KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku, Quinlan Vos & Asajj Ventress vs. Darth Nox, Wrath II & Satele Shan

Count Dooku, Quinlan Vos & Asajj Ventress vs. Darth Nox, Wrath II & Satele Shan
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Which is why asking you a question about Bane's feats is almost as bad as asking Ant a question about Revan's.

At least that's some credit :no1:

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:27 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by Emperordmb
You can ask me... The guy who spent hours reading through the trilogy over and over again and making a 2 part RT for him.

Apologies but I dislike asking questions about characters from people who made an RT about the character. They tend to have a lot invested into the character and have trouble removing bias from their answers.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vixas

King Joker, for the context of the match-up are morals on/off and are either side given basic info on their opponents or are they to be taken as random somebodies they encounter after magically appearing on Lothal?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:29 AM
Click here to Send Vixas a Private Message Find more posts by Vixas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by Vixas
King Joker, for the context of the match-up are morals on/off and are either side given basic info on their opponents or are they to be taken as random somebodies they encounter after magically appearing on Lothal?
They're all in their normal state of mind, with no knowledge on their opponents.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:31 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Well in that case I'd say Ant and Neph are probably your best bets on here. If someone else, I'd recommend asking someone on CV

Also be aware if you're asking about Bane, there's definitely people here who have a similar investment in Bane, except in the complete opposite direction

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:31 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Well in that case I'd say Ant and Neph are probably your best bets on here. If someone else, I'd recommend asking someone on CV

Ant's not answering me... I suppose I'll hope you're objective. What is Bane's best unaided force feat. I had always fought it was collapsing a temple but I heard he accomplished this on a Dark Side nexus. Is this true? And if so what's his best unaided feat?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:33 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I'd argue the temple of the ancients feat is easily within his grasp by DOE given a vast improvement in power that I explained on a blog on CV (one of the improvements including him being more powerful than he ever was before including when he was on Lehon when he collapsed the temple) but staying true to your question, producing a one handed blast of lightning powerful enough to disintegrate four people comes to mind as one of the best lightning feats in the mythos.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:36 AM
Syndicate

I'd argue the temple of the ancients feat is easily within his grasp by DOE given a vast improvement in power that I explained on a blog on CV, but staying true to your question, producing a one handed blast of lightning powerful enough to disintegrate four people comes to mind as one of the best lightning feats in the mythos.

Disintegrate? I thought he charred them. Was this when he was riding the drexl?

Also what's his best unaided TK feat?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:37 AM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Take this to PM, brothers. smile

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:39 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Yeah I'll take it to Pm

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:40 AM
Vixas

Originally posted by |King Joker|
They're all in their normal state of mind, with no knowledge on their opponents.

Well if that's the case then my thoughts are as follows though I am not feeling up to writing anything too long, but it will still probably be slightly lengthy....

Satele immediately demands they surrender, sensing Dooku's obvious darkside alignment. As we've seen with her this of course comes with the proclamation that she is the Grandmaster of the Order (in her time). Dooku will be intrigued and go to engage Satele himself to test her. Vos will likely hesitate to fight her due to this and move to engage one of her obvious Sith allies. Likely the Wrath due to.... well... between Nox and Wrath I wholly doubt Wrath will be the one to sit back and tell Nox to get his lightning-slinging ghostbusting up there. Not to mention Ventress is the kind of person to sit back and see how things play out, as is Nox.

So to recap we have......

Dooku V.S. Satele; Wrath V.S. Vos; Ventress V.S. Nox

DvS: As we see in Episode 2 Dooku, and later on in TCW, Dooku loves showing just how much above the Jedi his new teachings have made him. To be blunt, Satele can stalemate the force-fight, and sabers would not end IMMEDIATELY for her, due to Lothal being a lot of open plains. But if she sticks around to fight Dooku she is surely dead.

WvV: I see this being an interesting and excellent duel. Wrath would LIKELY gain the upper-hand at first but I feel Vos b-lusting would even it up if not give him a slight edge, though how long he can keep this up I will admit to not being entirely sure on. I doubt he'll kill Wrath quickly so these two will be in an effective stalemate until some other facet of the battlefield changes.

AvN: This is where, in my opinion, Team 1 loses their advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s3x8ox2ToE

As we see starting from about 3:20, Dooku (Who Nox is near, if not in my opinion, slightly above as a force-user) humiliates Ventress pretty casually with his force powers. There are also two other factors to consider in this, what I feel is the most one-sided match-up here is that Ventress will have no terrain to maneuver with (Which she is admittedly excellent at) and that Nox can outright stop her from engaging in sabers. Thus in my opinion, Ventress dies before anyone else to Nox without too much effort and no amp usage.

3v2: After that, quite honestly the only decision left is whether Nox wants Satele to die to Dooku or not. If so, then he blind-sides Vos and helps Wrath defeat him. Giving Dooku the time he needs to finish Satele. If not, then he attacks the Count, scoring a blow or making him take the defensive. In which case as Satele has shown during team engagements, she can utilize BM after assisting Wrath by force-pushing Vos or interfering in some manner. In which case I completely see a BM'd Wrath and Nox taking Dooku and Vos.

Thoughts: If Ventress was someone slightly more powerful, I could see Team 1 taking 9/10 easily. But given that, in my opinion, these are the most likely match-ups, she does not stick around enough to make any real difference.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:55 AM
Click here to Send Vixas a Private Message Find more posts by Vixas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Dooku is above Satele in every regard aside from perhaps durability though she is nearly as powerful in the force.

Don't know about Wrath.

Don't know about Nox though she doesn't seem all that powerful from what was said about her in this thread.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:01 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Eh I'd give Satele the edge over Dooku in tutaminis and foresight.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:05 AM
Syndicate

Eh I'd give Satele the edge over Dooku in tutaminis and foresight.

Oh definitely. I wasn't really thinking about specialized force abilities.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:07 AM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Oh, bringing up durability kinda had me thinking about specialized things. Generally, I consider the four non-specialized categories skills, force abilities, physical abilities, and willpower, so bringing up durability, which I consider a specialized physical capability, had me thinking in terms of specialized categories too, but that's just how I personally categorize things.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:12 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

NGL DMB made a solid post on why DOE Bane could bring down the temple without a nexus.

Though note the twenty meter temple, not the planet-size one we saw in SWTOR.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vixas

Originally posted by Syndicate
Oh definitely. I wasn't really thinking about specialized force abilities.

In her prime I would put them close in TK as well. Essentially nullifying Dooku's main avenues of attack with the force: lightning and TK. The open space of Lothal would lend to her Ataru style but Dooku trained Qui-Gon so she will die quickly after engaging in sabers. But not before Ventress dies to Nox.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:16 AM
Syndicate

Oh, bringing up durability kinda had me thinking about specialized things. Generally, I consider the four non-specialized categories skills, force abilities, physical abilities, and willpower, so bringing up durability, which I consider a specialized physical capability, had me thinking in terms of specialized categories too, but that's just how I personally categorize things.

I ussually focus on physical feats, power feats and skill feats with strength, speed, endurance and durability falling under the umbrella term of physical feats.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:27 AM
Syndicate

Originally posted by Vixas
In her prime I would put them close in TK as well. Essentially nullifying Dooku's main avenues of attack with the force: lightning and TK. The open space of Lothal would lend to her Ataru style but Dooku trained Qui-Gon so she will die quickly after engaging in sabers. But not before Ventress dies to Nox.

She demonstrated blowing a metal door open. Impressive but not on Dooku's level, though as I said she's not too far off.

Nox from what has been posted in this thread doesn't seem all that powerful.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:28 AM
Vixas

Originally posted by Syndicate
She demonstrated blowing a metal door open. Impressive but not on Dooku's level, though as I said she's not too far off.

Nox from what has been posted in this thread doesn't seem all that powerful.

Well, from the Hope trailer, before her prime, she pastes Malgus to a boulder and smashes the boulder... mountain... large rock behind him to pieces. If I am not mistaken she also crushed Hex droids to pieces. There was something special about them if I am not mistaken... anyways, I am in complete agreement she does not WIN any of these comparisons. Just that she SURVIVES longer than Ventress.

Oh! ALso, Happy Thanksgiving to those it applies to! For those it does not, I hope your day was equally wonderful!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:32 AM