KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Strongest character that Luke could best armies of

Strongest character that Luke could best armies of
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Strongest character that Luke could best armies of

Essentially, what is the most powerful character that Luke could defeat an arbitrary amount of on an open field, provided that:

- we ignore stamina EDIT: in the long term. But he can't do his most powerful attack all day long, say his stamina recharges every 60 seconds enough to rejuvenate him were he just fighting with his lightsaber, and as much that is otherwise
- they can't combine their powers via meld/meditation/ritual/etc.
- Luke is going all-out
- we ignore the possibility of flukes/Luke eventually making a mistake from sheer statistics/etc.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Oct 24th, 2016 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 06:49 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Re: Strongest character that Luke could best armies of

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Essentially, what is the most powerful character that Luke could defeat an arbitrary amount of on an open field, provided that:

- we ignore stamina
- we ignore the possibility of flukes/Luke eventually making a mistake from sheer statistics/etc.

I mean this is a Luke Skywalker who never makes a mistake and can employ mountain busting TK ad infinitum then?

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 06:51 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I mean this is a Luke Skywalker who never makes a mistake and can employ mountain busting TK ad infinitum then?

Just addressed loophole

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 06:59 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Hmmmm. Average Jedi padawan. smile

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 07:06 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

How many ?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 07:17 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Arbitrary numbers that approximate to entire armies.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 07:24 PM
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

It hurts muh brain. Give me a figure pls.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Ziggystardust a Private Message Find more posts by Ziggystardust Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Maul.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 07:26 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

He can probably several thousand Vader/Dooku-tiers.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

laughing

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 09:43 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Azronger
He can probably several thousand Vader/Dooku-tiers.

You should seek help for the good of others tbh.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 09:44 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Nephthys

thumb up

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 09:46 PM
Petrus
Debonaire Member

Originally posted by NewGuy01
laughing

"Do not go gentle into that good night"

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 09:51 PM
Click here to Send Petrus a Private Message Find more posts by Petrus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

You cannot stop the Luke wank. Nobody can.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

A clone army was enough to wipe out the golden age of Jedi.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Ziggystardust
It hurts muh brain. Give me a figure pls.

The limit as n approaches infinity.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2016 10:13 PM
Jmanghan

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ziggystardust
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm going to be a bit controversial here. While I accept that Luke is the strongest, he is not busting armies of anything close to Jedi. Luke Skywalker did manage to manipulate a Dovin Basal in 25 Aby. He first focused on the force and felt it "like he hasn't in years". And with that intensity he reached out and probed the black hole and the dovin basals before taking any action against them. So, apparently, he needs time to reach a special level of attunement with the force in order to perform such feats. Yet, in 28 ABY, where he's 3 years more experienced - and very potentially - three years more powerful. He's unable to overpower a group of nine Krizlaws with his Force might in a direct contest. Even with the aid of his nephew Jacen, despite using a Force-meld to 'amp' each other:

quote:
"Luke and Jacen placed themselves at two points of a defensive triangle, with Stalgis and the other stormtrooper at the other corner and the exhausted Hegerty in the middle. The xenobiologist was only slightly older than Luke, but she had no battle skills. The type of expedition she was used to, Luke imagined, would have had little cause for running like this. Krizlaws spread out in a circle around them. Luke used the Force to discourage those who came closest, but knew it was only a matter of time before he and the others were rushed. There was no way they could possibly repel all nine at once."

- New Jedi Order : Refugee

And just to note, Krizlaws aren't particularly dangerous considering other creatures in the SWU (rancors). And more importantly, they have never been credited with 'Force sensitivity'. Luke was basically facing a pack of over-sized, pink-skinned reptilian creatures that moved about on their muscular hind legs. They're only notable quality was their lower jaws, which could detach for a greater "swallowing" radius. So in essence, they were mini-dinosaurs no bigger than 3-4 meters long. And rather then "repelling" these creatures with TK, Luke and Jacen's chosen stratagem was shutting down their minds one-by-one - could he do this to an army of Jedi however? I do not think so.

Last edited by Ziggystardust on Oct 25th, 2016 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 01:10 AM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

I actually agree with Ziggy, numbers has always been a big deal on Star Wars, and no matter how hard you guys try to peddle fan-fic, Luke and co. isn't that good.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 01:12 AM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Revan soloed armies of Sith. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2016 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote