KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 166 167 [168] 169 170 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Kenobi would always be superior to Grievous. Don't make me laugh, kiddo.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 02:58 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I agree and disagree with Grievous.

I mean, to me the Clone Wars Grievous is the correct Grievous.

He is treacherous, evil! He is a mastermind mother****er! I mean, he knows when to attack and when to retreat!

Not a coward that i can assure you, he is more of a sly villain. He won't stay and die in a stupid fashion.

Besides, you've got to remember that Grievous doesn't possess TK or force powers! Yet somehow he still manages to make Master Jedi's like Obi Wan and Kit Fisto fall back.

Yeah i guess you are right with that. Still, it's obvious the Grievous portrayed in the movie is nowhere in resemblance of the CW grievous or the previous series grievous.

You need to remember that most characters got a boost in the original SW cartoon.

Dooku could glide, Obi was deflecting blaster spam with the Force with ease (one-handed feat, too)...

Characters tend to excel outside of the core source material.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 10:08 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Also Grievous coughs in TCW episodes as well, so his movie cough wasnt Just down to a Windu crushing him

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 12:23 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Also Grievous coughs in TCW episodes as well, so his movie cough wasnt Just down to a Windu crushing him

I could have sworn it went like this: We have the original Clone Wars cartoons that aired before ep 3. We have the CGI Clone Wars shows that came out after ep 3.

In the original series, the final episode shows Mace use the force on Grievous and give him his cough. If you did not see the episode you wouldn't know why he coughed.

Even if in the cartoon it was shown it would still require you watch the cartoon to know why he is gagging.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 3rd, 2018 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 05:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can't even see how Obi Wan could have beaten Grievous realistically if Grievous made it so that two of his 4 arms just never ever stopped spinning while holding lightsabers. But he didn't take full advantage of that.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 05:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You need to remember that most characters got a boost in the original SW cartoon.

Dooku could glide, Obi was deflecting blaster spam with the Force with ease (one-handed feat, too)...

Characters tend to excel outside of the core source material.

Well remember that the 2000's CGI effects weren't as good.. So the powers depicted in the prequels were product of the technology of the time.

Originally posted by Darth Thor

Yeah, still i would say he was weaker by the ROTS than what we was in CW/AOTC.

Greivous had suffered several attacks to his body and also his age was a factor to consider.

Originally posted by Surtur
I can't even see how Obi Wan could have beaten Grievous realistically if Grievous made it so that two of his 4 arms just never ever stopped spinning while holding lightsabers. But he didn't take full advantage of that.

I think it was more of a production error than Grievous himself being that weak.

I mean, to me Obi Wan defeated Grievous too easily/fast. Why? Well The ROTS was ment to focus on Sidious, Anakin, Yoda and the other main characters rather than on Grievous.

Even Dooku got a precipitated death to my consideration.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:23 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I mean, to me Obi Wan defeated Grievous too easily/fast. Why? Well The ROTS was ment to focus on Sidious, Anakin, Yoda and the other main characters rather than on Grievous.

You make sense.

Durge was rumoured to appear in RotS.

But even if he was indeed included in the original script, Lucas kicked him out and he was offed in the comic that led directly to RotS...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 06:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

You make sense.

Durge was rumoured to appear in RotS.

But even if he was indeed included in the original script, Lucas kicked him out and he was offed in the comic that led directly to RotS...

To me SW's greatest problem is the enormous leaps in story and events.

They could have made an entire Saga out of the Prequels! They just leave too much things out.

Even the main movies! Look at A new hope-Return of the Jedi! Everything revolves around Luke, whilst Sidious and Vader get opaqued and even ignored!

I honestly think they should recreate the movies, i'd be eager to watch a more juicy SW universe.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:33 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

That's what Expanded Universe is for. I like SW as a whole, not just the movies.

So many great books, comics, video games, cartoons. Would like to see a TV show; Disney is planning one.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 07:38 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

That's what Expanded Universe is for. I like SW as a whole, not just the movies.

So many great books, comics, video games, cartoons. Would like to see a TV show; Disney is planning one.

Yeah yeah, but you know how things are...People often believe that the movies take precedence over the EU.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 09:06 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well remember that the 2000's CGI effects weren't as good.. So the powers depicted in the prequels were product of the technology of the time.

Yeah, still i would say he was weaker by the ROTS than what we was in CW/AOTC.

Greivous had suffered several attacks to his body and also his age was a factor to consider.

I think it was more of a production error than Grievous himself being that weak.

I also thought it was really stupid that in ROTS when they located Grievous on that one planet and knew he was the key to ending the war they only sent 1 jedi.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 09:22 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well Grievous getting mauled by most of the Jedi Counsel together would’ve been no fun, and most of them would’ve still died right after anyway because of Order 66.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2018 10:54 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I also thought it was really stupid that in ROTS when they located Grievous on that one planet and knew he was the key to ending the war they only sent 1 jedi.

Yeah. To me it was all a production mistake.

It's reasonable, they should've at least sent Anakin or more Jedi's to engage Grievous, specially knowing how powerful he is.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well Grievous getting mauled by most of the Jedi Counsel together would’ve been no fun, and most of them would’ve still died right after anyway because of Order 66.

Still sending 1 Jedi was quite stupid considering how good and treacherous Grievous was.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 02:55 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

sorry but grievous just sucked.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:03 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i mean yeah he looked cool thumb up

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:03 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

The Best Grevious was from the Org Genndey Tartoskvy(?) Clone Wars Toon

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:25 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They were stretched thin AND it was Kenobi.

I mean, no, it's not a spectacularly good idea, but it's not terrible either. It's Kenobi. The #3 Jedi of them all.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Yeah yeah, but you know how things are...People often believe that the movies take precedence over the EU.

Yeah. "Purest canon".

Thing is, Disney intends to mass-produce movies and look what it got us. The Last Jedi. I sure hope it was last...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 04:30 AM
zeel

Anybody hear looking to buy any of The Last Jedi toy's for like 90% off, as soon as I get a link to my sisters website ill post. We cant sell any of the star wars toy. We still have 5 imperial walkers, last one we sold was 40 bucks they originaly priced at 400 bucks. Hehe. Good luck trying to sell the Rey figurines they are selling for $1.00 they were originally 30 bucks.

LOL my sister is so pissed.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 06:10 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
sorry but grievous just sucked.

laughing out loud You realize he is amongst the villains with the highest Jedi killcount in SW?

Id recommend you to reconsider your words.

Originally posted by -Pr-
They were stretched thin AND it was Kenobi.

I mean, no, it's not a spectacularly good idea, but it's not terrible either. It's Kenobi. The #3 Jedi of them all.

Against a treacherous elite swordman.

It would have been wiser to send Anakin with Kenobi to seal the deal.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2018 03:27 PM