KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Caedus vs. Starkiller

Darth Caedus vs. Starkiller
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syndicate
You think Vader might have considered it had it been viable when Galen had him in his force grip. smile

Horrific logic. Vitiate didn't TP Scourge and Meetra, even though he had ample opportunity, because he couldn't. Vitiate knocked the Jedi strike team unconscious and then dominated them, and didn't dominate them outright because he couldn't. Yoda didn't TK Dooku because he couldn't. Etc.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:40 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by carthage
He was also able to like reach through time and telepathically touch Leia as well as use Battle mind/battle med to influence entire fleets at the Battle of Fondor in LOTF. He can **** Galen's mind pretty hard if he wanted too

I'd question how the first has a practical use in combat. I'd point you at C'baoth's feat of instantly taking hold of 10,000 sentient beings, Affecting the minds of non force users and affecting the mind of a force user are far different in scope and scale. Also you didn't answer my question. Has he demonstrated feats like these mid combat? DE Sidious has superior feats to those you just listed but he was unable to do anything but maintain a force lock with a depleted Galen whilst in combat.

Also if you think Caedus could stomp Marek then why did you make this thread?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:41 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Horrific logic. Vitiate didn't TP Scourge and Meetra, even though he had ample opportunity, because he couldn't. Vitiate knocked the Jedi strike team unconscious and then dominated them, and didn't dominate them outright because he couldn't. Yoda didn't TK Dooku because he couldn't. Etc.

I agree with all the examples you've provided. smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Syndicate get on fugging hangouts w/me and Quan smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:42 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Syndicate get on fugging hangouts w/me and Quan smile

Libraries kicking me out.

I'll be home in 20 minutes.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:43 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Good. smile

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:43 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

What are some of Caedus's powers that tilt this in his favor in your opinion?

As Carthage mentioned, his illusory powers could be helpful in a number of ways; it would certainly be a game changer if fighters are given basic knowledge of one another. Juno is a glaring weakness of Galen's, especially Starkiller.

That aside, considering that a fight can unfold in a myriad of different ways, having a wider range of abilities is generally a good advantage to have in any confrontation. Being able to adapt to changing situations is historically an important part of successful combat in the lore... Speculation might be more viable if the conditions of the fight are made more specific.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:50 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by NewGuy01
As Carthage mentioned, his illusory powers could be helpful in a number of ways; it would certainly be a game changer if fighters are given basic knowledge of one another. Juno is a glaring weakness of Galen's, especially Starkiller.

That aside, considering that a fight can unfold in a myriad of different ways, having a wider range of abilities is generally a good advantage to have in any confrontation. Being able to adapt to changing situations is historically an important part of successful combat in the lore... Speculation might be more viable if the conditions of the fight are made more specific.

Fair enough. We'll wait for the OP to specify.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 02:58 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

This is a spite tbh, Caedus dominates. It's been stated that Vader and Starkiller together could not defeat the Emperor. Caedus alone put Luke in a bacta tank for quite a long time.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 08:39 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by The Ellimist
This is a spite tbh, Caedus dominates. It's been stated that Vader and Starkiller together could not defeat the Emperor. Caedus alone put Luke in a bacta tank for quite a long time.

There's a third person statement of such? If you could be so good as to provide it I'd be grateful. smile Caedus gets dominated in every single way by Luke. Trust me that's not a comparison you want to make.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 09:10 PM
hutchy1345

Who doesn't get dominated in every single way by luke?
Caedus actually gave luke a good fight
Starkiller is vader tier while caedus is well above vader as stated by luke himself

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 10:06 PM
Click here to Send hutchy1345 a Private Message Find more posts by hutchy1345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Except he didn't give Luke a good fight.

He mused he might be. And given the fact that Vader always held back against Luke in their fights I'd much rather stick to actual feats.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 11:52 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

There's a third person statement of such? If you could be so good as to provide it I'd be grateful. smile Caedus gets dominated in every single way by Luke. Trust me that's not a comparison you want to make.

https://books.google.com/books?id=g...ank&f=false

EDIT: search for bacta tank for an entire week.

Luke won that fight and Caedus did have the advantage of a few environmental traps, but it was still a better fight than Starkiller would've put up against a full-fledged Emperor.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 10:41 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

The Emperor would've beaten Caedus in similar fashion to Luke, though.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 10:44 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by SunRazer
The Emperor would've beaten Caedus in similar fashion to Luke, though.

Maybe, but that would feed into my point, because The Emperor wouldn't be put into a bacta tank for a week in a fight against Galen Marek.

Luke vs. Caedus is a closer fight than Sidious vs. pre-vaapad Windu, who is comparable to or superior to Dooku as a swordsman, who is IMHO above Starkiller as a duelist.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 11:00 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Well, I do put Caedus over Starkiller anyway. The only area where Starkiller actually rivals him is in raw power.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 11:03 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Caedus

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 11:43 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Caedus would take all rounds.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 01:46 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by hutchy1345

Starkiller is vader tier while caedus is well above vader as stated by luke himself

Nah, Caedus is Vader tier too tbh. He's on the higher end, whereas Starkiller is on the lower end, though.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 02:15 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Originally posted by The Ellimist
https://books.google.com/books?id=g...ank&f=false

EDIT: search for bacta tank for an entire week.

Luke won that fight and Caedus did have the advantage of a few environmental traps, but it was still a better fight than Starkiller would've put up against a full-fledged Emperor.

I disagree with that assessment especially given the emotional state Luke was in at the time which is hinted to have hindered him.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2016 03:23 PM