KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Baleman vs Winter Soldier

Baleman vs Winter Soldier
Started by: Solid47

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FrothByte
Look H1, you can use visual, implied or whatever other variant of speed you want, WS is still faster than Bane. He looks faster, he's stated as faster, he's implied faster, and he has feats demonstrating him to be faster.

Just give it up. No amount of twisting the word "speed" is going to make Bane faster than WS.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 05:32 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Silent Master
Look at that, I asked for proof and h1 suddenly disappears. I wonder if the two are related. angel

Or he realised that his "Cap was below peak" argument was dumb and pointless. Because, using that logic, anyone else could say that Bucky clearly wasn't at his peak for the TWS end fight, seeing as he performed better during both his other encounters with Cap.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 05:35 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

Originally posted by h1a8
It's not valid, otherwise real professional fighters would stomp these characters. Professional fighters are way faster than the average human (almost actors).

Batroc's actor is literally a professional fighter, and his fight with Cap wasn't him dodging every hit from Cap while hitting him every time.

How they fight is irrelevant to an extent too. Movies strive for flashiness, not actual effectiveness. In real life, some of those flashy moves have a very low percentage of even working.
If a character uses flashy moves, then it's part of their fighting style.

Maybe it's justified by the circumstances, or it works because the person is superhuman, but it's part of their fighting style.
Post the feat where Batman koes multiple thugs in seconds? He did that in every movie.
Then you have a lot of options, don't you?

Anyway post the feat which in your opinion makes Batman more skilled than Bucky/Cap.

Humans can run faster than cars if they are moving under 10mph or any speed under 20 mph. I already proven the speed of the cars. WS landed about 12 feet away from a car. It still managed to easily swerve away. The cars were very close to each other at multiple times (giving evidence to heavy traffic) and VISUALLY, in one scene you clearly see the car moving around 10mph in relation to a column. Remember, visual speed is valid, according to you.

1) Post your analysis.

2) Even if the cars were going at 15 mph, Cap speed in relation to the car would easily clock him at 30+ mph.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 09:33 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Nevan
Batroc's actor is literally a professional fighter, and his fight with Cap wasn't him dodging every hit from Cap while hitting him every time.

If a character uses flashy moves, then it's part of their fighting style.

Maybe it's justified by the circumstances, or it works because the person is superhuman, but it's part of their fighting style.
Then you have a lot of options, don't you?

Anyway post the feat which in your opinion makes Batman more skilled than Bucky/Cap.

1) Post your analysis.

2) Even if the cars were going at 15 mph, Cap speed in relation to the car would easily clock him at 30+ mph.

Pierre was moving far slower than in a real fight. Remember he's acting, not fighting for real.

I disagree with fighting style theory. Otherwise every character would lose to a real UFC fighter. And also, we have characters doing different shit from scene to scene that contradicts a particular style. Regardless, Bane and Batman are masters of the league of shadows. Suspension of disbelief tells us that they are a billion times more skilled than what we see.

I have a question. For you to ask me to post basic knowledge stuff, what's your reasoning? Do you already have the scenes in mind and plan to rebut them or is it you never seen or remember Batman beat multiple thugs or enemies simultaneously ? What are your intentions?

I posted my analysis several times. It's a lot of work.
Just look at the highway scene on YouTube. Look at the scene where WS drops down about 12 feet in front of a white car. Look at the white car easily swerve out of his way. Then Look at the car to the left (I believe green) in the same instance, it's only a few feet behind the other car. Start there. That should be enough.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 03:06 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Just like suspension of disbelief tells us that Cap and WS are 17 billion times more skilled than we see.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 03:12 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Regardless, Bane and Batman are masters of the league of shadows. Suspension of disbelief tells us that they are a billion times more skilled than what we see.

This is laughable. You want to use suspension of disbelief in favor of Batman and Bane but at the same time trying to downplay all of Caps or WS's feats lol. Like saying that you speculate that the cars were traveling at 5 miles an hour.

League of shadows means close to nothing other than fodder martial artists. Shield agents have far more impressive feats than any League of shadows member.

