KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Blink vs DCNU Wally

Blink vs DCNU Wally
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

(please log in to view the image)

QS, a speedster slower than DCnU Wally, was able to sense exactly where she was about to come from.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 06:07 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

But that wasn't her moving at her fastest though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 06:41 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Proof that she has different speeds, please? Instant is instant, no?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 06:47 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
QS, a speedster slower than DCnU Wally, was able to sense exactly where she was about to come from.

QS has better senses, then.

Wally couldn't sense a gorilla chewing on his shoulder.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Proof that she has different speeds, please? Instant is instant, no?

It's obvious. She traveled to the moon in no time at all and across countries. Quicksilver completed two sentences during that instance before she got there and no, he wasn't talking at super speed. It would take her months to make it to the moon or other long distance areas where she has teleported. That's IF we use that showing as her moving at either her fastest or her average speeds. Like I said, it's obvious that showing should not be held against her.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:07 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
It's obvious. She traveled to the moon in no time at all and across countries. Quicksilver completed two sentences during that instance before she got there and no, he wasn't talking at super speed. It would take her months to make it to the moon or other long distance areas where she has teleported. That's IF we use that showing as her moving at either her fastest or her average speeds. Like I said, it's obvious that showing should not be held against her.

So....she's not instant? I don't get it. Help me understand here.

Do any other teleporters have differing speeds? So Nightcrawler is sometimes faster than in other times? The Spot? Coyote? Midnighter with doors?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:16 PM
carver9

So....she's not instant? I don't get it. Help me understand here.

Do any other teleporters have differing speeds? So Nightcrawler is sometimes faster than in other times? The Spot? Coyote? Midnighter with doors?

Lol...are you truly asking me if the speed of a character differentiate from writer to writer?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 07:28 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by iceman24567
carvers DC hate is on a new level in 2017 he's the Trump of Kmc

No need to bring Trump down to his level.

One look at his posts, and you can bet Trump would have something to Tweet about it. wink

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 08:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Blinking takes 300-400 milliseconds.
Flash can do a LOT in that time.

Love those scans.

It proves writers spend way less time thinking about this stuff then fans do.

"Sure, just shy of light speed, whatever. Lets get this thing out."

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 08:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Ha, my take on that scene is:

quote:

Statement 1:
quote:
At 13:57 and .00001 microseconds, half a million Koreans seemed to materialize on a hilltop 35 miles away from the blast

Statement 2:
quote:
They were carried there...one at a time, sometimes two...at a hair breadth short of the speed of light.

Statement 1 gives Flash's speed as eleventy gajillion times the speed of light.

Statement 2 gives Flash's speed as 0.999 times the speed of light.

Which do we take? How about both?

We know the Flash carried the Koreans at 'a hair breadth's short of the speed of light'.

But when he's running BACK into the city, empty handed, without anyone in his arms and when's he's not having to worry about civilians..he's running faster.

So, rather than assuming a constant speed (the speed that he carried them there = the speed he runs back into the city), he probably took a bit more care+time when he was carrying a little old Korean lady, than ramping it up to max gear when he's on his own.

TL;DR: Flash was going INCREDIBLY fast when running back into the city, and when carrying people, was going under the speed of light.

To just focus on Statement 2, ignores on-panel narration of Statement 1.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 09:03 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
Love those scans.

It proves writers spend way less time thinking about this stuff then fans do.

"Sure, just shy of light speed, whatever. Lets get this thing out."

than*

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 09:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I thought this thread died

Old Post Jan 16th, 2017 09:21 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote