KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The trailer didn't do much for me. Looks like pretty standard, generic superhero material.

I did feel a surge of girl power, of course, but other than that it was uninteresting.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 05:27 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
The best is Chronicle by far.

Originally posted by NemeBro
If we're counting superhero films that aren't based on a comic then Unbreakable is the best. thumb up

Yeah, I was thinking of comic to film, films, but if everything comic-film related, I'd add those too and Split as being some of the best story telling of the genre.

Speaking of, can't wait for M. Night's follow-up film of those two, Glass (2019).

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 05:40 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Split is great, but I wouldn't consider it a superhero film, though it is part of a larger superhero universe and the next film looks to definitely be of that genre. thumb up

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 05:46 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by quanchi112
The majority of the marvel heroes up to this point have been male so a few female ones are coming down the pike and you say no you are out. Why do people care so much?

Honestly, it's not really the movie, it's the entire state of the comics industry, this is just the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 05:48 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by NemeBro
Split is great, but I wouldn't consider it a superhero film, though it is part of a larger superhero universe and the next film looks to definitely be of that genre. thumb up

It's a supervillian film, why I'd include it if we're including Unbreakable, as Mr. Glass was as crucial to the story as David.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2018 05:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 03:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

That's a phucking retarded complaint in anyways. Some people really will nitpick anything.

I mean Black Panther is super serious 99% of the time, and never cracks a joke (Honest Trailers even poked fun at the fact that he is basically the only main hero who doesn't make quips), yet no one complains about him. And rightfully so, because it's a dumb complaint.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 04:52 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Interesting that they would complain not about her not emoting in the trailer, which is what one would expect, but specify that she should "smile" more, almost as if they were intentionally exploiting a feminist pet peeve (men telling women to smile) to troll. For reference, Kilgrave was given the catch phrase "Smile." as well as the tendency to use his compelling voice powers to make women smile to make him more loathsome and obnoxious for female viewers.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 05:06 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
That's a phucking retarded complaint in anyways. Some people really will nitpick anything.

I mean Black Panther is super serious 99% of the time, and never cracks a joke (Honest Trailers even poked fun at the fact that he is basically the only main hero who doesn't make quips), yet no one complains about him. And rightfully so, because it's a dumb complaint.

I agree and yet...the trolls were 100% not "owned" by the response lol. They pull this shit to get a reaction out of people and that is exactly what they got.

Since they are trolls there is every chance they don't actually give a shit about her smiling.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 12:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The trailer didn't do much for me. Looks like pretty standard, generic superhero material.

I did feel a surge of girl power, of course, but other than that it was uninteresting.

I just hope the movie does well cuz if not they're just gonna most likely whine and blame misogyny or something.

IMO it was dumb to set it in the 90s. I don't see why this was needed, but meh.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 12:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
I agree and yet...the trolls were 100% not "owned" by the response lol. They pull this shit to get a reaction out of people and that is exactly what they got.

Since they are trolls there is every chance they don't actually give a shit about her smiling.
They were owned and mocked right back. It was glorious but you are the kind of loser who would ***** about this, loser.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 01:26 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I just hope the movie does well cuz if not they're just gonna most likely whine and blame misogyny or something.

IMO it was dumb to set it in the 90s. I don't see why this was needed, but meh.
Who cares if it is in the 90s it had to be in the past you moron. Such a silly nitpick but you are the kind of fan who is poor so you do not support any industry you are a bum.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 01:27 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They were owned and mocked right back. It was glorious but you are the kind of loser who would ***** about this, loser.

Lol nah it wasn't ownage, it won't be debated further. Guaranteed.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 01:29 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who cares if it is in the 90s it had to be in the past you moron. Such a silly nitpick but you are the kind of fan who is poor so you do not support any industry you are a bum.

Why would it need to be set in the 90s? Don't tell me they couldn't tweak the story to fit the modern day, are they that lazy?

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 01:30 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Why would it need to be set in the 90s? Don't tell me they couldn't tweak the story to fit the modern day, are they that lazy?
They has to pick a time nick fury was younger and for this to work. Who cares besides your dem hating vagina.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 01:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They has to pick a time nick fury was younger and for this to work. Who cares besides your dem hating vagina.

Why did they need to pick a time when he was young? Explain why the intellectual capacity to adapt the story to modern times was lacking?

"They just wanted it to be in the 90s cuz it would be something different" is fine. "It NEEDED to be in the 90s" makes no sense unless they suffer from a lack of imagination.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 01:36 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Setting it in the 90's allows them to do things they otherwise wouldn't be able to do, like have Nick Fury be a major character and have Agent Coulson in it. Plus it's just a unique time period that hasn't been shown in the MCU yet. Plus it kind of makes her more mysterious knowing that she's been around all this time, yet not active, despite her seemingly enormous power level.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 07:21 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's her origins backstory film, setting it in the current timeline wouldn't really work so well, considering the events of Infinity War.

Also, as a fan of the 90's, I'm glad they choose that decade instead of the 50's, 60's, 70,s or 80's.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 08:10 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
Setting it in the 90's allows them to do things they otherwise wouldn't be able to do, like have Nick Fury be a major character and have Agent Coulson in it. Plus it's just a unique time period that hasn't been shown in the MCU yet. Plus it kind of makes her more mysterious knowing that she's been around all this time, yet not active, despite her seemingly enormous power level.

From the previews and the end of Infinity War, seems she's not been on Earth and doing her thing in another part of the galaxy

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 08:11 PM
riv6672

Yeah, that beeper has got some range on it!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2018 08:18 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote