KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » TCW Maul vs. Darth Nihilus (Force battle)

TCW Maul vs. Darth Nihilus (Force battle)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

TCW Maul vs. Darth Nihilus (Force battle)

Can Maul ragdoll Nihilus

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 06:22 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Maul > Clone Maul > Vader

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 07:09 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul > Bane > Valk > Nihilus

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 07:12 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

What if Maul uses his nuclear stockpile?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 07:15 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Maul > Bane > Valk > Nihilus

Didn't the author of the Bane accolade say that Vitiate etc. wasn't included in the quote?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 08:52 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, Ant tried to twist it that way though.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 09:03 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Nihilus ragdolls.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 09:08 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Originally posted by SunRazer
Didn't the author of the Bane accolade say that Vitiate etc. wasn't included in the quote?

Ant argued that since Vitiate, Malgus, Revan, ... were never included in a previous issue of Fact File they couldn't been part of the quote.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 09:32 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

I'm talking about an author clarification. Was there one?

In either case, singular accolades are definitely fallible and if they don't fall in line with other sources, they can be disregarded pretty quickly.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 09:54 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

This one does

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 09:55 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

How so? Unless I'm mistaken, it refers to PoD Bane as well, who definitely doesn't sit up there with Nihilus or Vitiate.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 09:56 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

How so? Unless I'm mistaken, it refers to PoD Bane as well, who definitely doesn't sit up there with Nihilus or Vitiate.

Kas'im > Vitiate

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 10:23 PM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it says that Bane in his prime was the most powerful Sith up to that time. So, whenever Bane was at his peak, is when he was the most powerful.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 11:17 PM
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Originally posted by ILS
No, it says that Bane in his prime was the most powerful Sith up to that time. So, whenever Bane was at his peak, is when he was the most powerful.

And to be honest, the habit to always summon the "this dude was/is one of the/the strongest bamf in history" is the most hateful aspect of Star Wars.

"Hey, dude, what we can do to make this character interesting?" "Hu? Let's say he's one of the most powerful evahh!!!."

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2017 11:28 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by ILS

Where does it say him in his prime? It says he used said unprecedented power to change the Sith forever, which is obviously referring to the institution of the Rule of Two. That means it's PoD Bane.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 01:15 AM
Freedon Nadd

Maul>Bane>Valk>Nihilus?
I lost my brain cells.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 01:13 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Where does it say him in his prime? It says he used said unprecedented power to change the Sith forever, which is obviously referring to the institution of the Rule of Two. That means it's PoD Bane.
That's a pretty ridiculous interpretation given that the Rule of Two hadn't been successfully implemented yet. It was a working idea. I would consider the Sith Order "changed" when the RoT actually lives up to it's purpose and Zannah offs Bane.

More to the point, it says that, at some point, whenever that is, Bane acquires more knowledge and mastery of Sith techniques, pause, and power, than any Sith who came before him. It doesn't say when, it just says that that is what he did, and that because he was able to do that, he was able to put the Rule of Two in place.

Creating fake contexts for the quotes, and insisting it's referring to Bane at any one time is just another excuse.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 01:26 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by ILS
That's a pretty ridiculous interpretation given that the Rule of Two hadn't been successfully implemented yet. It was a working idea. I would consider the Sith Order "changed" when the RoT actually lives up to it's purpose and Zannah offs Bane.

More to the point, it says that, at some point, whenever that is, Bane acquires more knowledge and mastery of Sith techniques, pause, and power, than any Sith who came before him. It doesn't say when, it just says that that is what he did, and that because he was able to do that, he was able to put the Rule of Two in place.

Creating fake contexts for the quotes, and insisting it's referring to Bane at any one time is just another excuse.

It says Bane changed the Sith forever. That can't refer to anything other than the destruction of the old Sith Order and the institution of the Rule of Two. Zannah offing Bane did nothing to "change the Sith forever".

That's some ridiculous stretching going on there. It's painfully obvious what the quote's referring to.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 01:28 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It says Bane changed the Sith forever. That can't refer to anything other than the destruction of the old Sith Order and the institution of the Rule of Two. Zannah offing Bane did nothing to "change the Sith forever".

That's some ridiculous stretching going on there. It's painfully obvious what the quote's referring to.
You can destroy the Old Sith, but nothing has changed until the new Sith are up and running. How you can act as if the Sith Order has "changed forever" during a time where:

-Bane only has the Rule of Two as an idea in his head
-Bane has not even met Zannah yet
-Bane still has very basic knowledge of the Sith
-Zannah is in no position to fulfil the Rule of Two's criteria that she surpasses her master and furthers the Order

...totally blows me away, because I'm sure you have an IQ above 50. Thus, I'll assume you just don't like the quote.

The quote only makes sense if you do not try and invent context for it. It isn't referring to Bane at any fixed time, only his deeds, which include:

-Becoming the most knowledgeable, masterful and powerful Sith ever
-Changing the Sith paradigm to the Rule of Two

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 01:34 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by ILS
You can destroy the Old Sith, but nothing has changed until the new Sith are up and running. How you can act as if the Sith Order has "changed forever" during a time where:

-Bane only has the Rule of Two as an idea in his head
-Bane has not even met Zannah yet
-Bane still has very basic knowledge of the Sith
-Zannah is in no position to fulfil the Rule of Two's criteria that she surpasses her master and furthers the Order

...totally blows me away, because I'm sure you have an IQ above 50. Thus, I'll assume you just don't like the quote.

The quote only makes sense if you do not try and invent context for it. It isn't referring to Bane at any fixed time, only his deeds, which include:

-Becoming the most knowledgeable, masterful and powerful Sith ever
-Changing the Sith paradigm to the Rule of Two

The Rule of Two has always been an idea, lol. It's just a matter of putting that idea into practice, which Bane does at the end of PoD/beginning of RoT. Bane does meet Zannah at the end of PoD/beginning of RoT, and Zannah surpassing her Master isn't an instance of Bane himself changing the Sith Order. Bane taking Zannah as an apprentice, as it happens at the end of PoD, is "getting the new Order up and running". It's the birth of the Rule of Two, of the Banite Sith.

I'm talking about Bane giving Kaan the Thought Bomb to destroy the Brotherhood, which allows him to establish the Banite Order. After all, does the quote not say that he used the knowledge and power he gained to change the Sith forever? How is Zannah killing Bane an instance of Bane using his knowledge and power to change the Sith forever?

Not to mention the word "change" instantly eliminates Zannah offing Bane as the instance in question. Zannah killing Bane cements the Rule of Two and the Banite Sith Order - it doesn't change the Sith Order, and it's certainly not a change set in motion by Bane's knowledge or power. The final events of PoD change the Sith by destroying an Empire-based system and instating an order where there are only two Sith. That's the change, and Bane uses his knowledge of the Thought Bomb to destroy the Brotherhood (or rather, gets them to destroy themselves). It fits the quote's criteria perfectly. Whatever you're suggesting doesn't fit the criteria in the slightest.

Your argument makes absolutely no sense. Thus, I'll assume you just like the quote and want to pedal it for your own purposes. smile

Last edited by SunRazer on Jan 3rd, 2017 at 01:48 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2017 01:38 PM