KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Baleman vs Winter Soldier

Baleman vs Winter Soldier
Started by: Solid47

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
Im not throwing the high end argument at people. I'm just suggesting you be consistent. Cap clearly wasn't at his best. Thus the showing doesn't hold much evidence towards WS beating him in a h2h fight.
When Cap was at his best he clearly was superior to WS in h2h.

They were both at their best when Bucky left Cap at the bottom of an elevator shaft.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 09:56 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

How can anyone look at this.

And then at this.

And say that the people in the second video are more skilled.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 10:24 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Nevan

(Cap vs. WS vid)

And then at this.

(Batman vs. Bane vid)

You see the difference because are neither blind, biased or mentally challenged.
Almost every healthy clear thinking human can see people fighting in the first vid are superior in every way shape or form.

Last edited by Inhuman on Feb 11th, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 10:30 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

And then at this.

You are looking at visual speed.
Both Batman and Bane are masters in fighting. Batman can take out multiple thugs in seconds and so can Bane. Thus judging them solely on visual is faulty.

With your logic, I can say that any UFC fighter is more skilled and faster than both Cap and WS. But we all know that both would annihilate any UFC fighter in h2h fighting.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 11:22 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
They were both at their best when Bucky left Cap at the bottom of an elevator shaft.
Cap was very far from his best. Look at WS and you see a totally different performance. Cap act like he couldn't even block basic kicks and attacks. In WS, WS was throwing far more combinations and techniques and Cap was shown more skilled.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 11:25 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

Which is very valid evidence, considering movies are a visual medium.

But anyway, I wasn't looking at their speed, but how they fight.

Both Batman and Bane are masters in fighting. Batman can take out multiple thugs in seconds and so can Bane. Thus judging them solely on visual is faulty.
Post the feat.

With your logic, I can say that any UFC fighter is more skilled and faster than both Cap and WS. But we all know that both would annihilate any UFC fighter in h2h fighting.
The choreographers took a lot from real martial arts so not necessarily.

Besides, normal humans can't run faster than cars.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 11:49 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Using implied speed, Enhanced human >>>> un-enhanced human. Thank you for admitting that WS is faster.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2017 11:53 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Look H1, you can use visual, implied or whatever other variant of speed you want, WS is still faster than Bane. He looks faster, he's stated as faster, he's implied faster, and he has feats demonstrating him to be faster.

Just give it up. No amount of twisting the word "speed" is going to make Bane faster than WS.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 12:50 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Cap was very far from his best. Look at WS and you see a totally different performance. Cap act like he couldn't even block basic kicks and attacks. In WS, WS was throwing far more combinations and techniques and Cap was shown more skilled.

Prove it. Prove Cap wasn't at his best despite no evidence being shown of that "alternative fact" of yours.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:31 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Im not throwing the high end argument at people. I'm just suggesting you be consistent.

LOL at you telling others to be consistent, when your standards fluctuate in almost every thread. And yes you are, as evidence by your very next statements.

Cap clearly wasn't at his best. Thus the showing doesn't hold much evidence towards WS beating him in a h2h fight.
When Cap was at his best he clearly was superior to WS in h2h.

Trying to use one fight where Cap won (and with a ton of difficulty, as well as a distraction which gave him an opening) as a judgement of how they compare, while ignoring the other two showings where Cap did not win. In contrast, the rest of us are taking all three showings into consideration, which indicates that their skill and ability level is quite close to each other. So, you are the only one trying to compare them based on a high end showing for Cap from their fights.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:08 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Which is very valid evidence, considering movies are a visual medium.

But anyway, I wasn't looking at their speed, but how they fight.

Post the feat.

The choreographers took a lot from real martial arts so not necessarily.

Besides, normal humans can't run faster than cars.

It's not valid, otherwise real professional fighters would stomp these characters. Professional fighters are way faster than the average human (almost actors).

Post the feat where Batman koes multiple thugs in seconds? He did that in every movie.

How they fight is irrelevant to an extent too. Movies strive for flashiness, not actual effectiveness. In real life, some of those flashy moves have a very low percentage of even working.

