KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk's lungs vs Thor, Superman, Hercules, Captain Marvel

Can the top tiers defeat the lung?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The lung wins 4 50.00%
GTFOH fanboi 4 50.00%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hulk's lungs vs Thor, Superman, Hercules, Captain Marvel
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulk
Lets put it this way.

In one corner with have someone measuring one herc equals maximum amount of force Herc can unleash in a single punch

Other corner with have a someone measuring one herc equals 1.3 of Hercs power.

Take your pick and actually try to argue which is more usable. Don't argue with me though, i'm just pointing out facts from the panels itself.

The only time the word mystical was used were during the time said monster was amped by the mystical power of the wishing well. Outside of this, everything else was measure physically using the Herc metric.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 27th, 2016 04:39 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Lets put it this way.

In one corner with have someone measuring one herc equals maximum amount of force Herc can unleash in a single punch

Take your pick and actually try to argue which is more usable. Don't argue with me though, i'm just pointing out facts from the panels itself.

Edit: Oh and even though the scan, where 1 herc equals to 1.3 of hercs power, apparently came later. It really does not necessarily mean Pak was clarifying or ret-con, if you will, as 1 herc equals to this or that. Honestly, i think both are slightly different situations. As far as from my knowledge goes, those are two separate parties trying to use the ''herc'' measurement are they not?

Is clear as day.

1 herc is the maximum amount of MYSTICAL units released in Hercules punch.

MYSTICAL units, not FORCE.

The scan presented by Darksaint is from PAK.

You might take it as you wish personally, but if brought into a debate 1 herc is not = force. The scan says clearly that is a MYSTICAL unit.

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on May 27th, 2016 at 05:27 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2016 05:16 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by carver9
The only time the word mystical was used were during the time said monster was amped by the mystical power of the wishing well. Outside of this, everything else was measure physically using the Herc metric.

Carver fails again laughing out loud

Old Post May 27th, 2016 05:17 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lets put it this way.

Edit: Oh and even though the scan, where 1 herc equals to 1.3 of hercs power, apparently came later. It really does not necessarily mean Pak was clarifying or ret-con, if you will, as 1 herc equals to this or that. Honestly, i think both are slightly different situations. As far as from my knowledge goes, those are two separate parties trying to use the ''herc'' measurement are they not?

Yep. The Unit were measure off of Herc full power in a single hit, not some magical blast.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 05:23 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Yep. The Unit were measure off of Herc full power in a single hit, not some magical blast.

laughing out loud

Old Post May 27th, 2016 05:28 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Is clear as day.

1 herc is the maximum amount of MYSTICAL units released in Hercules punch.

MYSTICAL units, not FORCE.

The scan presented by Darksaint is from PAK.

You might take it as you wish personally, but if brought into a debate 1 herc is not = force. The scan says clearly that is a MYSTICAL unit.
http://s1125.photobucket.com/user/l...ks627b.jpg.html

And here it says otherwise! I'm not saying it is an actual measurement of force. But is just a certain measurement of how much force herc can unleash in a single punch. Yes is almost the same thing but at least realize the difference.

''ONE HERC IS EQUIVALENT TO THE MAXIMUM OF AMOUNT OF ENERGY HERCULES CAN EXPEND IN ONE BLOW''

It's right here Rao....it's right...freaking here.....

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 27th, 2016 06:45 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What kind of energy?

Answer: Scan does not say.

Later on, Pak clarifies what Hercs measure. As carver points out, none of them exist, only Pak.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 06:50 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What kind of energy?

Answer: Scan does not say.

Later on, Pak clarifies what Hercs measure. As carver points out, none of them exist, only Pak.
Ahh now this is something. Yes it could be debated that was some sort of other energy. I personally think or at least at first glance, would think it meant the amount of force, unless Hercules had the ability to project energy beams out of his butthole. Like i said earlier.

Oh and even though the scan, where 1 herc equals to 1.3 of hercs power, apparently came later. It really does not necessarily mean Pak was clarifying or ret-con, if you will, as 1 herc equals to this or that. Honestly, i think both are slightly different situations. As far as from my knowledge goes, those are two separate parties trying to use the ''herc'' measurement are they not?

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 27th, 2016 06:58 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Or that a demigod like Hercules has mystical energy within him, which is what gives him his strength. Just like Wraith has XYZ GW of energy within him or whatever.

With regards to tour second post, it was Baba Yaga's chicken leg house that was equal to 1.3 Hercs. Old Hercs. At the time, the NEW Herc was a mere mortal human.

As for two separate parties, the writer for both scans was Pak, the only user of Hercs. So we take the latest definition, especially if its by the same writer.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 07:04 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Or that a demigod like Hercules has mystical energy within him, which is what gives him his strength. Just like Wraith has XYZ GW of energy within him or whatever.

With regards to tour second post, it was Baba Yaga's chicken leg house that was equal to 1.3 Hercs. Old Hercs. At the time, the NEW Herc was a mere mortal human.

As for two separate parties, the writer for both scans was Pak, the only user of Hercs. So we take the latest definition, especially if its by the same writer.
I hear you DS, but i cannot link mystical energy along with Hercules punching power(at least the way you are describing it). It's like measuring Hulks punch by the amount of gamma that imbues Hulks body or Thor's mightiest hammer swing based on the amount of power he can channel to Mjolnir, even though he shows no sign of channeling it.

My memory is not what it used to be but was Herc powerless by the time issue 627 came out? Because that would explain a lot. 1.3 of his old self will make for sense. Because what we are talking about is one blow from Herc, regardless of his level of power.

Writers intent can be heavily discussed though

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 27th, 2016 07:17 AM
DarkSaint85

I hear you DS, but i cannot link mystical energy along with Hercules punching power(at least the way you are describing it). It's like measuring Hulks punch by the amount of gamma that imbues Hulks body or Thor's mightiest hammer swing based on the amount of power he can channel to Mjolnir, even though he shows no sign of channeling it.

My memory is not what it used to be but was Herc powerless by the time issue 627 came out? Because that would explain a lot. 1.3 of his old self will make for sense.

Writers intent can be heavily discussed though

Fair enough! I mean, this thread to me has run its course, but FWIW, yes, I reckon it IS the way your first paragraph puts it - as weird as it seems.

Herc was NOT powerless at IH#627. My scan was from Herc #3 or something like that.

Personally, not a fan of discussing writer's intent...that way lies h1 madness.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 07:20 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Fair enough! I mean, this thread to me has run its course, but FWIW, yes, I reckon it IS the way your first paragraph puts it - as weird as it seems.

Herc was NOT powerless at IH#627. My scan was from Herc #3 or something like that.

Personally, not a fan of discussing writer's intent...that way lies h1 madness.
First thing first, see Carver and Rao? Is it so hard to have a discussion without trying to insult each other? Look at me and DS laughing out loud

I mean...that means Hercules can only expend 1.3 of his power in one blow? I mean that statement in 627 was made before Herc was depowered as you said. This sh!t does not make sense laughing out loud I mean Superman does not unleash solar energy as he punches someone laughing out loud

Agreed, i also dislike discussing Writers intent...too much variables.

Edit: Damn you Pak

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 27th, 2016 07:27 AM
DarkSaint85

First thing first, see Carver and Rao? Is it so hard to have a discussion without trying to insult each other? Look at me and DS laughing out loud

I mean...that means Hercules can only expend 1.3 of his power in one blow? I mean that statement in 627 was made before Herc was depowered as you said. This sh!t does not make sense laughing out loud I mean Superman does not unleash solar energy as he punches someone laughing out loud

Agreed, i also dislike discussing Writers intent...too much variables.

Edit: Damn you Pak

Carver and Rao both suck, unlike us.

No, it meant that Baba Yaga's chicken leg house was as powerful - mystically - as 1.3 Hercs, back when he was Immortal Hercules and had powers.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 07:34 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Carver and Rao both suck, unlike us.

No, it meant that Baba Yaga's chicken leg house was as powerful - mystically - as 1.3 Hercs, back when he was Immortal Hercules and had powers.
laughing out loud Do not step into their level by insulting them DS laughing out loud Unless you want them breathing on your neck

Baba Yaga's chicken leg laughing laughing Just realize how ridiculous that sounds. Either way okay i get that part. But then what happen to the statement in IH#627 with one herc equals to one blow from herc? Now it's 1.3 of Hercules original power? Honestly, i don't mind actual clarification from Pak by now.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 27th, 2016 07:42 AM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Nice argument of incredulity. Nothing more to say.

You just said it "personally" nothing more to add there. smile

Old Post May 27th, 2016 11:09 AM
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Nice argument of incredulity. Nothing more to say.

You just said it "personally" nothing more to add there. smile
Who are you referring to Rao? Either way, it can be looked upon in the two different lights. Let it be.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 27th, 2016 12:20 PM
carver9

Who are you referring to Rao? Either way, it can be looked upon in the two different lights. Let it be.

Only one light.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 01:17 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

To you my friend.

Your argument doesn't hold based on the scans presented but this is something I don't want to take any further.

I am happy with the results of this thread and the scan cannot be sold as a strength feat anymore like the hulk fans try to sell it. So there is nothing more to add in here.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 08:39 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Only one light.

Yes mystical units laughing out loud

Old Post May 27th, 2016 08:39 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Hulk's appendix could solo these four.

Old Post May 27th, 2016 08:41 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote