KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Yoda vs. Valkorion (Force battle)

Yoda vs. Valkorion (Force battle)
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
How to Valkorion supporters reckon he kills Yoda? Yoda can definitely shield himself from his Force Lightning barrage, and his TK is more than a match.

Yeah, Valkorion can't kill Yoda. I'm just nit seeing how Yoda accomplishes killing Valkorion, either.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Originally posted by Azronger
Yeah, Valkorion can't kill Yoda. I'm just nit seeing how Yoda accomplishes killing Valkorion, either.

What makes you think that Valkorion cannot kill Yoda? He devastated an entire planet, my unworthy son. Yes, those powers are combat-applicable.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:53 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Valkorion.

His more arcane and esoteric powers can give him a win. Specifically, Force drain, assuming someone as masterful as Vitiate can use it in combat.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:56 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MythLord
How to Valkorion supporters reckon he kills Yoda? Yoda can definitely shield himself from his Force Lightning barrage, and his TK is more than a match.

Yoda was pushed to the edge by Sidious' lightning. Valkorion's superior version will overwhelm him. Not to mention all his other abilities.

Yoda's TK can't harm Valkorion. Revan himself could barely budge a mere extension of the Emperor's power, the much improved Valkorion model can take anything Yoda can dish out.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
What makes you think that Valkorion cannot kill Yoda? He devastated an entire planet, my unworthy son. Yes, those powers are combat-applicable.

Too bad Yoda isn't a defenseless planet. Yoda can tank anything Valkorion throws at him with his Force barriers that have withstood an explosion of the combined energies of Yoda and Sidious, the latter already having Force lightning more potent than Valkorion's.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Valkorion

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 05:22 PM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Too bad Yoda isn't a defenseless planet. Yoda can tank anything Valkorion throws at him with his Force barriers that have withstood an explosion of the combined energies of Yoda and Sidious, the latter already having Force lightning more potent than Valkorion's.

Defenseless planet? WTF

Vitiate disintegrated every living being on Ziost, including a large number of Jedi and/or Sith. Not to forget the extensive environmental damage. The game gives the impression that it was impossible to defend against such raw power. Therefore, evacuation was the only option for the protagonist.

That explosion was the outcome of Yoda's struggle to contain Palpatine's Force Lightning, a failed attempt in the end. I fail to understand why you even bothered to compare this development with powers that devastated Ziost.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 05:43 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 05:34 PM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Too bad Yoda isn't a defenseless planet.

(please log in to view the image)

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 05:36 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Defenseless planet? WTF

Vitiate disintegrated every living being on Ziost, including a large number of Jedi and/or Sith. Not to forget the extensive environmental damage. The game gives the impression that it was impossible to defend against such raw power. Therefore, evacuation was the only option for the protagonist.

That explosion was the outcome of Yoda's struggle to contain Palpatine's Force Lightning, a failed attempt in the end. And it is nothing in comparison to devastation of Ziost.

This isn't a demolitions contest. Valkorion's goal is to kill Yoda, not the planet they're on.

Provide evidence Valkorion can unleash attacks that are infinitely more potent than lightsaber plasma. Yoda deflects all else.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 05:47 PM
S_W_LeGenD

This isn't a demolitions contest. Valkorion's goal is to kill Yoda, not the planet they're on.

Provide evidence Valkorion can unleash attacks that are infinitely more potent than lightsaber plasma. Yoda deflects all else.

Sure.

but Ziost represents a clear display of the corrosive power of the dark side of the Force taken to its extreme.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Sith Emperor: Codex Entry titled "Death of a World.")

On Ziost, Valkorion unleashed a wave of Dark Side energy and spread it across the planet. He can project that power into Yoda.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 06:44 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:39 PM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Sure.

but Ziost represents a clear display of the corrosive power of the dark side of the Force taken to its extreme.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Sith Emperor: Codex Entry titled "Death of a World.")

On Ziost, Valkorion unleashed a wave of Dark Side energy and spread it across the planet. He can project that power into Yoda.

Sure.

Now quantify its potency relative to Sidious' Force lightning.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 07:05 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

What answer does Yoda have against drain? The Dark Reaper Crisis made it clear that Anakin was the only Jedi that could stop it, and we know Valkorion drain is sufficient enough to kill an entire planet under ambiguous circumstances.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:01 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
What answer does Yoda have against drain? The Dark Reaper Crisis made it clear that Anakin was the only Jedi that could stop it, and we know Valkorion drain is sufficient enough to kill an entire planet under ambiguous circumstances.

Drain might be a problem.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:08 PM
MythLord
Diamond

I think it is already been countered by Nova why the Drain NLF doesn't work.

Yoda's connection to and strength in the Force eclipses Valkorion's, and I doubt Valky can one-shot someone more powerful than him with Drain.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:23 PM
Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

quote:
I think it is already been countered by Nova why the Drain NLF doesn't work

Where?

quote:
Yoda's connection to and strength in the Force eclipses Valkorion's

Opinion noted. But I disagree, lal.

quote:
I doubt Valky can one-shot someone more powerful than him with Drain.

Who said anything about one-shotting? I'm only claiming Drain can, and would affect Yoda, and that the excess Force powers Yoda does lose, and Valk gains from it, grants him an edge in a match as close as this one.

Krayt isn't even on Abeloth's and Luke plane in power, and his drain was still having a pretty drastic effect on both of them.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:28 PM
aaylasecura95

lmfao, why do people scream 'NLF!' whenever drain is brought up when nobody (reputable) has actually said drain has no limits. theres obviously limits lol, what is debated is whether yoda has characteristics to be above that limit and to what extent he'll be affected if he is above it.

love and kindness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHp69F7vrLU

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:32 PM
Click here to Send aaylasecura95 a Private Message Find more posts by aaylasecura95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

thumb up

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:34 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Valkorion doubted that he could easily beat his children, presumably including his drain, let alone Yoda.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:46 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Valkorion 1-shot Arcann.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:49 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Maybe they have drain resistance, lmao.

A>B>C> logic doesn't always work in Star Wars, or any other fictional universe for that matter. If Yoda lacks any worthwhile defenses against someone who's drain is razing planets, then said attack will be affecting him. To what extent, however, is another matter entirely.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 08:49 PM