KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin, Pre-Crisis Darkseid & Thanos vs Galactus

Odin, Pre-Crisis Darkseid & Thanos vs Galactus
Started by: t0sh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
There is nothing to disagree here. Galactus was sated. That's it.

It did it's job. Not optimally.

quote:
Like I said inconsequential. Shuma is at best Elder God level. Galactus isn't.

That's your opinion. The writer of Thanos Imperative disagrees.

quote:
And that's pure hyperbole. They did nothing at that level.

Tell that to the writer of Mighty Thor Annual who was speaking through Oblivion.

quote:
You're trying my patience. The swarm of those beings were simply thought forms.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2wtKy_8pe...s1600/50_12.jpg

And those Thors and Surfers were just mental selves of real deals.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0kEVy7g62...s1600/50_24.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UX0IFFzmo...s1600/50_25.jpg

Yes, thought FORMS. Thoughts given FORM capable of taking down Marvel's elite High Heralds. Scrier counters with his own creations : ONE THOUSAND Thors and Surfers to turn the tide vs the Others minions. He created THOUSANDS of High Herald level beings instantly.

quote:
That was not alternate reality. They left Galactus comatose.

Proof? Post the scan?

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2016 04:37 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by zopzop

It did it's job. Not optimally.

Proof?
quote:

That's your opinion. The writer of Thanos Imperative disagrees.

What level did he portrayed them? They were explicitly stated to be elder gods btw.

quote:

Tell that to the writer of Mighty Thor Annual who was speaking through Oblivion.

Proof of the multiverse being destroyed in their fight?

quote:

Yes, thought FORMS. Thoughts given FORM capable of taking down Marvel's elite High Heralds.

Yes, thoughts which invaded their minds.

quote:

Scrier counters with his own creations : ONE THOUSAND Thors and Surfers to turn the tide vs the Others minions. He created THOUSANDS of High Herald level beings instantly.

He gave their thoughts form and they were mental constructs only.

You're just being obtuse now.
quote:

Proof? Post the scan? [/B]

I don't have my comics now. Read SS v3 129-132.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2016 05:20 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

What level did he portrayed them? They were explicitly stated to be elder gods btw.
Scans of where they're called elder gods? Also, I thought elder gods were supposed to be above celestials? Lastly, Shuma and his brothers easily invaded a reality, killed the very concept of death, killed galactus and then resurrected him as their own weapon and then the galactus engine casually began stomping on multiple cosmic deities, celestials, and the earth 616 galactus. Seems pretty obvious to me what the intention of that arc was to me.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2016 05:28 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by deathslash
Scans of where they're called elder gods?

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
Also, I thought elder gods were supposed to be above celestials?

I don't think so. There was no such previous instance.

quote:
Lastly, Shuma and his brothers easily invaded a reality, killed the very concept of death,

That was done by a ritual where they killed the avatar of Death and killing Death by proxy.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

quote:
killed galactus and then resurrected him as their own weapon and then the galactus engine casually began stomping on multiple cosmic deities, celestials, and the earth 616 galactus. Seems pretty obvious to me what the intention of that arc was to me.

Yes, that Galactus and Celestials are below Elder Gods and skyfather level which is where they reside as per the average showings nowadays.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 05:55 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
apex_pretador

Originally posted by Dampyre
It took one blast to vaporize the shields and put Thanos down. It was implied that a second blast would destroy Thanos.

Incorrect, hee says he needs one moer blast, and he is shown using a blast with each hand.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 10:06 AM
apex_pretador is currently offline Click here to Send apex_pretador a Private Message Find more posts by apex_pretador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

I don't think so. There was no such previous instance.

That was done by a ritual where they killed the avatar of Death and killing Death by proxy.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Yes, that Galactus and Celestials are below Elder Gods and skyfather level which is where they reside as per the average showings nowadays.
I think there much closer than you think

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 02:08 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Galactus stomps
Celestials on sky father level is pathetic

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 05:50 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Give one reason why Galactus wins here.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 08:24 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i tend to agree with abhi here--2 skyfathers+thanos would be too much for galactus having fed on only 1 planet. and yes, i view pc darkseid as a skyfather though not as powerful as odin i don't think. at least not shown as consistently powerful. i do think given the close nature of the tp battle odin had, if you had ds and thanos the 3 of him could overwhelm him with tp, or do enough to allow them to take him physically.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 08:38 PM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Give one reason why Galactus wins here.

He operates above sky father level
The last time Odin faced someone with the power of Galactus,he got stomped

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 09:32 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Originally posted by Genii96

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 10:14 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tar-Antado
Secret Dunadain King

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

Not sure what this is supposed to imply. Thanos openly admitted he wasn't in Galactus' class.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2016 11:21 PM
Tar-Antado is currently offline Click here to Send Tar-Antado a Private Message Find more posts by Tar-Antado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Genii96

Give one such example.

Are you talking about Doom vs Odin? Doom had the power of CCU as well there along with several other artifacts.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 02:06 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i'd be curious to hear what galactus level being stomped odin too....

Old Post Oct 18th, 2016 12:04 PM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ASGARDIANBRONY

Originally posted by leonidas
i'd be curious to hear what galactus level being stomped odin too....

he is talking about the celestials, but believe me when I say that whole comic was utter PIS and it massively lowballed skyfathers.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 07:58 PM
ASGARDIANBRONY is currently offline Click here to Send ASGARDIANBRONY a Private Message Find more posts by ASGARDIANBRONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Odin is inferior

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 08:24 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

And Odin needed one hit to KTFO Galactus.

Guess Thanos>Galactus? More importantly, we see the same writer show Odin and Galactus to be on same level of power.

Odin unleashed his most powerful physical attack on a shieldless stationary Galactus. He was knocked out of orbit and instantly started reforming while odin told thor he couldn't even stand up.

But let's play using your logic.

Galactus stands stationary with no shields in this forum battle and stands there letting odin bull rush him. Somebody add that stipulation to the thread. Since Galactus fights in character. Which means standing still like a scarecrow without attacking.

Also, someone add the stipulation that if odin knocks himself out of orbit using his most powerful attack and can't stand up afterwards while Galactus is already back on his feet, it's a win for odin.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 01:39 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock

You missed the next 2 pages, which would have saved you time from posting this pointless scan.

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 01:40 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I know the scan is misleading but it is a badass display. Galactus reformed after he and his ship blew with him and few lower levels in it yet Thanos literally blasted Galactus out of his ship yards away.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 21st, 2016 09:33 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Odin unleashed his most powerful physical attack on a shieldless stationary Galactus. He was knocked out of orbit and instantly started reforming while odin told thor he couldn't even stand up.

Is that so?

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Odin was actually awake at the time Galactus was KTFO. Instantly reforming, eh?

quote:
But let's play using your logic.

Galactus stands stationary with no shields in this forum battle and stands there letting odin bull rush him. Somebody add that stipulation to the thread. Since Galactus fights in character. Which means standing still like a scarecrow without attacking.

Yes, a shieldless Odin oneshotted shieldless Galactus. What about it?

quote:
Also, someone add the stipulation that if odin knocks himself out of orbit using his most powerful attack and can't stand up afterwards while Galactus is already back on his feet, it's a win for odin.

Galactus getting back on his feet because he didn't use any of his powers isn't a feat for him. He got oneshotted and while he was koed, Odin was awake.

That's a win by any stretch.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 03:46 AM