KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Aayla Secura vs. Kazdan Paratus

Aayla Secura vs. Kazdan Paratus
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syndicate

An Imperial assassin droid loaded with programs of the greatest combatants in Galactic history and who's capabilities were specifically improved by Vader being superior to animated junk droids? That's crazy talk.

He was stated to be more of a challenge for Galen then Rahm was by Vader. Vader has no reason to lie. Kazdan has the feats to suggest he is. I don't see why you are so adverse to acknowledging his superiority. Given Galen was suggested to essentially be Luke if he had been raised by Vader I don't see a problem with that line of reasoning.

"He builds a replica of the Jedi Temple from debris gathered from an abandoned industrial quarter of Raxus Prime."

So he built it with his hands?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:13 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Going to watch Game of Thrones. Se ya on da flippity flop.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:16 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

(please log in to view the image)

This is the last time I'm addressing you, I gotta watch out for my mental health.

quote:
He was stated to be more of a challenge for Galen then Rahm was by Vader. Vader has no reason to lie. Kazdan has the feats to suggest he is. I don't see why you are so adverse to acknowledging his superiority. Given Galen was suggested to essentially be Luke if he had been raised by Vader I don't see a problem with that line of reasoning.

I'm not sure why you take Vader's blatant lie that was meant to pump up Galen over the actual evidence. Oh wait I know why. Because you love furiously wanking TFU.

No way in hell did Galen improve enough in the span of a few days to go from struggling with Kota to godstomping a more powerful opponent. If you just gona bring up "Buuuuuut Vader said so hurr durr" again than rather an hero yourself.

quote:
"He builds a replica of the Jedi Temple from debris gathered from an abandoned industrial quarter of Raxus Prime." So he built it with his hands?

Kek. So we should just presume he did it with the force because of no apparent reason? He had 17 years and a ****ton of tech lying around to build that damn Temple. Unless you have a specific quote saying he did it with TK just let it go. Or an hero yourself.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:26 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Well since is the last time I might as well end it here.

And I don't see why you think Vader was lying when he had absolutely no reason to do so.

Given Galen is stated by the writers to have been a mirror of Luke in different circumstances and Luke's own progress I don't see why his progress is so unbelievable. Also it wasn't a few days it was weeks between each of his missions.

Can I ask you how exactly you think he built it then?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:30 PM
cs_zoltan

Whatever, sanity is overrated anyway.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Syndicate
Well since is the last time I might as well end it here.

And I don't see why you think Vader was lying when he had absolutely no reason to do so.

I told you the reason, you just conveniently ignored it. But it doesn't matter if he was lying or not, he was wrong. Simple as.

quote:
Given Galen is stated by the writers to have been a mirror of Luke in different circumstances and Luke's own progress I don't see why his progress is so unbelievable. Also it wasn't a few days it was weeks between each of his missions.

Except is not Luke level of learning curve. It's like The Ones level. Luke went from being beaten by Vader to being a match for him in a span of a year. You suggest Galen went from struggling with Kota to eclipse a Kota+ opponent in a week...

quote:
Can I ask you how exactly you think he built it then?

Lel. So the only way to build a temple over 17 years is the Force? How about his thousands of droids? I bet they were just serving him drinks while he used TK to build the Temple, all 1 thousand of them.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:39 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Lol.

Or he was telling the truth and Galen simply grew in power in the weeks between those missions.

No I suggest that Galen lasted 6 hours in a spar against Vader and in a year was able to defeat him similar to Luke. While Kazdan is more powerful then Rahm he's probably not that much above him given their comparative feats and if that's the case a few weeks of power growth and Galen actually having experience facing a real Jedi opponents should adequately explain his performance against a superior foe then Rahm Kota.

Thousands* Also probably the first believable point you've made in this thread. It's possible the droids he animated and imbued with the Force built the temple.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:59 PM
Syndicate

Going to watch GoT now. Have fun with your insanity.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 06:59 PM
cs_zoltan

Originally posted by Syndicate
Or he was telling the truth and Galen simply grew in power in the weeks between those missions.

No I suggest that Galen lasted 6 hours in a spar against Vader and in a year was able to defeat him similar to Luke. While Kazdan is more powerful then Rahm he's probably not that much above him given their comparative feats and if that's the case a few weeks of power growth and Galen actually having experience facing a real Jedi opponents should adequately explain his performance against a superior foe then Rahm Kota.

You must be the only person to take an in-universe quote so seriously when it's blatantly contradicted by actual showings. I guess you also believe Ben Kenobi > Sidious then?

Back on the Rebel base on Coruscant, Luke Skywalker tested Kyp's Jedi power potential. What he discovered was the strongest presence he had known since his Masters Obi-Wan and Yoda.
Source: The Essential Guide to Characters

Vader had no way to know their exact combative prowess. Accept already that he was wrong, you are just grasping at straws. And here I thought you take feats over accolades roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:14 PM
Syndicate

Originally posted by cs_zoltan
You must be the only person to take an in-universe quote so seriously when it's blatantly contradicted by actual showings. I guess you also believe Ben Kenobi > Sidious then?

Back on the Rebel base on Coruscant, Luke Skywalker tested Kyp's Jedi power potential. What he discovered was the strongest presence he had known since his Masters Obi-Wan and Yoda.
Source: The Essential Guide to Characters

Vader had no way to know their exact combative prowess. Accept already that he was wrong, you are just grasping at straws. And here I thought you take feats over accolades roll eyes (sarcastic)

Considering I don't believe it be contradicted by showings...

Vader has access to the Jedi archives and the resources of an entire Galactic Empire at his disposal. I don't think it would very difficult for him to get a good understanding of Kazdan's capabilities.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 04:23 AM
cs_zoltan

I'm done running in circles with you. If your only argument is that Vader said so then you have no argument.

You ain't convincing anyone that Galen improved that much over a week.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:26 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

How bout that TK feat on Raxus Prime? Seems legit enough to me.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

What TK feat?

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 02:58 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

The one with a bunch of droids or something. I don't have the quote cause I'm on my phone, but I'm sure someone like Syn can hook you up.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Kazdan didn't use TK in the book.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 03:14 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

No I'm talking about a feat for Marek that could be used to show his improvement.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 03:17 PM
cs_zoltan

Over what? He gathered energies to TK thousand of droids on Raxus, on Nar Shaddaa he just walked through everything without a hint of strain until he met Kota.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 03:38 PM
Syndicate

It wasn't on Nar Shadaa it was on the TIE factory above the planet.

Also there's a difference between making your way through hostile forces and TKi'ing possibly thousands of droids at once.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 05:10 PM
cs_zoltan

There's also a difference between exertion thumb up

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:34 PM
Syndicate

Given the Force is what allows force users to exert themselves to the capacity that they do and that while a force user might be capable of sustaining themselves for hours yet not capable of accomplishing a feat of telekinesis that impressive... I'd have to disagree.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:48 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Tbh what Vader says about Marek's opponents is clearly inaccurate, and supposed to intimidate, downplay his abilities etc. for example about Paratus he says:

"Kazdan Paratus is far more powerful than you [...] I do not expect you to survive."

Then after Marek stomps him he's all like:

"You have defeated a tired old man and an outcast. [...] You will not be ready to face the Emperor until you have faced a true Jedi Master."

Or in other words, he's evidently chatting shit.

Old Post May 2nd, 2016 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote