KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Started by: Firefly218

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (210): « First ... « 62 63 [64] 65 66 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Slowpoke

The villains are the worst part of the movie. Think about Vader, Tarkin, Palpatine and those imperial officials.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:32 AM
Slowpoke is currently offline Click here to Send Slowpoke a Private Message Find more posts by Slowpoke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Luke was treated like trash in this movie.
Luke is trash. I kept telling Playa and I was laughing my ass off. Loved it.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:51 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Estacado
Well this movie was meh....

quan wont be d1ckridin Snoke no more....
Snoke is my favorite Star Wars character and if you think I'm not going to Snoke this forum you don't know me very well.

The film greats are a quadruple threat of greatness.

Thanos, Voldemort, Khan, and Snoke.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:54 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I'd rather rewatch Justice League than the Last Jedi any day of the week.

And I'm a hardcore Star Wars fan since I was a kid in the 80's.
**** no this film went in new directions. Granted every decision and choice wasn't something I'd do but they went off the reservation. Firstly I hear people complain they want it to deviate then when it does people say it stabbed their childhood. Still I'd say it's either my second or third favorite Star Wars film. I'll need to rewatch it to be sure. Opinions vary and Snoke is the ****ing greatest Star Wars character. Brevity can be so ****ing perfect at times.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:00 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

don't get kmc these days.. anyways @darth thor.. I am just pointing things out.. people always wanna use the audience score yet does it really truly matter when people are looking for something to go see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Last edited by BruceSkywalker on Dec 17th, 2017 at 04:13 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:06 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I didn't mind the movie, but some of the decisions were definitely level 5 WTF moments for me.

(please log in to view the image)

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:42 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by quanchi112
Snoke is my favorite Star Wars character and if you think I'm not going to Snoke this forum you don't know me very well.

The film greats are a quadruple threat of greatness.

Thanos, Voldemort, Khan, and Snoke.
laughing laughing laughing

Sorry but no one in the world will agree with you that Snoke is the greatest Star Wars character. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He was a plot device to move the story forward and give Kylo a "Heroic"moment.... Snoke was "SO POWERFUL"that he wasn't adept enough in the force to sense the lightsaber RIGHT NEXT TO HIM being manipulated by the force?! WHAT? lol. Sorry, but Snoke never does anything MORE impressive than the Emperor. Emperor's feats in Episode 3 and 6 are far more impressive than Snoke and his SWIFT exit from the new Trilogy. Snoke has MAYBE a total of 20 combined minutes screen time across 2 films. Snoke died talking mad shit about how great he was and HOW MUCH HE COULD SENSE THE FORCE and yet was done in by Kylo who can't even defeat Rey.........What a great and powerful villain indeed... laughing laughing

https://i.redd.it/zcq8z2qp38401.gif

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Last edited by CPT Space Bomb on Dec 17th, 2017 at 08:02 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 07:58 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Instead of relying on some website why don't you know.....like ask people whos saw it? A lot of people where I live did not like the movie.

I have asked people who saw it. And the ones who aren’t SW fanatics like me seemed to have really enjoyed it.

Also the people you or I know are not going to be a large enough sample. So not the best way of gauging that anyway.

Still I do find it interesting how the less reliable RT Audience score is so low compared to both TFA and R1.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 10:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
don't get kmc these days.. anyways @darth thor.. I am just pointing things out.. people always wanna use the audience score yet does it really truly matter when people are looking for something to go see

What don’t you get? People are entitled to have opinions instead of just saying they Love it because, you know, Disney made it. Quality matters.

People are hyped up and will watch it regardless. I’ve not praised it, but have already seen it twice.

Anyway it got an “A” cinemascore which is a lot more reliable than other audience scores. Because with cinemascores you can’t make sock accounts, and it’s verified you’ve seen the movie.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 10:57 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:07 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Same tomatometer, but TLJ's audience score is much lower.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:55 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Cinemscore does have a A for this movie but from what I hear they only poll a very small percentage of movie goers on opening day which would be mostly fanboys.

And to those who claim people make sock accounts to rate the movies with a low score, at the same time that can go the other way as they can create sock accounts to give the movie a high score.

From what I am hearing online and from people I talk to the 56% audience score seems accurate to me. Shit, I'd rather rewatch the Last Knight than the Last Jedi.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Last edited by juggernaut74 on Dec 17th, 2017 at 01:28 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:23 PM
juggernaut74 is online now! Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Not sure what to make of this movie. There were some great scenes, bad ones, many f*cking weird ones, and the plot was a bit curious. I expect it will take a second or even third viewing before I decide whether I like it or not.

Tbh this is how I feel. I instantly said I’m disappointed but truth is I’m still trying to wrap my head around this film. The third act was certainly more entertaining than TFA’s 3rd Act.

I think Hamill and Serkis have probably saved his film tbh.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:27 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Saved? It was beyond saving.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:36 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
laughing laughing laughing

Sorry but no one in the world will agree with you that Snoke is the greatest Star Wars character. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He was a plot device to move the story forward and give Kylo a "Heroic"moment.... Snoke was "SO POWERFUL"that he wasn't adept enough in the force to sense the lightsaber RIGHT NEXT TO HIM being manipulated by the force?! WHAT? lol. Sorry, but Snoke never does anything MORE impressive than the Emperor. Emperor's feats in Episode 3 and 6 are far more impressive than Snoke and his SWIFT exit from the new Trilogy. Snoke has MAYBE a total of 20 combined minutes screen time across 2 films. Snoke died talking mad shit about how great he was and HOW MUCH HE COULD SENSE THE FORCE and yet was done in by Kylo who can't even defeat Rey.........What a great and powerful villain indeed... laughing laughing

https://i.redd.it/zcq8z2qp38401.gif

That is fine since I don't validation by anyone in the world. Opinions vary and it appears I am the only Snoke fan. That suits me fine.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:54 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Nephthys
g]https://78.media.tumblr.com/f405196da9a9c678b7c3d4bcadd943a5/tumblr_p11a0z1VMo1sxkh4jo1_500.png[/img]
Exactly the same people who chastised the first one for being too safe are probably the same ones who are saying this took too many chances. A truly nostalgic based fanbase who damn it if they do and damn it if they don't.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:57 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Cinemscore does have a A for this movie but from what I hear they only poll a very small percentage of movie goers on opening day which would be mostly fanboys.

And to those who claim people make sock accounts to rate the movies with a low score, at the same time that can go the other way as they can create sock accounts to give the movie a high score.

From what I am hearing online and from people I talk to the 56% audience score seems accurate to me. Shit, I'd rather rewatch the Last Knight than the Last Jedi.
You watched the Last Knight. laughing out loud

Last Jedi was great. It wasn't perfect but it went into new territory and gave truly great moments.

I do wonder if the divisiveness will cause Disney to 86 Johnson and his new trilogy which would be terrible.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 01:59 PM
WolvesofBabylon
Welcome to the machine

I enjoyed it overall. 7/10. Snoke was garbage though. I am a huge fan of the OT but Honestly don't mind moving on to nrw characters.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:36 PM
WolvesofBabylon is currently offline Click here to Send WolvesofBabylon a Private Message Find more posts by WolvesofBabylon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Exactly the same people who chastised the first one for being too safe are probably the same ones who are saying this took too many chances. A truly nostalgic based fanbase who damn it if they do and damn it if they don't.

And likewise the same people who defended TFA being a rehash are now praising TLJ for taking numerous chances.

IOW they will praise these films no matter what and criticise nothing. So that line of reasoning can be used both ways.

Everyone should be more secure in their own opinions that they don’t get butthurt if others feel differently.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 03:48 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I loved the Force Awakens, I saw it twice in the theater and watched it probably 25 times by now. I have no desire to see the Last Jedi again.

F*ck Green Lantern was a better movie than this.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:17 PM
juggernaut74 is online now! Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote