KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos runs the following gauntlet...

How far does Thanos of Titan get?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Stops at 1... 3 12.50%
Stops at 2... 5 20.83%
Stops at 3... 3 12.50%
Stops at 4... 1 4.17%
Stops at 5... 5 20.83%
Stops at 6... 2 8.33%
Thanos of Titan clears the gauntlet... 5 20.83%
Total: 24 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Thanos runs the following gauntlet...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Theoretically?

So no proof?

He's been shown to be outside the boundaries of Order and Chaos on panel...

I just sited an example during the Thanos Quest...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 08:14 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Adam Warlock is too if I remember correctly...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 08:14 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
He's been shown to be outside the boundaries of Order and Chaos on panel...

I just sited an example during the Thanos Quest...

Didn't Order and Chaos cause the defeat of Thanos? By manipulating events?

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 08:19 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
The entire tier? Meaning from DC,Marvel, Image? Etc. At same time? He pobably stops at two or maybe three.. Your talking like a thousand heroes and viluans and a lot of them may have one particular hax power and nothing else plus theybarebusually really smart and have crazy gadgets to let them hang. So its not inconceivable to think one or two might have a powerset/gadget to hurt or kill him.

Or he could just use planetary level blasts to one shot kill his way to mid herald tier which I doubt he clears. To many bodies and powers.

Yeah, after thinking it over, i vote stops at 2.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 10:36 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Theoretically?

So no proof?

Heres a line from Thanos himself that would seem to indicate that even if Longshots power could effect Thanos, its effect would be minimal...

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums...zps0f9793ad.jpg

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:21 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Longshot sucks btw

Darksaint overplays his dudes hard

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:21 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by riv6672
Yeah, after thinking it over, i vote stops at 2.

Thats just to many people, and you have people like squirrel girl in there.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2016 11:53 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Longshot sucks btw

A little bit, yeah.
BUT, considering how often luck is a factor, in story, in wins and losses, you cant discount someone who's power IS luck.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 12:03 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Longshot sucks btw

Imagine if I supported characters who people actually gave a crap about, like Hulk.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 08:30 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You'd be unstoppable.

Much like the Hulk.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 10:38 AM
basilisk

You know, Thanos should be immune to his power..

Multiple times Thanos has been stated to be beyond the boundaries of Order and Chaos (this is the reason Order and Chaos had no idea Thanos was helping Inbetweener escape during the Thanos Quest); this should theoretically make him immune to random, low probability events such as bad luck...
Yeah, but if he can't have bad luck.. at all... that would almost like having a good luck power. Not being affected by probability even just at a low level would be very strange, after all he deals in probabilities all the time when planning - and things do go wrong for him sometimes even just minor setbacks.. And if he can suffer bad luck at all (which I think he can) then Longshot can give it to him. I don't think Thanos's powers really protect him at that level.

The entire tier? Meaning from DC,Marvel, Image? Etc. At same time? He pobably stops at two or maybe three.. Your talking like a thousand heroes and viluans and a lot of them may have one particular hax power and nothing else plus theybarebusually really smart and have crazy gadgets to let them hang. So its not inconceivable to think one or two might have a powerset/gadget to hurt or kill him
Yeah, there are almost certainly some hax abilities in that tier that could do something useful. Ragman and Longshot have been mentioned but they are just for starters.

I'm really curious as to why those who voted Thanos stops at 2 voted that way...

I pray that there is a rational argument for it and its not just trolling...
Pym is in that tier.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 12:12 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Didn't Order and Chaos cause the defeat of Thanos? By manipulating events?

I I honestly cant remember...

Although two abstracts should be able to bring down Thanos if they are directly tampering with him or the events around him...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:21 PM
DarkSaint85

I I honestly cant remember...

Although two abstracts should be able to bring down Thanos if they are directly tampering with him or the events around him...

They did. So he's hardly immune - otherwise, as basilisk said, Thanos essentially has 100% good luck in all he does.

Kinda blows the whole 'prep god' and 'tactical genius' thing he has into perspective, if he's just that damn lucky.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:26 PM
TheLordofMurder

The entire tier? Meaning from DC,Marvel, Image? Etc. At same time? He pobably stops at two or maybe three.. Your talking like a thousand heroes and viluans and a lot of them may have one particular hax power and nothing else plus theybarebusually really smart and have crazy gadgets to let them hang. So its not inconceivable to think one or two might have a powerset/gadget to hurt or kill him.

Or he could just use planetary level blasts to one shot kill his way to mid herald tier which I doubt he clears. To many bodies and powers.

It would be the an entire tier as per the tierings here at KMC...

And while true there maybe some hax characters that potentially could bring down Thanos in these senario's, will they be able to with no prep against a Thanos with full access to his tech?

Also, Thanos has some of the best damage soak in comics for characters that are sub Odin level; he's resisted reality warp, he's withstood direct attacks from High Skyfathers and Cube Beings, he's got tremendous strength of will...

Inaddition (especially among the less tiers) he'd be wiping out characters like a white hot knife against butter...

Those he cant one shot he can bring down with mind rape or even turn certain characters against their comrads...

Now, I'm not saying that one of the lesser teirs cant beat him, but I'm going to have to hear a pretty convincing argument to be swayed in that direction...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:31 PM
TheLordofMurder

Heres a line from Thanos himself that would seem to indicate that even if Longshots power could effect Thanos, its effect would be minimal...

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums...zps0f9793ad.jpg

@DarkSaint

Maybe he's not immune, but atleast accoring to Thanos in this link, outside influences have a minimal effect on his being...

So yeah, maybe Longshot can give him some bad luck, but enough to defeat him?

I can see enough to turn this from a stomp in Thanos's favor to him having to work for it, but defeating Thanos (especially with him being outside of Order and Chaos and outside influences having a minimal effect on his being) with nothing but luck seems to be a pretty tall order...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Before i vote, which of those tiers is Zatanna in? Because thats where Thanos stops.

Why does she defeat Thanos?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

A little bit, yeah.
BUT, considering how often luck is a factor, in story, in wins and losses, you cant discount someone who's power IS luck.

True, but that luck will have a minimal effect on Thanos's being...

And having luck doesnt mean no limits either as there is a line between luck and PIS...

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Feb 4th, 2016 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:38 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Longshot's biggest villain is an overweight spider. Guy has accomplished jack shit in his comic career besides the occasional trip up.

If you're no limiting him then what's to stop Thanos from blowing up the planet which is actually within his power?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:41 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos has resisted reality warping. He can attack you with psionics, he can vaporize you with energy blasts, he can transmute you into stone, he can control his entire molecular structure. I don't think Longshot is going to do much but get vaped.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

@DarkSaint

Maybe he's not immune, but atleast accoring to Thanos in this link, outside influences have a minimal effect on his being...

So yeah, maybe Longshot can give him some bad luck, but enough to defeat him?

I can see enough to turn this from a stomp in Thanos's favor to him having to work for it, but defeating Thanos (especially with him being outside of Order and Chaos and outside influences having a minimal effect on his being) with nothing but luck seems to be a pretty tall order...

He's not outside of Order and Chaos, though - they've specifically manipulated events and characters in order to bring heroes together, who defeated Thanos.

So if, as you say, he is immune to that, then he wouldn't have been defeated by such shenanigans. But he was - all thanks to the machinations of Order and Chaos, who manipulated probability to defeat him.

But take your point that he is NOT immune - then the degree to which he is immune depends.

You see, it doesn't matter to Longshot. All that matters is that he is OK. So what needs to happen to save him, will save him. Maybe Squirrel Girl (street tier?) just so happens to be stopping by. Nothing to do with Thanos, so why would he be affected?

But Squirrel Girl would be the ONE foe he definitely loses to. And so, she will appear.

Just as an example.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2016 03:47 PM