

(please log in to view the image)

The last one is an example of neutral starting distance.
quote:
Also isn't the starting distance relatively close when unspecified?

It's not like they're standing face to face.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 01:34 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

No. Not even close. For either. In either category.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2015 01:46 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote