KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Captain Marvel

Captain Marvel
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (76): « First ... « 72 73 [74] 75 76 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But isnt Superman super powerful just because.

Not complaining, just curious as to what the issue with that is.

Never have been a big fan of Superman, either.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 07:54 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What they need to do is tone down the "i am woman hear me roar" stuff and focus on cool stuff, like going after the Kree.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 09:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I don’t recall that ever being an issue in the film. Other than that cringy cockpit line during the scenes where the Skrulls were viewing her past, there was very little “OMG FEMINISM” moments.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 10:12 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carthage
I don’t recall that ever being an issue in the film. Other than that cringy cockpit line during the scenes where the Skrulls were viewing her past, there was very little “OMG FEMINISM” moments.

You don't recall the "I'm just a girl" fight sequence?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 10:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Surprisingly little, yeah.

Her power-up at the end was too hardcore, though. As we can see in the last few scenes and in Endgame.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2019 10:30 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
You don't recall the "I'm just a girl" fight sequence?

laughing out loud

Yeah, it was tacky as shit.

What they need to do is tone down the "i am woman hear me roar" stuff and focus on cool stuff, like going after the Kree.

Agree.

This movie was awful. Even my wife was bored. She started playing with her phone halfway through. I am honestly surprised that Marvel put out such a piece of schlock like this. While I don't care for all superhero movies I at least have to acknowledge that they are largely well-done. But that is not the case with this one. It's a mess. I didn't think the trailers looked good, but I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised like I have been with some other Marvel films.

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Jun 5th, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 12:25 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I was going in expecting chest thumping themes of feminine power and anti male propaganda and got a No Doubt song
People are clearly grasping at straws here.
The movie has its flaws but reaching political themes aren’t one of them

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 12:58 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I was going in expecting chest thumping themes of feminine power and anti male propaganda and got a No Doubt song
People are clearly grasping at straws here.
The movie has its flaws but reaching political themes aren’t one of them

Let's put it this way: the movie was made for people as dumb and ditsy as Brie Larson.

She was poorly cast on and off screen. (Or cast perfectly, depending on how you look at it.)

She was extremely lacking in eloquence off screen and I didn't even think she was very engaging or interesting on screen. And quite frankly she's not even that attractive. **shrug**

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 01:05 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Shape-shifting is a bad sci-fi cliche

It's also part of that alien races ability

as for this movie, I still like it and don't consider it "bad". For me bad is Spider-Man Homecoming.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 01:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
...as for this movie, I still like it and don't consider it "bad". For me bad is Spider-Man Homecoming.

Oh yeah, Homecoming wasn't good either.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2019 01:44 AM
Flyattractor

Ok.. I am gonna have to clear my throat for this one...So watch this....

....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 05:43 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Ok.. I am gonna have to clear my throat for this one...So watch this....

....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA!!!!!!!!

One of the dumbest youtube videos i've seen. Man, you try way too hard.

By Stoic

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 09:44 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oh yeah, Homecoming wasn't good either.

Homecoming was Citizen Kane compared to this movie.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 09:49 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Homecoming was Citizen Kane compared to this movie.

Yeah, Homecoming was weak as fu#k, but I agree that it was still better than this POS.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 10:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really did enjoy Homecoming though. Maybe the actors made it good.

We also didn't see an alien cat make Nick Fury look like a b*tch, that's a plus.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2019 10:02 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by tkitna

That's his lot in life.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 03:14 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by tkitna

Originally posted by Kazenji
That's his lot in life.

Sad to see such unhappy MCU Shillcucks.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 06:30 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Sad to see such unhappy MCU Shillcucks.

Hi, DC shill cuck.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 06:37 AM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Eon Blue
Hi, DC shill cuck.

See....So Unhappy.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 06:49 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

Watching this again 2nite, hopefully it's aged well enough.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 22nd, 2020 09:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote