KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kal Kent VERSUS Rune King Thor

Kal Kent VERSUS Rune King Thor
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
FOOL!!!!

If you actually READ comics you would know that it was EXPLICITLY stated that ALL Mxy appearances are canon.

Rune King Thor beheads an EMO, EGGPLANT, like, Thanos, NOT the MIGHTY KAL KENT!!!
Then post the scan.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:22 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Rune King Thor was implied to be incredibly powerful, cosmic in scale but he wasn't a battle board character. There isn't much to define him. He's definitely at least high end Skyfather in level. It was implied in Loki's book that the TWSAIS are actually the Beyonders which would indicate at least cosmic level power and would finally give us a more clear hierarchy placement.

He wins here though. Conceptually speaking, I believe he was on a level beyond this. It reminded me of Ion Kyle. Not much feats but we were dealing with a level of power where nothing required a power challenge. His mortal experiences allowed him to shield his thoughts and machinations from TWSAIS but make no mistake, he acted without any fear or regard for their power and spat in their faces even in their own seat of power. They could do nothing to stop him and as witnessed they have no problem exerting complete power over the Gods. As a matter of fact, they even offered him a seat at their table to become one of them.

Agreed, he comes off as more "ascended" than SMOM.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:30 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by quanchi112
Then post the scan.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:53 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice to see the alll knowing LOB doesn't know the definition of an elsewhere tale.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 12:37 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Mr Master
thumb up ... If I hadn't found this easily attainable info, I'd never would've accepted Thor doing his thing in their faces,
unless he was definitely more power than them. Now, it's still a mystery, but at-least it makes more sense.

Those Who Sit Above in Shadow ...

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/thosewhositthor.htm

Powers/Abilities:

"In their own Realm, this might be true,
and they were probably incredibly powerful seeing as they absorb massive amounts of energy
from the cycle of death and rebirth of Asgard,
which should give them power beyond belief.
However,
they seemed to have very limited control outside their own Realm, as they could not stop Thor from acting.
"

Mr M

that guy speculating isn't exactly ironclad.... anyway, i mentioned that earlier as a possible reason too because it does make some sense and allows for a reasonable excuse for those above even though no real excuse beyond the purpose of the plot is necessary, imo. i agree with your conclusion though--we don't know if thor was more powerful than them for sure and if so by how much. we still don't even know who they are, though i don't buy the bit about them being beyonders for a second....

btw--anyone got scans of their most recent/current appearances?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 01:11 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Nice to see the alll knowing LOB doesn't know the definition of an elsewhere tale.

It's GREAT to see someone like you show their ignorance.

Mxy has referenced the story thus proving its canon.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 03:33 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
btw--anyone got scans of their most recent/current appearances?

http://i.imgur.com/NgDlM9s.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/u4VCg9P.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bapLsML.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Kf7kJzg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a9Bsnj1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9ET1VZl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qX86VSH.jpg

Worth noting that TWSAIS were unable to defeat Loki, and he basically made them look like a gaggle of doltish buffoons.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

laughing

uh, yeah....not a great showing...thanks. thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:14 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Tbh, that scene(which I totally forgot about, btw, so thanks!) made me realize how little we can trust *all* of the statements/hyperbole surrounding TWSAIS. I'm not saying they aren't powerful to *some* extent, but when a 'lesser' God can humble them like that... Damn.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

in their defense--thor HAD destroyed the main source of their power i think, when he ended the cycle. i don't believe they would have been feeding anymore (or had fed in a long while, perhaps?) when they faced loki. not a completely defensible notion i admit, but....it MAY be a reasonable excuse for the way they were portrayed there as opposed to their earlier portrayal? maybe? /shrug

regardless, i agree with your general idea--nothing we saw from them or know of them can really be trusted. best if they are left out of vs threads imo, as they are nothing but a barrel full of speculation.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:03 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oh, I'm sure TWSAIS were definitely weakened there. Despite that, they were still talking themselves up as these top-tier/invincible abstract entities... Hell, Odin's dream of them a few issues prior to the scene above, seemed to liken them to the friggin Beyonders:
http://i.imgur.com/U9dkm0N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BldHWjr.jpg

Again: it was just a dream sequence, but that's what I mean by not feeding into *all* of the statements/hyperbole surrounding them. They were clearly NOWHERE NEAR that powerful.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:13 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by leonidas
in their defense--thor HAD destroyed the main source of their power i think, when he ended the cycle. i don't believe they would have been feeding anymore (or had fed in a long while, perhaps?) when they faced loki. not a completely defensible notion i admit, but....it MAY be a reasonable excuse for the way they were portrayed there as opposed to their earlier portrayal? maybe? /shrug

regardless, i agree with your general idea--nothing we saw from them or know of them can really be trusted. best if they are left out of vs threads imo, as they are nothing but a barrel full of speculation.

thumb up

Hence why I brought up the recent Loki showing. Most vague bunch of characters if I ever saw one...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:38 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dareangel
this is a tricky 1 because kal kent is completely imune to magic. on the other hand like galan said, kal can be hurt by kryptonite and RKT will know it and simply create kryptonite or turn the whole battlefield into such. you know what would be interesting? we know that kal kent is hurt by kryptonite when he is not under the super sun, but what happens if he got kryptonite but he is under the super sun? maybe thats the reason his bio all over the internet says he is imune to kryptonite and has no weaknesses and basically invincible. because thats the situation under the super sun.

Well where does the "immune to kryptonite" thing come from? It has been a long time since I read the DC 1 million comics. Did they make a point to specifically mention that kryptonite was affecting him because he was away from his "super sun"?

As for the reason his bio's would say he is immune to kryptonite..if there wasn't a specific mention of kryptonite only working due to him being away from his sun, then I would assume it was because he was said to be unstoppable under his own sun.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Galan007
Hell, Odin's dream of them a few issues prior to the scene above, seemed to liken them to the friggin Beyonders:
http://i.imgur.com/U9dkm0N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BldHWjr.jpg

LOL, they even stole the OG Beyonder's speech almost word for word :

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:59 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The only time Kryptonite was used against S1M, was when he was in another dimension and away from the Super Sun. It is entirely unknown if it'd still affect him if he were under his Sun... My best guess is: no.

That said, this battle takes place in a neutral/featureless environment, so the Super Sun *shouldn't* be in play by default.

Originally posted by zopzop
Yeah. Retarded. thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:02 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Yet you are the one proposing a no limits fallacy. You are proposing Superman's magic immunity spans the omniverse when there is no evidence of such.

If he has been shown to be immune to magic then I feel we'd need a reason to compartmentalize that immunity.

Also by this logic, how could we assume that kryptonite from a different universe would do any harm to Kal?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by zopzop

Oh wtf?!?!

I was dismissing this whole Beyonder thing. Now I'm convinced they ARE Beyonders.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:34 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Loki > Beyonders.

This is fact now. Thanks for the confirmation, cele! thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:35 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

laughing out loud

But seriously though. I gotta chalk this up to them playing games with lesser beings. Or maybe an experiment for shiets and giggles.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 08:39 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:36 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I wouldn't put much stock into TWSAIS *actually* being Beyonders.

If they are, it just make the Beyonders look WAY shittier as a race, tbh.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 08:58 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:55 PM