KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » The Ones of Mortis Run The Yu-Gi-Oh! Gauntlet

The Ones of Mortis Run The Yu-Gi-Oh! Gauntlet
Started by: SunRazer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MythLord
Diamond

But it isn't the same thing. The haxx the Wicked Avatar has are specifically related to the Gods. Hence why Yako says Obelisk/Slifer can't beat the Avatar because he's a higher God rank. This refers specifically to how the Gods are ranked next to each other. The Ones have nothing to do with that.
And even if we were to place them in the hierarchy, they'd still at least be on the same rank as Ra, Progenitor and Avatar, thus rendering the Avatar's hax irrelevant.

Meh, it depends how much stock you put into Zorc's feats. The Gods, and their inferior(Blue Eyes) had an upper hand against him until he blocked out the sun, thus hindering them/amping himself. Assuming that's the case Armityle might be superior.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post May 29th, 2016 08:41 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
But it isn't the same thing. The haxx the Wicked Avatar has are specifically related to the Gods. Hence why Yako says Obelisk/Slifer can't beat the Avatar because he's a higher God rank.

Sure, but it applies to more than just the Egyptian Gods.

quote:
This refers specifically to how the Gods are ranked next to each other. The Ones have nothing to do with that.

Neither does almost any other fictional character, but we have to equate them to similarly powerful characters in YGO. Otherwise, we can just as easily assume that the Ones are powerless since the Force doesn't exist in this cross-over reality.

quote:
And even if we were to place them in the hierarchy, they'd still at least be on the same rank as Ra, Progenitor and Avatar, thus rendering the Avatar's hax irrelevant.

I asked you why they'd be on the same level as Ra and co. and you failed to expand on that.

quote:
Meh, it depends how much stock you put into Zorc's feats. The Gods, and their inferior(Blue Eyes) had an upper hand against him until he blocked out the sun, thus hindering them/amping himself.

Yeah, and it seems to be implied that an unrestricted Exodia would've beaten it as well.

quote:
Assuming that's the case Armityle might be superior.

Assuming what's the case? That it doesn't get weakened by the absence of the sun?

On a side note, do you think Armityle is more powerful than Yubel?

Old Post May 29th, 2016 09:08 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by SunRazer
Sure, but it applies to more than just the Egyptian Gods.
Neither does almost any other fictional character, but we have to equate them to similarly powerful characters in YGO. Otherwise, we can just as easily assume that the Ones are powerless since the Force doesn't exist in this cross-over reality.

Fair enough on that, then.

I asked you why they'd be on the same level as Ra and co. and you failed to expand on that.

Then I'm blind because I didn't see it. But basically: The Wicked Gods and the Egyptian Gods are hyped up to be multi-planetary, at best, on an individual basis. The Ones of Mortis were going to destroy the galaxy(which is confirmed to have hundreds of planets) through their arguing and Abeloth, who is arguably weaker than all of them, at her peak was eating planets for breakfest and could only be held by a station that, while in early construction, has pulled planets, stars and black holes and contained them from a vast distance. This is the type of stuff that would honestly mark the Ones ahead of everyone in Yu-Gi-Oh besides perhaps Numeron Dragon and Horakhty.

Yeah, and it seems to be implied that an unrestricted Exodia would've beaten it as well.

Indeed.

Assuming what's the case? That it doesn't get weakened by the absence of the sun?
On a side note, do you think Armityle is more powerful than Yubel?

Assuming Zorc only did as well as he did because of blocking out the sun and yes assuming Armityle isn't hindered by that.
Also, I'd say Yubel. She was controlled/taimed the Sacred Beasts, IIRC.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 10:02 AM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@MythLord -

Actually, Abeloth can just as easily be argued to be their superior. And if the EG's are multi-planetary on an individual basis, that actually does put them within a comparable range of the Ones, who, individually, are only multi-system tier, since it's the combined power of their feuding that threatens to tear apart the galaxy.

Moreover, even the Sacred Beasts would end the world with their mere presence. That in of itself implies that they're multi-planetary - and if the EG's are their superiors, then would that not suggest that each of the EG's are also multi-system tier, comparable to the Ones? I do think the Ones would beat them, but it wouldn't be easy.

Regarding Yubel controlling the Sacred Beasts - having access to the cards and using them doesn't make you their better. After all, even Kagemaru could use them, but he's obviously not their superior.

I find Numeron Dragon a contradiction to Horakhty, who is supposed to have been the one who created the universe.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 11:08 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Actually, Abeloth can just as easily be argued to be their superior.

From what I recall, the Father on his own and the Son and Daughter together defeated her prior to growing on a higher plane of existence

And if the EG's are multi-planetary on an individual basis, that actually does put them within a comparable range of the Ones, who, individually, are only multi-system tier, since it's the combined power of their feuding that threatens to tear apart the galaxy.

Moreover, even the Sacred Beasts would end the world with their mere presence. That in of itself implies that they're multi-planetary - and if the EG's are their superiors, then would that not suggest that each of the EG's are also multi-system tier, comparable to the Ones? I do think the Ones would beat them, but it wouldn't be easy.

Here's the problem: the Ones are above just multi-system tier. Just the side effect of the Daughter's and Son's conflict could've destroyed a galaxy which possesses hundreds of planets. And this is before they ascend to a higher existence on Mortis, IIRC. At that point, they wouldn't just destroy the galaxy, but the universe itself. Heck, you can argue Palpatine to be planetary, and the Ones are all far and away his superiors. If they were to be ranked as Gods next to the EGs or the Wickeds, I'd definitely put them on a higher rank.

Regarding Yubel controlling the Sacred Beasts - having access to the cards and using them doesn't make you their better. After all, even Kagemaru could use them, but he's obviously not their superior.

Not just the cards. I recall her having the power to control their physical form, as well.

I find Numeron Dragon a contradiction to Horakhty, who is supposed to have been the one who created the universe.

I don't. The Numeron Dragon created the universe, Horakhty is the ultimate God who created everything. Thanks to Zorc and Yubel, we know there's multiple dimensions/universe in Yu-Gi-Oh. From that, I assume Horakhty created all of the universes and Numeron Dragon, who then created his own universe.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 11:40 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

@MythLord - Don't recall Yubel controlling the actual monsters, but fair enough on Horakhty and the Numeron Dragon.

Regarding the Ones, Mortis is what kept them in check, but the rest is agreeable.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 12:14 PM
MythLord
Diamond

@MythLord - Don't recall Yubel controlling the actual monsters, but fair enough on Horakhty and the Numeron Dragon.

Yeah I'm not too sure about Yubel myself. I'll need to

Regarding the Ones, Mortis is what kept them in check, but the rest is agreeable.

Mortis was also created by the Father as a pocket dimension, IIRC. Since then, they grew in power, IIRC.

Old Post May 29th, 2016 12:43 PM