KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Aquaman (2018)

Aquaman (2018)
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (116): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Disney having control of DC's comics division would be a disaster. Movies? As long as they don't end up like TLJ, it could be good.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 11:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Think DC films could really use Kevin Feige at the helm.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 12:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, they do need some central figure in charge, that's for sure.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 01:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Last Jedi is infinitely better than anything DC has done in a decade film wise, lol

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 02:10 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
The Last Jedi is infinitely better than anything DC has done in a decade film wise, lol

Wonder Woman would disagree; it's easily a better film imo. You could make the argument that Man Of Steel is better too.

Then there's TDK and TDKR.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Last edited by -Pr- on Feb 27th, 2018 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 02:38 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah TDK is like considered one of the best films ever made. TLJ is not Lol

Carthage just making moronic statements as usual.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 04:16 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Wonder Woman was a standard origin story which got acclaimed due to it having a female lead. In comparison to MCU films its fairly standard even with its generic as Hell villain and love interest. It’s at best adequate and MOS has so many divisive plot elements (constant destruction, Superman killing, backwards narrative) that it’s hardly as good either. DC just can’t make a film with anywhere near as much skill as Marvel post TDK, but keep resting on the laurels of a film made a decade ago :up

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 05:02 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Let's see if Hamada can make a difference.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 05:54 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wonder Woman was a standard origin story which got acclaimed due to it having a female lead. In comparison to MCU films its fairly standard even with its generic as Hell villain and love interest. It’s at best adequate and MOS has so many divisive plot elements (constant destruction, Superman killing, backwards narrative) that it’s hardly as good either. DC just can’t make a film with anywhere near as much skill as Marvel post TDK, but keep resting on the laurels of a film made a decade ago :up

imo, Wonder Woman is considerably better than all but the very best the MCU has to offer.

MoS, even with being the way it was, was better than TLJ imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:08 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please don't make this movie

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:25 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Justice League was so much better then TLJ.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:26 PM
Blindside12 is currently offline Click here to Send Blindside12 a Private Message Find more posts by Blindside12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by -Pr-
imo, Wonder Woman is considerably better than all but the very best the MCU has to offer.

Really. Wow.
I thought it was good but not that good. The best parts of it were Wonder Woman and Trevor and the first half, everything else fell flat for me.
It was better than any other dceu movie and I think that's why it gets so much praise.

But don't get the people that say that it's some sort of game-changing great movie or something. I though it was decent but that's it.
MOS , let's not even get into that smile

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:31 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Well everyones own opinions aside, it was critically acclaimed and eaten up by audiences (domestically at least).

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:36 PM
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Inhuman
Really. Wow.
I thought it was good but not that good. The best parts of it were Wonder Woman and Trevor and the first half, everything else fell flat for me.
It was better than any other dceu movie and I think that's why it gets so much praise.

But don't get the people that say that it's some sort of game-changing great movie or something. I though it was decent but that's it.
MOS , let's not even get into that smile

You really are some sort of idiot if you think WW was a sub par movie and only got good reviews cause it had a Woman lead.

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:38 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Blindside12
You really are some sort of idiot if you think WW was a sub par movie and only got good reviews cause it had a Woman lead.

Oh, hey its resident ass clown T.I. back on the scene

Welcome back.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 27th, 2018 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:43 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Wonder Woman was wack but gets by on the fact that Gadot and Pine had chemistry and it's in general a 'feel good' movie. Most of the film is lackluster once they leave Themiscyra. The villains range from cartoonish to forgettable and the last act is a joke. The first segment on the island and her run through the town taking out troops after the No Man's Land scene are pretty much all it's got going for it.

Man of Steel is the DCEU's best film and it too suffers from a bad final act. That seems to be an issue with most comic films regardless of which company is making them since they always try to pay the films off with a big battle finale. If Man of Steel had ended after Kal repelled Zod, Faora and Nam Ek in Smallville and the US General saying "This man is not our enemy" leading into Man of Steel 2 where he and the World gear up to unite against the Kryptonian invasion Man of Steel would have been on par with Batman Begins. Instead we got a robotic squid battle, dub step World Engine Gravity pancaking of Metropolis, and the hit or miss Zod vs. Supes fight ending in a controversial (for some, not me) neck break that soured and split the audience. Still overall a better movie than Wonder Woman, and The Last Jedi as well.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:45 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blindside12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Inhuman
Oh, hey its resident ass clown T.I. back on the scene

Welcome back.

Huh?

Thanks Esta!

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:46 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Blindside12
Huh?

:Wink, Wink:

@Delph, word thumb up

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 07:48 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Lets get back to Aquaman. At least early word is good.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 08:45 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
Wonder Woman would disagree; it's easily a better film imo. You could make the argument that Man Of Steel is better too.

Then there's TDK and TDKR.

WW was great. thumb up

Old Post Feb 27th, 2018 09:11 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote