KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » So...what happened to TANK?

So...what happened to TANK?
Started by: Damien777

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
alaba
THE ONE

NOVEMBER...AND BE A BELEIVER EVILMAN

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:47 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

I read it too that he suing the Bros. And i heard when Zee told Link she lost two brother in the NAB and she doesnt wanted Link to go to the mission with Morph

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:52 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

yeah but i think i saw tanks back in the revolutions trailer.......

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:54 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

I CAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNTTTTTTTTTT WAIT TILL NOVEMBER THIS IS INSANE IM GETTING ANXIOUS ABOUT MATRIX IM GOING TO THE THEATHER IN 1 HOUR TO C M.R. FOR THE FOURTH TIME. I CANT WAIT ANY LONGER THRU NOVEMBER REALLY I CAAAAANNNNNTTTTT.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:54 PM
BEST TRINITY is currently offline Click here to Send BEST TRINITY a Private Message Find more posts by BEST TRINITY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

WELL BYE I HAVE TO GET DRESS

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:55 PM
alaba
THE ONE

ha..you're seeing it for the fourth time? i've been banned from my local cinema for coming to see the same movie gazzilion times...................

Old Post May 31st, 2003 05:57 PM
Tex
Yumsz

That chong actor dude is a total drama queen diva!
He had a crummy little role in The Matrix and demanded big buck$ to star in Reloaded!!!

Please!!! He got what he deserved!

And now he's suing? What a joke! He's never going to work for a major studio again! Serves him right!

Old Post May 31st, 2003 06:03 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

i never really liked him too.............and link is better and has a greater sense of humour

Old Post May 31st, 2003 06:06 PM
evilelvis

end of the day Tanks acting skills could be called tripe and im glad link is here (

Old Post May 31st, 2003 07:10 PM
evilelvis is currently offline Click here to Send evilelvis a Private Message Find more posts by evilelvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo04

i can't beleave it sueing them. I found this about the whole sueing thing:
'Matrix' Actor Marcus Chong Sues Over Tank Role
Mon May 19, 2003 08:19 PM ET
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Marcus Chong has sued the makers of "The Matrix" for allegedly reneging on a promise to recast him as a freedom fighter in the 1999 sci-fi thriller's two sequels.
The lawsuit, filed on Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, accuses Warner Bros. and parent company AOL Time Warner and the film's producers of breaching their 1998 oral agreement and a 2000 contract to revive his character, Tank, in the two sequels, and of slandering him.

Chong, 35, also accused the filmmakers of "intentionally publishing numerous false statements ... that he was a terrorist," and of conspiring to blackball him in Hollywood.

A bail receipt document posted on a fan Web site shows that Chong was arrested on Oct. 18, 2000 for allegedly making threats -- five days after his salary negotiations with the studio collapsed.

Film industry sources said the actor made repeated phone calls of a harassing nature to the filmmakers after his salary demands were not met. Tank was subsequently written out of the sequels and replaced with a character named Link.

A Warner Bros. spokesman and a spokeswoman for writer-directors Andy and Larry Wachowski declined to comment on the pending litigation.

Chong's attorney could not be reached for comment.

Released last week, "The Matrix Reloaded" enjoyed first weekend box office sales of $93.3 million -- higher than any R-rated film in U.S. history and No. 2 among all releases.

"The Matrix Reloaded" stars Keanu Reeves as a resistance fighter who battles an army of machines that seek to take control of the last human city, Zion. It will be followed in November by a third movie, "The Matrix Revolutions."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 10:50 AM
Neo04 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo04 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mac11586
Fallen Jedi

I think the movies are better without his character. The actor playing him dosen't matter his whole purpose in the movie was for that one line cypher said. " If you are the one it would take some kind of miracle to keep me from pulling this plug". Up comes tank and kills him. We are now relieved to see that he is the "one". The way i see it, if he was in the new films it would sort of take away from the whole coming back just to save neo.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 04:24 PM
mac11586 is currently offline Click here to Send mac11586 a Private Message Find more posts by mac11586 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BEST TRINITY

Yeah but people like to see same actors in every sequel

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2003 09:31 PM
Fire

well I still think he wasn't written out in a bad way or anything
it shows that eventho neo is the one ppl on the neb can still die. it gives it a bit more realism according to em

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 03:24 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Neo04

Released last week, "The Matrix Reloaded" enjoyed first weekend box office sales of $93.3 million -- higher than any R-rated film in U.S. history and No. 2 among all releases.

The movie is R-rated?! I guess the sex scene is enough to make it an R. Do you know what the other one was rated? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 11th, 2003 05:04 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

matrix was r rated? it was only rated m in australia.
our rating system is
>g (general)
>pg(parental guidance recommended for under 13s-not enforced)
>m (reccomended for over 15s-not enforced)
>ma (you have to be accompanied by someone over 15)
>r 18 (accompanied by an over 18)
how strange.
i think the sex scnene was only *just* enough to make it an m. really, it wasnt much. or maybe it just says something about aussie culture...

~*a woman who strives to be equal with men lacks ambition*~
-_-|Co- owner of the Baileys Vat. Co-Founder of the Baileys Club|-_-
-_-|Bar-girl at the tavern|-_-
-_-|wears gold metal bikini, will give bikini huggles if you poke nicely|-_-
-_-|try covering me with chocolate|-_-
happy rules:
-->there is no giant foot trying to squash me.
-->there is no such thing as aliens.
-->even though i may ignite, i probably wont.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 08:31 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
princess leia
trinity ;)

anyway after reading that article i have lost all respect for chong.

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 08:37 AM
princess leia is currently offline Click here to Send princess leia a Private Message Find more posts by princess leia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HeIsTheOne

Feel the same, wonder if that letter was a joke, "give me so much money OR I'll do the films for free" huh? Anyway I believe he asked for too much money & the Wachowski Brothers didn't feel the need to have the Tank Charachter in the sequels because of all the newbies + didn't want to delay the making of the films over a $ issue sinse the film was supposed to be released last year, but didn't because of the Unfortuante death of Aallia (didn't spell her name right, I think)

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 08:52 AM
HeIsTheOne is currently offline Click here to Send HeIsTheOne a Private Message Find more posts by HeIsTheOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

Aaliyah...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 09:22 AM
princess leia
trinity ;)

does r in america mean resricted for ppl over 17 as in only over 17 o just accompanied?

happy rules:

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 09:24 AM
alaba
THE ONE

...dunno!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2003 09:31 AM