KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » North Korea Sentences American Otto Warmbier to 15 Years in Prison

North Korea Sentences American Otto Warmbier to 15 Years in Prison
Started by: Surtur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

We should invade NK and show them what tyranny actually means.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 05:20 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Are we sure this isn't just a CIA operative who got caught?

What phucking church would want a North Korean flag as a trophy and ask a man to risk his life to get it? I don't even think the Westboro Baptist Church would try that.

Maybe Otto stole some money out of the collection plate and this is the church's way of retribution

That's what NK is claiming, that he is working for the US government to subvert the NK government/The Supreme Leader

Yeah, it's weird, but we've seen weird stories before that turn out to be true.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 05:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
That's what NK is claiming, that he is working for the US government to subvert the NK government/The Supreme Leader

Yeah, it's weird, but we've seen weird stories before that turn out to be true.

Stealing a poster can subvert the entire Nork Government!?

Wow. Seems that country must be in an even worse shambles then the Obama Gubmint.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 05:51 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Why would you ever **** around in North Korea? Idiot.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 08:39 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I read it correctly, he was supposed to steal and take the banner back to the US with him, where the mother of a friend would hang it in her church like a trophy and in return he would be gifted a used car worth $10k.

Which is all kinds of odd.

Now it's even creepier knowing this banner wanting person lives here. I need to know which church is okay with potentially dropping 200k for a banner. Which since he did get detained they won't even get.

So if they hold to their word they are basically out 200k and have nothing to show for it. I almost feel bad for the church, whichever one it is.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 16th, 2016 at 08:57 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 08:55 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

CIA cover story. It has to be.

No church is THAT stupid

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 09:33 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

If I read it correctly, he was supposed to steal and take the banner back to the US with him, where the mother of a friend would hang it in her church like a trophy and in return he would be gifted a used car worth $10k.

Which is all kinds of odd.

He deserves it for not having the forethought to realize that all he had to do was go over there, buy an exact replica of the flag that he was sent to retrieve, and return home with it in tow. I mean you have to be somewhat touched to steal in the first place considering all of the cameras, and even more so to do it in North Korea?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 09:48 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
He deserves it for not having the forethought to realize that all he had to do was go over there, buy an exact replica of the flag that he was sent to retrieve, and return home with it in tow. I mean you have to be somewhat touched to steal in the first place considering all of the cameras, and even more so to do it in North Korea?

Do they sell replicas of propaganda banners in North Korea? That just seems like something they wouldn't allow.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 09:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Surtur
Do they sell replicas of propaganda banners in North Korea? That just seems like something they wouldn't allow.

I;m sure that if you presented someone with enough money, you could. wait let me google Korean banners for sale. And done. You absolutely can buy them LOL. I wonder if he'll be thinking about that while he serves his 15 yrs.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 09:54 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No church is THAT stupid

IMO, the CIA could have come up with a better cover story than "Guy steals useless banner for friend's mother".

So it's probably true, as redic as it sounds.

Not as redic as the guy getting 15 years for stealing a banner, which should be the focus.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 09:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I;m sure that if you presented someone with enough money, you could. wait let me google Korean banners for sale. And done. You absolutely can buy them LOL. I wonder if he'll be thinking about that while he serves his 15 yrs.

Just to be clear are you searching for North Korean banners or North Korean propaganda banners? Since I typed in "buy north korean propaganda banner" and only turned up this story. I also tried using the word "purchase" instead of buy and still found nothing.

EDIT: Oh wait, I found someone on ebay claiming to be selling them. But they've already been bought. I don't see them available really other then that. If they were so easy to find why didn't the church just buy one instead of going through all this hassle?

Part of me really wants to know if this church actually gave his family the 200k.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 16th, 2016 at 10:04 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 09:58 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Just to be clear are you searching for North Korean banners or North Korean propaganda banners? Since I typed in "buy north korean propaganda banner" and only turned up this story. I also tried using the word "purchase" instead of buy and still found nothing.

EDIT: Oh wait, I found someone on ebay claiming to be selling them. But they've already been bought. I don't see them available really other then that. If they were so easy to find why didn't the church just buy one instead of going through all this hassle?

Part of me really wants to know if this church actually gave his family the 200k.

Whoops. Nope didn't go that far. I just saw some Korean banners lol, but how difficult would it be if you were actually in NK? We sell US banners to tourists all of the time right? I can imagine his face when they busted in the door and bum rushed his show. Get on the ground.. GET...ON...THE...GROUND!!!

Last edited by Stoic on Mar 16th, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

No church is THAT stupid

I think you're underestimating churches. But if this is the CIA then what was the purpose of trying to take a banner? Remember it's not like this is merely the explanation the government/the guy is giving. North Korea itself is saying he tried to steal the banner. Now if they found someone there and thought he was there for some other purpose and then our own government came out and said "no it was totally just for a banner" then I might suspect more.

I think unfortunately it's the reverse. NK thinks this is some conspiracy, but in reality it's just sheer stupidity at work.

Last edited by Surtur on Mar 16th, 2016 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:07 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Brother, not all people are capable of critical thinking.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This sounds like something one of those creepy churches that are more like cults would do.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:10 PM
Stoic
Avenger

This sounds like something one of those creepy churches that are more like cults would do.

There's a lot of them out there. I was in one that had the Pastor tell everyone to get up, and begin praying for all of their dead relatives. So I got up and walked out.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:16 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

There's a lot of them out there. I was in one that had the Pastor tell everyone to get up, and begin praying for all of their dead relatives. So I got up and walked out.

Hey, that doesn't sound so weird.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:27 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know the feeling. I was in a church that forced me to drink the symbolic blood of their deity.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2016 10:31 PM
Raisen

I know the feeling. I was in a church that forced me to drink the symbolic blood of their deity.

stop

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 01:01 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Whoa.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2016 01:07 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote