KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Shadow of the Colossus vs Ocarina of Time

Shadow of the Colossus vs Ocarina of Time
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Shadow of the Colossus vs Ocarina of Time

Which is the better game?

Furthermore, which deserves the title of "best game in history".

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 12:33 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

OOC sucks. Zelda games are boring.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 12:35 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
OOC sucks. Zelda games are boring.

thumb down

Anyway, once again hard to compare these games. They are very different. Though, I prefer OoT.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 03:07 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by ares834
thumb down

Anyway, once again hard to compare these games. They are very different. Though, I prefer OoT.
What would you consider games that are easy to compare?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 03:46 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Furthermore, which deserves the title of "best game in history".

No one can truly answer that objectively, because even though they are great games, they are very different. OoT was better received though.

Neither imo.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 05:09 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Re: Shadow of the Colossus vs Ocarina of Time

Tie. Both SotC and OoT are great titles that revolutionized open world gaming with fantastic combat.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Apr 18th, 2016 at 07:49 PM

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 07:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Did SotC revolutionize open world gaming? I haven't seen many games using it for inspiration. More's the pity.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 07:59 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What would you consider games that are easy to compare?

Okami's an obvious one.

And I liked that game. Probably partly because of the quirkiness, but it didn't bore me to tears with slogging through dungeons or back tracking ad nauseam like every Zelda ever..

And ftr, I hated the tedious exploration in Shadow of Colossus, too. But the series of unique, imposing, and fun boss encounters more then made up for it..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 08:02 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Okami's an obvious one.

And I liked that game. Probably partly because of the quirkiness, but it didn't bore me to tears with slogging through dungeons or back tracking ad nauseam like every Zelda ever..

And ftr, I hated the tedious exploration in Shadow of Colossus, too. But the series of unique, imposing, and fun boss encounters more then made up for it..

thumb up
+10 e-cred for mentioning Okami.

Okami > LoZ

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 09:52 PM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah, Okami is > both these games, although I love SotC and like OoT.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 09:58 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

SOTC and OOC have the same formula, with different graphics.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 10:30 PM
ares834

How do SotC and OoT have the same formula? Because you fight giant bosses in both?

Old Post Apr 18th, 2016 10:43 PM
Jmanghan

How do SotC and OoT have the same formula? Because you fight giant bosses in both?
See, you're looking at it too deep.

IMO, games of the same genre should be allowed to be compared.

If you're comparing a Fighter to a Mage, you're able to come up with reasons why one is better then the other.

Its not about which is the better system, its about which is the better game.

Naturally, you'd compare any Action RPG with any Action RPG.

You guys throw in superficial stuff like the graphics, art style, and formula, when its the gameplay that matters.

Even if its objective, its not really objective, and there will always be a bias for a certain game.

Like, for me, as long as they are in the same genre, its enough for ME to compare them.

I've compared Assassin's Creed to ****ing Skyrim before, and I was able to come up with strengths and weaknesses for each game.

It doesn't need to be super similar to be compared, just vaguely similar.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 12:07 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

SotC and Zelda don't play anything remotely alike, though. Shadow is more comparable to Monster Hunter then anything.. No, never mind, nothing alike. SotC is in a league of it's own, incomparable.

You've got to look at games like Darksiders to compare with Zelda..

Last edited by cdtm on Apr 19th, 2016 at 01:09 AM

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 01:07 AM
Jmanghan

SotC and Zelda don't play anything remotely alike, though. Shadow is more comparable to Monster Hunter then anything.. No, never mind, nothing alike. SotC is in a league of it's own, incomparable.

You've got to look at games like Darksiders to compare with Zelda..
You walk around an open area, and fight stuff, with a sword, and a bow.

Thats as similar as it needs to be for me.

Graphics, Formula, and Art Style are meaningless.

If the COMBAT is remotely the same, then they deserve to be compared.

I literally can't see how you can't see the similarities.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 02:35 AM
Demonic Phoenix

You are basically comparing apples to oranges. Sure they are both fruits (games), but their nuances and wildly differing characteristics mean that they cannot be objectively compared.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 04:35 AM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
You are basically comparing apples to oranges. Sure they are both fruits (games), but their nuances and wildly differing characteristics mean that they cannot be objectively compared.

Thats the thing, no games can be compared objectively because there is always bias thrown into something.

You'll always be like "Yeah, that game was pretty good, but honestly, this game is ****ing awesome."

Even TotalBiscuit himself said its impossible to do an objective review of any game you've played, and that bias will always be thrown in based on your experience.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2016 11:12 AM
Jmanghan

Did SotC revolutionize open world gaming? I haven't seen many games using it for inspiration. More's the pity.
Any game where you can climb on the bosses.

Dragon's Dogma, God of War, etc.

Inspired a lot of games.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 08:29 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Shadow gets the nod from me. Also I was under the impression that Elder Scrolls revolutionized open world gaming. Don't agree? Anyone remember Morrowind?

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 03:22 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Any game where you can climb on the bosses.

Dragon's Dogma, God of War, etc.

Inspired a lot of games.
God of war predates it bruh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 3rd, 2016 04:00 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote