KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Could Aquaman hang with Herc h2h ?

Could Aquaman hang with Herc h2h ?
Started by: Facee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Isnt AM rough equals with Namor?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 04:12 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah. my opinion has always been namor/wonderman are approx equals, just below the top tier guys like thor/herc/hyperion/ww/cm. then you got the hulk and superman. opinions will vary of course, but i think over the long haul those designations would be born out and can be supported pretty strongly, with of course, the odd exception here or there.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 04:38 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Hercules has never beaten Namor right leo? I remember two instances where they fought but they appeared about even

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 05:14 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
meh, i'd call marvel/thor/herc/ww all essential equals, a level below superman. there might be some small variation, but i don't think strength would be a deciding factor among any of them. post 52 arthur is close to ww tier imo too. that would make this reasonably close, but enough difference that i really can't see AM winning it. we both seem to agree on the main part at least.

I'd honestly put Diana a notch (however small) below the likes of Marvel in pure strength (at least preboot), but her other abilities make up for it.

Otherwise, we seem to agree yeah.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 07:19 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hercules has never beaten Namor right leo? I remember two instances where they fought but they appeared about even
yeah, but namor is, well, namor. He has some of the craziest high end showings for anyone in his tier. The guy has done well against the hulk, fought Thor, soloed Ares, sentry, and wonder man, and even made thanks bleed with his punches.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 07:30 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Sin I AM

they never fought to a definitive conclusion, but herc performed feats namor couldn't. even underwater he was able to advance against a coccooned jean grey (i think it was jean) while namor couldn't. on land hes done a few things namor couldn't. they really haven't fought each where herc was out for the kill.

still, namor does have some crazy strength feats. he's def near the top tier guys, and has too many showings to suggest otherwise.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:01 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Namor's feats at least are all legit... Herc's ones get either retconned, revealed as drunken lies or cannot be quantified (holding up the heavens).

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:09 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

huh? retconned? what feats were retconned? there is one issue of thor where the whole point of the issue was that he was telling tall tales, but anyone who took those feats as real, well, doesn't know much about thor or herc.... he pretty badly, and regularly, outperformed namor when both were in the avengers though.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:21 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Manhattan Island pulling feat:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So you see whenever the words "Aquaman" and "hang" are in the same sentence I just picture Aquaman's lifeless body hanging from a giant fish hook.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

I see that Hercules buys his chains from the same place Pre Crisis Superboy does.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:47 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

umm, how is that supposed to be a retcon of that feat.....?

Last edited by leonidas on Sep 4th, 2016 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:58 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Surtur
So you see whenever the words "Aquaman" and "hang" are in the same sentence I just picture Aquaman's lifeless body hanging from a giant fish hook.

laughing out loud

Same here...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 10:58 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I don't get the retcon.

Herc is definitely beyond Namor. Namor has gud feats, but I think he lacks the transcendent feats that the uber strong guys like Herc possesses.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Sep 5th, 2016 at 03:21 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 03:18 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I don't get the retcon.

Herc is definitely beyond Namor. Namor has gud feats, but I think he lacks the transcendent feats that the uber strong guys like Herc possesses.

he just doesn't have the cheese feats

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 08:36 PM
EcstaticGrace

Considering Shazam has the strength of Hercules and Aquaman beat up Hercules... with AC showing restraint..

On top of that Aquaman could blitz but he it's not that often he does so.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 09:04 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

*saw edit too late*

It was discussed in a few thread here and on cursed comicvine, but the way I understand this...

... Herc just held the island in place, didn't pull it.

DARKSAINT YOU YELLOW OUTSIDER COME HERE AND HELP

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 10:10 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I don't get the retcon.

*saw edit too late*

It was discussed in a few thread here and on cursed comicvine, but the way I understand this...

It DID get retconned. The second scan in the original post by stilt outright says it. And here's the reason WHY it was retconned :

Obviously Battery Park IS NOT facing the Bronx in Marvel Universe Earth (just like it doesn't IRL). So either someone fixed the rotation of Manhattan Island AFTER Herc pulled it into place (never once mentioned or hinted at) or Herc never pulled the island and exaggerated his feat (outright stated on panel).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 10:53 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

*saw edit too late*

lol

i know the discussion you're talking about. some controversy for sure. not something that i've really felt too strongly about either way. the island was cheesy when it came out, so not hard to believe it has been 'attacked'. there's def some proof that supports a retcon, but there is some support to suggest that it did happen in a typical comic-cheese way. and as cheese feats go, it's really not even all that crazy, so, yeah. retcon or no retcon, whatever.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2016 10:57 PM
DarkSaint85

Haha.

I've just been on a desert island for a few days, but zop posted the right info.

Herc exaggerated his feat into pulling the entire island, as Marvel editors realised some cheese feats were just too stupid.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 05:50 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote