KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Who can beat Bane in a lightsaber duel?

Who can beat Bane in a lightsaber duel?
Started by: TheDarthBoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheDarthBoy

Who can beat Bane in a lightsaber duel?

Over the time many hae debated Bane as one of the best or "worst" lightsaber duelists in EU.

My opinion ranks him as one of the greats, but many can agree or disagree.

For the sake of debate and to nail Banes skill as a fighter, and this is Bane at which ever prime you choose, either ROT or DOE.

Who can take him?

Who can draw it out?

Who can he beat?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:04 PM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

He can beat Qui-Gon Jinn.

He would lose to Darth Maul/Obi-Wan.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:07 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Qui Gon can take him.

From my limited knowledge Agen Kolar could split with him.

He can probably beat Ki-Adi Mundi.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:07 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Who can beat him? Well, a lot of people. Kenobi, Tyranus, Arcann, Mace, etc?

Who can he beat? Well, a lot of people. Ventress, Kyle, Satele, Zannah, etc?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:10 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Jaina, Ahsoka, Savage, Ventress, Malgus, Krayt, Arcann, Mace, Exar Kun, Ulic, Vader, Revan, Kenobi, Anakin, Quinlan Vos (DD), Count Dooku, Cade Skywalker, Sora Bulq,

tons of people can beat him

I doubt he can beat anyone above Qui Gon level in a pure duel, he lacks skill feats

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Apr 30th, 2016 at 07:22 PM

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:14 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

Carthage the only reason I cannot believe you on Bane (peroid) is due to your complete distain if not bias against the character as a whole.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:16 PM
Click here to Send TheDarthBoy a Private Message Find more posts by TheDarthBoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

He's the weakest of the Banite line. It's been stated that every master surpasses the previous one, and in a nontrivial percentage of the cases it seems like the power transition was accomplished via direct confrontation, so the power creep has to be significant enough per generation to translate consistently into the apprentice's victory.

IIRC Plagueis guessed 30 sith between himself and Bane. Guess an average percent gap between master and apprentice -> run 30 times.

Conclusion: Bane is actually fodder.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:20 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane's never actually beaten anyone notable in pure sabers, he stalemated Kas'im, beaten fodder Tu'kata which says nothing about lightsaber skill, and was beating back Zannah who has only beaten Set Harth whose only beaten thugs with blasters.

He isn't a notable lightsaber duelist, and has zero skill feats to put him above Shaak Ti/Qui Gon/Zallow tier

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:22 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lightsabers only, DoE Bane can be beaten by:
- Xesh,
- Exar Kun,
- Ulic Qel-Droma,
- Revan,
- Darth Malak,
- Darth Nyriss,
- Scourge,
- Darth Malgus,
- Hero of Python,
- Wrath II,
- Darth Marr,
- Arcann,
- more TOR characters,
- Yoda,
- Mace Windu,
- Obi-Wan Kenobi,
- Anakin Skywalker,
- Plo Koon,
- Kit Fisto,
- Agen Kolar,
- Saesee Tiin,
- Palpatine,
- Plagueis,
- Tenebrous,
- Venamis,
- Darth Maul,
- Asajj Ventress,
- Savage Opress,
- General Grievous,
- Sora Bulq,
- Galen Marek,
- Luke Skywalker,
- Kyle Katarn,
- Mara Jade Skywalker,
- Saba Sebatyne,
- Corran Horn,
- Jaina Solo,
- Jacen Solo,
- Anakin Solo,
- Tresina Lobi,
- Srasuu Talon,
- Gaalan,
- Darth Krayt,
- Cade Skywalker,
- Darth Talon,
- Darth Nihl,
- Darth Wyyrlok III,
- Karness Muur.

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:25 PM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

In pure technical skill or simply as a lightsaber combatant?

Old Post Apr 30th, 2016 07:42 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDarthBoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
He's the weakest of the Banite line. It's been stated that every master surpasses the previous one, and in a nontrivial percentage of the cases it seems like the power transition was accomplished via direct confrontation, so the power creep has to be significant enough per generation to translate consistently into the apprentice's victory.

IIRC Plagueis guessed 30 sith between himself and Bane. Guess an average percent gap between master and apprentice -> run 30 times.

Conclusion: Bane is actually fodder.

Bane is fodder now, yup im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, that your trolling at this point.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:24 AM
TheDarthBoy

Originally posted by carthage
Bane's never actually beaten anyone notable in pure sabers, he stalemated Kas'im, beaten fodder Tu'kata which says nothing about lightsaber skill, and was beating back Zannah who has only beaten Set Harth whose only beaten thugs with blasters.

He isn't a notable lightsaber duelist, and has zero skill feats to put him above Shaak Ti/Qui Gon/Zallow tier

Look I know your trying to put out feats/anit feats but I refuse to beleive you just cause you just dont like the character, period.

I mean every post you make there is an obvious bias against him as a character and combatant. Its damn near impossible for me to take your posts regarding him seriously.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:26 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
Bane is fodder now, yup im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, that your trolling at this point.

Interesting - you ignore my arguments, present none of your own beyond appealing to personal incredulity, and then call me the troll, with the irony probably flying way over your head.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 07:56 AM
TheDarthBoy

Of coarse Ill ignore your arguments, its like moving a damn rock.

Swaying you into Banes favor, yeah no its a simple bais plain and simple.

So yes all your opinoins regarding Banite/Bane is lol worthy.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:01 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
Of coarse Ill ignore your arguments, its like moving a damn rock.

Swaying you into Banes favor, yeah no its a simple bais plain and simple.

So yes all your opinoins regarding Banite/Bane is lol worthy.

This isn't how debating works, buddy. Just dismissing someone's argument outright without even trying to address it is one of the chief attributes of a troll - quite frankly, it's a lot worse than just holding opinions the mighty DarthBoy finds contrarian.

You obviously didn't understand my argument, or the basic arithmetic that follows this:

For a millennium, the Sith maintained the order in secrecy, passing down their evil heritage. As they gained knowledge of the dark side of the Force, their powers increased with each generation.
Source: Epsidode 1: The Phantom Menace Scrapbook

and extrapolating through 1000 years. Ironically enough, as much as Carthage and I like to humor Bane wankers like yourself, we're so much smarter than you that we produce vastly superior arguments even when we're joking around, and you hate it.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:11 AM
TheDarthBoy

Actually I can dismiss your arguments by just doing it.

Also Bane wanker? HA no I just notice when a character is the laughing stock because *jazz hands*.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:24 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

^ what's your rebuttal to the quote I provided?

Old Post May 1st, 2016 08:54 AM
TheDarthBoy

Your taking notes to determine Sith from the phantom menace scrabook.

Not taking u seriously on Banite things period. Bring up another match up with characters u dont have issues with, because I read ur posts on that power creep. Its a joke,

Last edited by TheDarthBoy on May 1st, 2016 at 09:18 AM

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:13 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Which invalidates it as a source...how?

And I provided two other sources in the other thread which you ignored. Plus, it's literally Bane's whole Grand Plan.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:15 AM
TheDarthBoy

Its like your new personal power level chart that I will happily dismiss.

Old Post May 1st, 2016 09:19 AM