And for the millionth fuqing time speculation, imagination, personal opinions, suspension of disbelief , etc, doesnt fly in these vs fights.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 13th, 2017 at 03:55 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 03:45 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Inhuman
This is laughable. You want to use suspension of disbelief in favor of Batman and Bane but at the same time trying to downplay all of Caps or WS's feats lol. Like saying that you speculate that the cars were traveling at 5 miles an hour.

League of shadows means close to nothing other than fodder martial artists. Shield agents have far more impressive feats than any League of shadows member.

And for the millionth fuqing time speculation, imagination, personal opinions, suspension of disbelief , etc, doesnt fly in these vs fights.
Masters from the league of shadows can easily defeat a gang of thugs within seconds. This is far from fodder MA. Any top professional fighter will lose against a horde of thugs.

I didn't speculate anything. I stated facts only. Traffic was simply heavy and cars were moving slower than usual.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 02:09 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Masters from the league of shadows can easily defeat a gang of thugs within seconds. This is far from fodder MA. Any top professional fighter will lose against a horde of thugs.

A gang of thugs from the Nolan verse are like the lowest kind of fodder, they act like retards. Not hard for anyone with any little skill to take out a bunch of them. From them fighting like retards to them falling on their own to them shooting the floor not knowing how to aim, etc. This can be proven by on screen feats.
League of shadows have shown to be regular martial arts fodder. Post screen feats that show their awesome skill and how formidable they are.

I didn't speculate anything. I stated facts only. Traffic was simply heavy and cars were moving slower than usual.

I can post the scene and prove that the cars were not in a traffic jam or bumper to bumper if you want to discuss this.

See the way it works is that if I claim something that seems false about a character , I better be ready with proof of my claims of else its just speculation and personal theories.

The pillar Bane broke was a drywall pillar. I posted proof showing what I claimed to back up my statement. I can also post regular people in the real world breaking concrete bricks with their hands, legs, and head if you want. They are far from being superhuman and they can break concrete bricks just fine.
Ive said that Batman and Bane fight slow and retarded with low skill. And I have posted proof of this. Its not just my theory.

All your arguments rely on theories and speculation on how you think things should be. The problem with that is that shit cant be proven with any screen feats to back up your statements. Its just dumb speculation.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 13th, 2017 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2017 02:34 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

Pierre was moving far slower than in a real fight. Remember he's acting, not fighting for real.
Doesn't seem like it to me.

That would also defeat the purpose of hiring a professional fighter in the first place.
I disagree with fighting style theory. Otherwise every character would lose to a real UFC fighter. And also, we have characters doing different shit from scene to scene that contradicts a particular style. Regardless, Bane and Batman are masters of the league of shadows. Suspension of disbelief tells us that they are a billion times more skilled than what we see.

1) Having a non-optimal fighting style doesn't mean that someone would lose to a real person, take Bane for example, even if he's less skilled than someone, he's far stronger than any real person.

2) Which tells us that they are more skilled than the mooks, but not much else.

I have a question. For you to ask me to post basic knowledge stuff, what's your reasoning? Do you already have the scenes in mind and plan to rebut them or is it you never seen or remember Batman beat multiple thugs or enemies simultaneously ? What are your intentions?

1) Nope.

2) For analysis.

I posted my analysis several times. It's a lot of work.
Just look at the highway scene on YouTube. Look at the scene where WS drops down about 12 feet in front of a white car. Look at the white car easily swerve out of his way. Then Look at the car to the left (I believe green) in the same instance, it's only a few feet behind the other car. Start there. That should be enough.

1) If you already did the analysis, then just Copy-Paste it here.

2) The second part is not proper analysis.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 03:53 AM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Challenge h1 to debate his so-called lie-nalysis of the highway scene in a BZ. He won't accept cuz he knows it's bogus and easily torn to shreds.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 06:24 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Inhuman
A gang of thugs from the Nolan verse are like the lowest kind of fodder, they act like retards. Not hard for anyone with any little skill to take out a bunch of them. From them fighting like retards to them falling on their own to them shooting the floor not knowing how to aim, etc. This can be proven by on screen feats.
League of shadows have shown to be regular martial arts fodder. Post screen feats that show their awesome skill and how formidable they are.

