KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Dallas Police Ambushed by Snipers

Dallas Police Ambushed by Snipers
Started by: Time-Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Police killed one of the shooters with a robot.

Did it say "dead or alive, you're coming with me"?

Cause that would be awesome

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 04:35 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

They sent the robot to set off one of his ied's that was close by him. He died from his own creation.

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 04:47 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That is actually hilarious.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 05:05 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drone Pilot
Restricted

Account Restricted

Prepped and ready to launch a few hellfires. Turn downtown Dallas into Pakistan, job done. Insurgents everywhere.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 07:57 PM
Drone Pilot is currently offline Click here to Send Drone Pilot a Private Message Find more posts by Drone Pilot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even without the bombings Pakistan seems like kind of a shitty place to live so I'm voting no we don't turn any place into anything resembling Pakistan.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 09:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Even without the bombings Pakistan seems like kind of a shitty place to live so I'm voting no we don't turn any place into anything resembling Pakistan.

I don't know why people say bringing democracy to Iraq and Afghanistan was a failure. They have meaningless elections for politicians everyone hates and hundreds of people die in random senseless violence every day. Sounds exactly like American democracy to me.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 11:11 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Originally posted by jaden101
I don't know why people say bringing democracy to Iraq and Afghanistan was a failure. They have meaningless elections for politicians everyone hates and hundreds of people die in random senseless violence every day. Sounds exactly like American democracy to me.

You forgot "religious zealotry."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2016 11:53 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yep, the Islamists in these other countries sure do make you appreciate Christians more. We are lucky that is the major religion here. Things aren't perfect, but it could be a whole lot worse.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 12:50 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
That is actually hilarious.

Read a few stories, the police seemingly used their own explosive device delivered via robot to kill the shooter.

The shooter's claim that he had placed explosives around the area turned out to be false as multiple police-sweeps found zero explosives.

Even if the shooter had placed bombs around the area, it would be highly unlikely that the police would use one due to safety reasons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...illed-shooting-

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/08/us/ph...rling-protests/

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 9th, 2016 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 04:03 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I don't condone the shootings at all. That said, I'm surprised there aren't more like him out there, black men who've snapped and had enough of police brutality and murder with impunity, taking it back to the source.

This somehow makes me think of the O.J. verdict again - O.J. was most likely guilty, but got off because the trial became a referendum on the long, racist history of the LAPD, with the Rodney King fiasco just three years earlier.

sad

And now, following this...a black man found hanging from a tree in Atlanta.

http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matt...e-atlanta-park/

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 04:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

What I just can't understand is the way police are trained to begin with:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/fa...ting-minnesota/

Why are officers taught that there is a reason to have their weapon out and ready during a citation stop for a taillight that's out? This is the reason that these non-incidents escalate so quickly.

As to this shooting, it's just not surprising. You can only have this kind of thing going on for so long before there's a backlash. There are videos of police in AZ releasing dogs on people of all colors simply out in their yards at an apartment complex. There are videos of people of all colors being murdered by police. The incident down in Louisiana where the cops pulled over the guy and then opened fire into the car despite there being a child inside. Yes, the attacks are mostly against minorities, but police in general are overly-adversarial in the way that they approach many of the encounters that they are in. The decades worth of footage that has given world's wildest police chases fodder to feed off of shows the mentality that has been and continues to be pervasive in law enforcement in the US. Heck, there's a thread on these forums about that FBI agent who assaulted and pulled a gun on a 14 year old when he shouldn't have even been involved in the situation in the first place; he received not so much as an official reprimand.

Regardless of color, sex, age, or other, I doubt that most Americans look favorably on police in general at this moment. They are not trained in a way that mirrors their "protect and serve" motto in the majority of cases, and it's led to the current situation. If they continue acting as they have been I'm sure there will be more incidents like this, which is unfortunate because it's not the majority of officers who act this way, but a large enough minority that people believe there is reason to fear any encounter with cops.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:18 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MS Warehouse

I beg to differ. I'd say most americans look unfavorably on blm now. This wasn't bound to happen. Nothing is "bound" to happen when something occurs less than 1% of the time. These idiots killed whatever traction blm had.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 06:20 PM
MS Warehouse is currently offline Click here to Send MS Warehouse a Private Message Find more posts by MS Warehouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They have dash cams on all police cruisers now, right? If they just standardized those wireless web cams on the chests of police officers, then the police wouldn't have anything to hide. We could see later on if they were right or wrong in their actions, taking away the contradictory he said/ he said testimony. But once again, that's probably a state to state question you can't enforce from Washington.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 07:46 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Heck, there's a thread on these forums about that FBI agent who assaulted and pulled a gun on a 14 year old when he shouldn't have even been involved in the situation in the first place; he received not so much as an official reprimand.

It's because he wasn't black. When the cop threw the black girl around in the classroom it was a big deal.

quote:
I doubt that most Americans look favorably on police in general at this moment.

Then they should also not be looking favorably at the black community due to how brutal it is. Fair is fair, right?

Why is it with these things people ignore the huge elephant in the room? Why? Because the truth is uncomfortable?

Originally posted by MS Warehouse
[B]I beg to differ. I'd say most americans look unfavorably on blm now.

Especially after the one BLM chick got up during a vigil for the Orlando victims and started spouting off about black people and stuff. Again: this was at a vigil for the dead, and she was there saying "I wish this many people came to our BLM rallies". Utterly disgusting. So now I'm of the mind of: f*ck the entire group and anyone who associates with them or thinks they are a positive force.

If I went to a BLM matter and got up and began talking about the massive black on black crime or the homicide rates for the black population they'd freak out and yell and all this stuff and call me racist.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 9th, 2016 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 08:13 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

The best thing about this whole situation is that there must've been a tactical meeting on how to deal with the situation and out of all the ideas that would have been suggested "stick a claymore mine on the front of a robot" was considered the best.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 10:03 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jaden101
The best thing about this whole situation is that there must've been a tactical meeting on how to deal with the situation and out of all the ideas that would have been suggested "stick a claymore mine on the front of a robot" was considered the best.

RIP to that robot that sacrificed itself.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2016 11:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do people think they have the right to block the interstates over a protest? Or throw shit like molotov cocktails at cops. Are these the people we are supposed to feel bad for?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rth-day-n606556

Even had protests here in Chicago where more traffic was blocked. I wouldn't let them block me. Go to the ghetto and organize and clean up those streets, do something valuable with your time and energy. Improve your own community so they commit less crime and are thus less likely to get killed by the cops.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 10th, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 11:01 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some interesting stats if they are true:

"during the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites. This figure is consistent with reports from 2008, the last year DOJ released similar statistics."

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 11:25 AM
you get thorns
village idiot

Adolph Hitler was a great leader who had the best interests of his constituents in mind as he lead his country.

I guarantee that is fact.

Interestingly enough most here agree with my original post. I guess we just need to work on literacy and comprehension.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 04:02 PM
you get thorns is currently offline Click here to Send you get thorns a Private Message Find more posts by you get thorns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by you get thorns
Adolph Hitler was a great leader who had the best interests of his constituents in mind as he lead his country.

I guarantee that is fact.

Okay?

quote:
I guess we just need to work on literacy and comprehension.

Yes, you certainly do need to work on those things.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2016 04:15 PM