Humans can run faster than cars if they are moving under 10mph or any speed under 20 mph. I already proven the speed of the cars. WS landed about 12 feet away from a car. It still managed to easily swerve away. The cars were very close to each other at multiple times (giving evidence to heavy traffic) and VISUALLY, in one scene you clearly see the car moving around 10mph in relation to a column. Remember, visual speed is valid, according to you.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:41 PM
Silent Master

It's not valid, otherwise real professional fighters would stomp these characters. Professional fighters are way faster than the average human (almost actors).

Post the feat where Batman koes multiple thugs in seconds? He did that in every movie.

How they fight is irrelevant to an extent too. Movies strive for flashiness, not actual effectiveness. In real life, some of those flashy moves have a very low percentage of even working.

Humans can run faster than cars if they are moving under 10mph or any speed under 20 mph. I already proven the speed of the cars. WS landed about 12 feet away from a car. It still managed to easily swerve away. The cars were very close to each other at multiple times (giving evidence to heavy traffic) and VISUALLY, in one scene you clearly see the car moving around 10mph in relation to a column. Remember, visual speed is valid, according to you.

You do realize that you're using visual speed to determine the speed of the cars, thus if visual speed is your standard. WS is faster than Bane and Baleman.

So, thank you for admitting that Baleman is a good bit slower than WS.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:46 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by KingD19
Prove it. Prove Cap wasn't at his best despite no evidence being shown of that "alternative fact" of yours.
I gave proof. Please address it and not ignore it. That's how you debate. I'll give it again.

In WS, WS threw many far more complicated combinations at Cap yet Cap easily blocked, dodged , and parried them easily without getting tagged. Look the knife battle. You are a proponent of visual speed. WS was moving a lot faster then than in the CW scene.

In CW, in that scene, WS threw a basic punch, front kick, etc and Cap act like he didn't know what to do. Huge difference.

Also, immediately after, normal humans (below Cap) were shown to easily dodge and strike WS.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Using implied speed, Enhanced human >>>> un-enhanced human. Thank you for admitting that WS is faster.
Enhanced in what way? Strength yes, durability yes, speed yes ( but not necessarily above human limits), reflexes not necessarily at all.

Anyway being faster (movement speed, not reflexes) doesn't prove anything since it takes less than half of the speed of an attack to defend against it (in many cases, less than 1/3).

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:53 PM
h1a8

You do realize that you're using visual speed to determine the speed of the cars, thus if visual speed is your standard. WS is faster than Bane and Baleman.

So, thank you for admitting that Baleman is a good bit slower than WS.
I used more than visual speed. I gave other evidence.

But my primary objective was to destroy his claim that visual speed is valid. Remember he began saying that?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:54 PM
h1a8

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
LOL at you telling others to be consistent, when your standards fluctuate in almost every thread. And yes you are, as evidence by your very next statements.

Trying to use one fight where Cap won (and with a ton of difficulty, as well as a distraction which gave him an opening) as a judgement of how they compare, while ignoring the other two showings where Cap did not win. In contrast, the rest of us are taking all three showings into consideration, which indicates that their skill and ability level is quite close to each other. So, you are the only one trying to compare them based on a high end showing for Cap from their fights.
But in a forum Cap fights at his best. Using any showing that's contrary to that isn't good evidence to how he will perform in a forum fight, according to you guys.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:56 PM
Silent Master

I used more than visual speed. I gave other evidence.

But my primary objective was to destroy his claim that visual speed is valid. Remember he began saying that?

I must have missed it, What other evidence did you give for WS' speed?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 03:57 PM
h1a8

I must have missed it, What other evidence did you give for WS' speed?

WS jumped down and landed about 12 feet from a white car. The white car easily swerved out of the way of WS.

Then we have multiple scenes where the cars were shown very close behind other cars as in a traffic jam.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:03 PM
Silent Master

WS jumped down and landed about 12 feet from a white car. The white car easily swerved out of the way of WS.

Then we have multiple scenes where the cars were shown very close behind other cars as in a traffic jam.

That is visual, you said that you provided non-visual evidence. I'm asking for those examples.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:09 PM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

But in a forum Cap fights at his best. Using any showing that's contrary to that isn't good evidence to how he will perform in a forum fight, according to you guys.

And in a forum fight, by that same standard, so is Bucky. And, at peak, he has been at least a match for Steve more than once.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:12 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Look at that, I asked for proof and h1 suddenly disappears. I wonder if the two are related. angel

Old Post Feb 12th, 2017 04:48 PM