KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Shows that need to be rebooted

Shows that need to be rebooted
Started by: 0mega Spawn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

It just had its winter finale.
I enjoy it, its a modern take on the character. Bigger supporting cast, some nice homages to the original.
Supposedly RDA is going to play this Mac's grandfather.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2016 01:56 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672

Huh, wasn't aware of that. Would be pretty fitting though, seeing as he seems to have learned 90% of the stuff he does onscreen from his grandfather.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 05:04 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Agreed!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 11:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

right on ill try to check it out over the holidays

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 07:37 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the flash

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 21st, 2016 10:40 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

haha

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2016 05:50 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the flash

Why does it need to be rebooted?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2016 04:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
Why does it need to be rebooted?

the stories suck this season... they need to stop having him face a speedster, constantly lose early on and then barry all of a sudden beats him in the season finale

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2016 07:09 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
constantly lose early on and then barry all of a sudden beats him in the season finale

Isn't this what happens in most super hero shows?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2016 08:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Aside from the speedster thing, i'll stick with a general 'haha'.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 12:58 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

After Zoom last season I was tired of speedster villains, but then for some reason I don't actually dislike Savitar. I also enjoy having Thawne on Legends.

Though one annoying aspect of the show is that Flash can literally accomplish any goal as long as someone says "run Barry run" at the end of a pep talk.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2016 05:21 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Surtur
Isn't this what happens in most super hero shows?

yea but with the flash, it way too abundant.... plus he always neeeds a pep talk

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 07:33 PM
riv6672

So no real reasons for a reboot then.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2016 08:13 PM
Ascendancy

Alien Nation
First Wave
Space: Above & Beyond
Starship Andromeda
Earth: Final Conflict

Really I probably need to go back and look at them all to see if I'm not just remembering things fondly, but they all seemed to have been well before their time, and overall have somewhat been a waste of really amazing actors because they really never got their due when they were out.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2016 05:03 AM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The only one on your list i recall watching was Alien Nation, and i liked it. They came up with some neat concepts building in the movie.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 12:49 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I know there are plans for a remake movie for Alien Nation

so a new tv show is possible.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 01:00 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

alien nation was real! I forgot all about that!

flash reboot? maybe. I don't like how barry gives up his identity to people but I guess its necessary if they are going to be on the show indefinitely. I feel like they tried to reboot Flash and Green Arrow with flashpoint but failed.

Green Arrow reboot probably should get a redo.

though i'll say I don't think im necessarily the demographic they are trying to snatch up anyways.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 01:17 PM
staxamillion is currently offline Click here to Send staxamillion a Private Message Find more posts by staxamillion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
staxamillion
Sir Snikts-A-Lot

Originally posted by riv6672
It just had its winter finale.
I enjoy it, its a modern take on the character. Bigger supporting cast, some nice homages to the original.

I checked out the Macguyver show... its ok. especially for CBS. ( im not really a fan) I saw the episode where they had to protect an accountant to get to terrorists. it was kinda funny too

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 01:23 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Alien Nation
First Wave
Space: Above & Beyond
Starship Andromeda
Earth: Final Conflict

Really I probably need to go back and look at them all to see if I'm not just remembering things fondly, but they all seemed to have been well before their time, and overall have somewhat been a waste of really amazing actors because they really never got their due when they were out.

I remember back in the early 2000's the SyFy channel would air a different sci-fi series each day. Like 12 hours straight so you'd get like half a season of each series each day, but it would rotate each day. Since I missed my entire senior year in high school due to surgeries I was home and First Wave was always the show I'd look forward to watching the most whenever it would come on. I would tape the episodes when they aired so I could watch them on the days they would air a series I didn't like.

So yeah, I'd like to see a reboot. Hell I'd like to see the original series put on netflix.

Last edited by Surtur on Dec 29th, 2016 at 05:37 PM

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 05:34 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by staxamillion
I checked out the Macguyver show... its ok. especially for CBS. ( im not really a fan) I saw the episode where they had to protect an accountant to get to terrorists. it was kinda funny too

Well, at least you didnt hate it!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2016 10:58 PM