KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Legionaires Vs Heralds

Legionaires Vs Heralds
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Was Surfer was flying around at a distance? Were they at close range when Henshaw was telling him to hold still? Also Surfer during that period was the type who always held back.

Surfer was dodging HVs like his life depended on it like a ballerina.

Not to someone who destroyed a planet and when he goes "Mine is the power cosmic" speech.
Originally posted by riv6672
Guess i get to have fun at your expense, then. Because i always have fun with you.

Oh you. Here you go with force field rings.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Not even Superman can breach it.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 04:12 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nice!

Refer to my earlier post.
Though i have to wonder if that particular feature has ever been used before or since, context, etcetera. Knowing Brainiac, it may have been a mission specific function. It may also have bern assumption on the writer's part.
Its happened before.

But, hey, i stand by my earlier preemptive apology.
And i still have fun with you. yes

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 04:24 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yes, Galactus took away his life force which was powering Destroyer, it has nothing to do with the fact that Thing did stalemate Destroyer in a fight.

Its the only fight Destroyer as herald was in, so we can use only this to gauge it. Did I ever say Thing defeated him or whatever BS you are saying?

Glad you finally admitted that Thing fought a Destroyer that had basically stopped fighting back early in the fight.
thumb up
I know you deal in half-truths all the time, but it's a good step forward.. Then again you probably would never have mentioned beyond claims of a "stalemate" if you weren't called out on it.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 04:44 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Glad you finally admitted that Thing fought a Destroyer that had basically stopped fighting back early in the fight.
thumb up

laughing out loud

Here we go with strawman and red herrings.

quote:
I know you deal in half-truths all the time, but it's a good step forward.. Then again you probably would never have mentioned beyond claims of a "stalemate" if you weren't called out on it.

Oh you.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:05 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Nice!

Refer to my earlier post.
Though i have to wonder if that particular feature has ever been used before or since, context, etcetera. Knowing Brainiac, it may have been a mission specific function. It may also have bern assumption on the writer's part.
Its happened before.

But, hey, i stand by my earlier preemptive apology.
And i still have fun with you. yes

Yeah, so even with posting scans of this doesn't changes your mind.

Color me unsurprised.

If by fun you mean trolling and passive aggressive bitching, yes I agree.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:35 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:53 AM
Genii96

With surfer,morg with WOL and destroyer,heralds would probably win

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 06:52 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Depends on which White Witch we're using.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 08:00 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

(please log in to view the image)

Speedsters are such jobbers.

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 09:17 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, so even with posting scans of this doesn't changes your mind.

Color me unsurprised.

If by fun you mean trolling and passive aggressive bitching, yes I agree.

Aw man, you're really gonna hate this then.
I have to retract my apology. stick out tongue

I farmed your scans, and our conversation (for context), out to a LoSH subject matter expert yesterday, and had a response waiting this morning.
He pointed out a few things.

The scans you posted display a mission specific function, as the story cited had the LoSH using huge amounts of prep. Its likely why you didnt post them initially, as a more LoSH savvy poster might have pointed that out.
Booster Gold famously used a Legion flight ring and B5 FF belt to set himself up as a hero. If the ring could have performed more than the one function, he wouldnt have needed the belt to perform the other. Neither would B5 for that matter.
If the entire LoSH had anything near B5 level FF generating ability, it would have been used in countless stories, over several versions. He cited the Legion of 3 Worlds storyline, where a trio of distinct teams fought for their lives, against Superboy Prime, a villain intent on literally ripping them apart. No FFs.

No hard feelings, though. Well, not on my part.

Last edited by riv6672 on Apr 25th, 2016 at 09:35 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 09:32 AM
Genii96

Are there any trans tiers in this legion team?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 04:42 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

(please log in to view the image)

Speedsters are such jobbers.

laughing out loud

Yeah, Flash when he was restricted to Mach 1. Great going.

Really.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:06 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I farmed your scans, and our conversation (for context), out to a LoSH subject matter expert yesterday, and had a response waiting this morning.

The scans you posted display a mission specific function, as the story cited had the LoSH using huge amounts of prep. Its likely why you didnt post them initially, as a more LoSH savvy poster might have pointed that out.
Booster Gold famously used a Legion flight ring and B5 FF belt to set himself up as a hero. If the ring could have performed more than the one function, he wouldnt have needed the belt to perform the other. Neither would B5 for that matter.
If the entire LoSH had anything near B5 level FF generating ability, it would have been used in countless stories, over several versions. He cited the Legion of 3 Worlds storyline, where a trio of distinct teams fought for their lives, against Superboy Prime, a villain intent on literally ripping them apart. No FFs.

I'd like to see this Legion expert which has the proof it being mission specific. The rings were standard rings

The force fields are standard for LOSH. Heck, it's all which stops Superman when powerless survive in Vacuum here.

Along with every other human level legionnaires.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:23 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Genii96
Are there any trans tiers in this legion team?

Yes, White Witch who defeated Mordru after he had absorbed magic of two universes.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:23 PM
LordofBrooklyn

I DEMAND THAT YOU BRING THIS LOSH EXPERT HERE BEFORE ME!!!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 09:03 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Thats nice. smile

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 09:04 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

I'd like to see this Legion expert which has the proof it being mission specific. The rings were standard rings

The force fields are standard for LOSH. Heck, it's all which stops Superman when powerless survive in Vacuum here.

Along with every other human level legionnaires.

The rings providing ff for environmental protection is pretty standard post COIE (at least main continuity, they no longer had their suits designed by Brainy). But that a far cry from what was shown i lightning sagare the rings. Now I'll grant it never stated they were specifically prepared that way for the mission, but I certainly cant think of another instance when the rings showed FF's of that level.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 12:31 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

They never have to my knowledge, either. There's too many times when a personal force field would have been handy, or saved a human legionnaire from harm or danger.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 01:37 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Surfer was dodging HVs like his life depended on it like a ballerina.

Not to someone who destroyed a planet and when he goes "Mine is the power cosmic" speech.

Nice attempts at deflecting... but it's not going to work.

1.Was the fight interrupted before it was finished?

2. Is the fight that Henshaw can't beat Surfer?

3. Was Surfer's speed too much for Cyborg(a being with a Kryptonian physiology and a computerized brain) once he decided he didn't want to be hit anymore?

Now in regards to your deflections, almost all of the links are dead but Avy made several post in Henshaw's respect thread and claimed that they showed Cyborg demonstrated super speed. Don't get me wrong because Avy was notorious for misrepresenting scans too, I'm just wondering if those were cases of his twisting of things at work? Also, in one of the few scans in that thread that do work, Cyborg used his speed to tear Doomsday a new one so what about that?

Was there anything to indicate that Surfer was dodging HV because his life depended on it other than him dodging successfully enough to enrage Cyborg? Do we assume that Supes is dodging like his life depends on it just because he starts dodging attacks?

And sure he'd still hold back, during that period he almost never went for the kill. Did he say anything to indicate that he was giving it his all? I mean other than saying "mine is the power cosmic"(which he says A LOT)?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 03:06 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by beatboks
The rings providing ff for environmental protection is pretty standard post COIE (at least main continuity, they no longer had their suits designed by Brainy). But that a far cry from what was shown i lightning sagare the rings. Now I'll grant it never stated they were specifically prepared that way for the mission, but I certainly cant think of another instance when the rings showed FF's of that level.

Originally posted by cdtm
They never have to my knowledge, either. There's too many times when a personal force field would have been handy, or saved a human legionnaire from harm or danger.

Pretty much what i was told.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 03:59 AM