KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Apocalypse vs. Darkseid

Apocalypse vs. Darkseid
Started by: Dynomaiteru

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dynomaiteru

Apocalypse vs. Darkseid

In general, who would win?
Location would be in Cairo like in the movie X-Men: Apocalypse.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2016 10:57 PM
Dynomaiteru is currently offline Click here to Send Dynomaiteru a Private Message Find more posts by Dynomaiteru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Apocalypse.

Darkseid and Thanos are overrated and deserve to spend an eternity looking at each other's butts.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2016 05:46 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Which versions?

DCAU has no way of breaking Animated Darkseid's shields, and Apocalypse can just grow in size and ragdoll him or atomize him with his energy blasts- honestly the same can be said for the film version too since Darkseid has no experience with transmutation.

Not sure about comic versions

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2016 06:42 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Any version of Darkseid can beat any version of Acrapalypse

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:17 AM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
Which versions?

DCAU has no way of breaking Animated Darkseid's shields, and Apocalypse can just grow in size and ragdoll him or atomize him with his energy blasts- honestly the same can be said for the film version too since Darkseid has no experience with transmutation.

I think DCAU Darkseid when he had been upgraded in the finale could be a good fight for animated Apocalypse. His OE could bring Superman down easily and that was before his power up. He could also one shot people like J'onn with it.

He also has the agony matrix thing he used on Superman, which stimulates all the pain receptors at once. He also basically wasn't harmed despite Superman using full force.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Agony Matrix was awesome, yeah.

Seid fused with Brainiac tech was really formidable, too bad we didn't see that version in comics.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:34 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

His also quite casually destroyed Lex's Legion of Doom spaceship which some kind of power that wasn't the OE(it showed his hand glowing before it happened). Oh and he can teleport interplanetary distances.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Giving this to Apocalypse.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:47 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by carthage

Comic DS would crush Apoc like an ant.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:47 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Comic DS would crush Apoc like an ant.

Depends on which version of DS you use. Pre Crisis would. Post crisis Darkseid tended to job. He does have some good feats though, but I believe Apocalypse at his strongest is also a powerful telepath. I think PC Darkseid could laugh it off, but not sure on the post crisis versions telepathic defenses. Though I think current Darkseid in the NU would indeed crush him.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:49 PM
ares834

Pre and post-Crisis Darkseid is the same character. He wasn't affected by the crisis.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:52 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RadZoa

Originally posted by Surtur
Depends on which version of DS you use. Pre Crisis would. Post crisis Darkseid tended to job. He does have some good feats though, but I believe Apocalypse at his strongest is also a powerful telepath. I think PC Darkseid could laugh it off, but not sure on the post crisis versions telepathic defenses. Though I think current Darkseid in the NU would indeed crush him.
Post Crisis would kill Acrapalypse with ease.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 09:33 PM
RadZoa is currently offline Click here to Send RadZoa a Private Message Find more posts by RadZoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Apocalypse, as the name suggests, is a global threat, but Darkseid without restrictions/jobbing is generally a universal threat. Maybe if it's animated series Apocalypse vs animated Darkseid before the Brainiac merge he'd have a chance, but otherwise Darkseid wins.

Poccy needs some love in the comics again, but won't happen with how X-Men/mutants are generally treated in that medium now...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 10:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Surtur
You bring up Darkseid's tendency to job as some form of evidence that he would lose to Jobberpocalypse?

Comic Darkseid would casually destroy Apocalypse. Any version of Apocalypse.

Animated versions? Don't know about the older XMEN cartoon, but Evolutions Apocalypse would also probably lose to DCAU Darkseid. Apoc was basically unstoppable by conventional means in that show, but none of the X-Men were even near the same ballpark as DCAU Superman to my recollection.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 10:36 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Apocalypse, as the name suggests, is a global threat, but Darkseid without restrictions/jobbing is generally a universal threat. Maybe if it's animated series Apocalypse vs animated Darkseid before the Brainiac merge he'd have a chance, but otherwise Darkseid wins.

Poccy needs some love in the comics again, but won't happen with how X-Men/mutants are generally treated in that medium now...

Can you explain to me what your definition of a Universal threat is?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 07:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well for starters, someone whose been a threat to plenty different worlds, and not just earth, as Apocalypse is limited to.

For the record, I like Apocalypse more; he's one of my favorite villains ever for various reasons, but not seeing how he would win here.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 07:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Pre and post-Crisis Darkseid is the same character. He wasn't affected by the crisis.

I know..they are separated as characters due to massive differences in power levels.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well for starters, someone whose been a threat to plenty different worlds, and not just earth, as Apocalypse is limited to.

Eh, by this definition someone who went around destroying planets one by one would be a universal threat. Someone like Thanos with the IG is a universal threat because he could affect an entire universe simultaneously.(Killing half the universe by snapping his fingers, as opposed to systematically going from world to world wiping out people)

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 14th, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Aug 14th, 2016 10:56 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Darkseid wins.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 09:55 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Darkseid wins.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:22 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by quanchi112
Darkseid wins.
quanchi confirmed for being a more reasonable and less rabid Marvel fanboy than carver. thumb up

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 11:11 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote