KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Baleman vs Winter Soldier

Baleman vs Winter Soldier
Started by: Solid47

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Silent Master
His claim would also work if he's never seen the movies and is just making things up.

The thing is that fact checking these fights/feats is easy. But he has shown more than once that he is far too lazy to bother.

Edit: The more I read his "reasoning" the more I want to facepalm. Cap's skill has been proven repeatedly, against a variety of different enemies. By trying to assign WS's performance up to being enhanced, he is saying that skill makes almost no difference in how a fight goes. That would be like saying that if you took one of the top fighters in the world, and made them fight someone who had the exact same physical statistics, but none of the same fighting capability, the unskilled opponent would still be able to hold their own just fine. And that is just straight-up retarded.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Feb 8th, 2017 at 04:19 AM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 04:08 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Going further from his logic, Phil Coulson should beat any human fighter, regardless of skill level, because he has an enhanced robot forearm.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 04:50 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Does anyone think Baleman MIGHT have a ghost of a chance if he's given one sided prep time?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 07:52 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

But yeah, otherwise, poor Baleman.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2017 07:52 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

h1 appears to be arguing that Baleman's haymakers >>>> hits from Iron-man.
false, WS was hurt from Iron Mans punches. Bane wasn't even phased by Batman's haymakers. That doesn't mean Batman's punches is stronger than Iron Man punches.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 01:19 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
The thing is that fact checking these fights/feats is easy. But he has shown more than once that he is far too lazy to bother.

Edit: The more I read his "reasoning" the more I want to facepalm. Cap's skill has been proven repeatedly, against a variety of different enemies. By trying to assign WS's performance up to being enhanced, he is saying that skill makes almost no difference in how a fight goes. That would be like saying that if you took one of the top fighters in the world, and made them fight someone who had the exact same physical statistics, but none of the same fighting capability, the unskilled opponent would still be able to hold their own just fine. And that is just straight-up retarded.

Cap>>>>>>>>>WS in h2h skill.
So WS hanging with Cap for a little bit doesn't change that. WS used knives and guns mostly against Cap. In pure h2h he lose everytime. And without his metal arm (but still enhanced) he would get stomped easily.

I didn't say skill wasn't a factor. Being superhuman is a much bigger factor. Think about it. Superman could easily beat Cap or WS.
Also let's say WS had far greater skill than Cap but only had human stats. Wouldn't he get one shot? He wouldn't have the durability to take a hit or speed to not get hit.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 01:31 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Let's BZ, the topic will be your claim that Cap >>>>>>>>> WS in skill.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:00 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Let's BZ, the topic will be your claim that Cap >>>>>>>>> WS in skill.
I'm referring to h2h skill, not tactics, weapons, gadgets, bombs, etc.
WS only managed to hang with Cap mainly because of knives, durability, and his metal arm. Cap was still able to win despite that. Take the metal arm away and weapons then Cap would easily own WS.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:27 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by h1a8
Cap>>>>>>>>>WS in h2h skill.
So WS hanging with Cap for a little bit doesn't change that. WS used knives and guns mostly against Cap. In pure h2h he lose everytime. And without his metal arm (but still enhanced) he would get stomped easily.

lol Except it's not "a little bit", Cap mostly used his shield when Bucky was using other weapons, and he got the better of Cap during their last one-on-one H2H encounter. He very clearly did NOT lose that one. Anyone who actually watched CA:CW knows this (which I highly doubt you have, despite your claims). So, that kills your whole argument. A metal arm means nothing if you don't have the actual skill to use it effectively and land hits with it. And that's also without even considering multiple director's comments, the guys who made the film and chose how the characters were going to be portrayed.

I didn't say skill wasn't a factor. Being superhuman is a much bigger factor. Think about it. Superman could easily beat Cap or WS.
Also let's say WS had far greater skill than Cap but only had human stats. Wouldn't he get one shot? He wouldn't have the durability to take a hit or speed to not get hit.

Superman has nothing to do with this. Gap between Superman and Cap/WS >>>>> Gap between Cap/WS and a normal person. So, your comparison is just dumb. And if Cap could land a single, clean hit, then it is possible. But that doesn't mean it would happen immediately. Exceptional human opponents, like Batroc, have shown that avoiding some hits is possible. And LOL, thank you for again proving my point. When their enhanced speed was brought up in other instances, especially in comparison to Batman and Bane, you kept claiming that their speed and reflexes aren't really enhanced, despite what others said, but now you are trying to use the enhanced speed thing when it's against WS. Your double standards are showing again.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:35 AM
Silent Master

I'm referring to h2h skill, not tactics, weapons, gadgets, bombs, etc.
WS only managed to hang with Cap mainly because of knives, durability, and his metal arm. Cap was still able to win despite that. Take the metal arm away and weapons then Cap would easily own WS.

Then let's BZ skill.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:43 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Then let's BZ skill.

Don't you love how he repeatedly ignores the last fight Cap and Bucky had, even making claims that directly contradict what happened in it? Almost like he hasn't seen the fight in question.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:53 AM
Silent Master

I honestly believe that he hasn't seen any of these movies.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 02:56 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He hasn't. He forgets far too much to have actually seen anything. It's just youtube clips without context.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:16 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I honestly believe that he hasn't seen any of these movies.

At this point, I have strong doubts myself. Not to mention that his argument is silly in anyways. Because, using that same logic, someone could say that Cap only survived those encounters because of his own enhanced (and, according to H1, "far more" enhanced) stats and vibranium shield.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:21 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by KingD19
He hasn't. He forgets far too much to have actually seen anything. It's just youtube clips without context.

And not even all of them, or he would have known about the last H2H fight between Cap and Bucky, which clearly ended in Bucky's favour. Even in their final fight of CA:TWS, Steve only got the opening the go for the take down and choke hold because Winter Soldier took his eyes off Steve, while making a grab for the targeting chip Cap was planning on putting in the helicarrier.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 03:22 AM
h1a8

Don't you love how he repeatedly ignores the last fight Cap and Bucky had, even making claims that directly contradict what happened in it? Almost like he hasn't seen the fight in question.
The last fight proves everything I said perfectly.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 05:27 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

The last fight proves everything I said perfectly.

LOL It proves the opposite. You claimed Bucky loses H2H every time, yet he overwhelmed, pushed back and BFR'd Steve (while connecting more strikes than Steve did in the process) in under 15 seconds, without using any guns or knives.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 05:33 AM
Silent Master

LOL It proves the opposite. You claimed Bucky loses H2H every time, yet he overwhelmed, pushed back and BFR'd Steve (while connecting more strikes than Steve did in the process) in under 15 seconds, without using any guns or knives.

h1 doesn't understand how proof works.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 05:33 AM
h1a8

Cap was trying to control the chip (it wasn't a complete fair fight)
Cap was shot in the side (he was injured and not 100%)
WS didn't beat Cap (which makes everything you said irrelevant)
Cap won in the end (which disproves your entire argument)

So how does it prove the opposite again?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 05:41 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Cap was trying to control the chip (it wasn't a complete fair fight)
Cap was shot in the side (he was injured and not 100%)
WS didn't beat Cap (which makes everything you said irrelevant)
Cap won in the end (which disproves your entire argument)

So how does it prove the opposite again?

LMAO, so you haven't seen CA:CW. Thanks for proving this once and for all.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2017 05:44 AM