I can post the scene and prove that the cars were not in a traffic jam or bumper to bumper if you want to discuss this.

See the way it works is that if I claim something that seems false about a character , I better be ready with proof of my claims of else its just speculation and personal theories.

The pillar Bane broke was a drywall pillar. I posted proof showing what I claimed to back up my statement. I can also post regular people in the real world breaking concrete bricks with their hands, legs, and head if you want. They are far from being superhuman and they can break concrete bricks just fine.
Ive said that Batman and Bane fight slow and retarded with low skill. And I have posted proof of this. Its not just my theory.

All your arguments rely on theories and speculation on how you think things should be. The problem with that is that shit cant be proven with any screen feats to back up your statements. Its just dumb speculation.

So basically you are a bias debater. You downplay any feat you don't like and go against the intentions of the writer and against the suspension of disbelief. Look at the scene right before Bane busted the column. The column was complete solid marble concrete. In the scene where he busted the column the material changed. This is because since the actor can't actually bust frigging concrete they inserted a prop material to give the effect. Your argument is so silly it's like saying that Cap didn't bust through real glass because it was a prop. It was intended to be real glass and real concrete for the story. The scene before it proves it.

Thugs are thugs, just like bullets are bullets. Bad acting doesn't take away the intentions or the suspension of disbelief. Do you think that the writer believes that Batman can't beat a horde of REAL thugs the same?

In some scenes the cars were shown bumper to bumper. In some scene a white car was shown to easily evade WS. In other scenes the cars were shown moving very slowly (this is where you are having double standards since you are arguing with me on visual speed).

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 02:22 PM
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

So basically you are a bias debater. You downplay any feat you don't like and go against the intentions of the writer and against the suspension of disbelief. Look at the scene right before Bane busted the column. The column was complete solid marble concrete. In the scene where he busted the column the material changed. This is because since the actor can't actually bust frigging concrete they inserted a prop material to give the effect. Your argument is so silly it's like saying that Cap didn't bust through real glass because it was a prop. It was intended to be real glass and real concrete for the story. The scene before it proves it.

Thugs are thugs, just like bullets are bullets. Bad acting doesn't take away the intentions or the suspension of disbelief. Do you think that the writer believes that Batman can't beat a horde of REAL thugs the same?

In some scenes the cars were shown bumper to bumper. In some scene a white car was shown to easily evade WS. In other scenes the cars were shown moving very slowly (this is where you are having double standards since you are arguing with me on visual speed).

You expect me to debate movie characters with their on screen performances and feats vs your speculation , and imaginary ideas that were not shown in the movie?
Lol. Thanks for clearing that up. This will always be pointless because you want to debate with your personal ideas or stuff that isn't seen in the movies. We just all have to speculate and trust your interpretation of the characters and events and take your world for it.

Great fuqing debating skills you have there. A waste of time as usual. On screen feats and what is shown in the movie >>>>>>personal fan fiction.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 14th, 2017 at 02:56 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 02:50 PM
Silent Master

Have you noticed that h1 only wants to use "writer's intention" when it helps his argument?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 03:04 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Silent Master
Have you noticed that h1 only wants to use "writer's intention" when it helps his argument?

Yes, it's all a waste of time trying to debate characters with what was shown in the movies versus his imagination and speculation on what he thinks the writers meant or what he thinks the characters should be capable of based on his personal speculation, not what was shown in the movies.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2017 03:22 PM
Silent Master

If we go by what is shown WS >>>> Baleman, if we go by what is implied WS >>>> Baleman.

Either way, WS wins 10/10.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2017 04:49 AM
Silent Master

Has anyone's opinion changed?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 06:11 AM
HulkIsHulk

Lol Silent, quit being so salty over H1's idiocy

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:22 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Lol Silent, quit being so salty over H1's idiocy

Since when does mocking someone = salty?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 09:24 AM
HulkIsHulk

If you are bothering yourself to start digging for old topics when there are plenty or recent ones , yeah then I would think that's a bit salty. If it was to simply bring up H1's sucky posts like Nib said in another topic, a simple link would have been enough without bumping a more than a year old thread

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 10:57 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Then you have an incredibly low standard for what you consider salty.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2018 11:06 AM