KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos (God of War) vs Link (Legend of Zelda)

Kratos (God of War) vs Link (Legend of Zelda)
Started by: dika123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
It doesn't take a well articulated analysis or rocket science to know Kratos just rapes the little nerd known as Link.

If that's true, you certainly lucked out. I don't believe you can form an articulated analysis.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 03:14 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
I'm sorry, but what do you mean by cinematics? The cinematics are the primary source. They both show, and tell you what happened.

I'm looking at the Hyrule Historia and I can't see anywhere where it credits them with the creation of a universe.

It says the same thing the cutscene did, Din physically carved out the world's topography, Nayru created order and put the finishing touches on the world, and Farore created life on the world.

Even if they created other realms, that doesn't change that the best we see them do is planetary creation. Maybe they created those realms right after.

It's clear that they didn't just snap their fingers and things happened, seeing they had to physically fly to Hyrule which was cloaked in dark clouds and rain, and physically shape it themselves.

On the other hand Uranus, one of the Primordials, (And Zeus' grandfather), birthed the entire cosmos from his body.

Fair enough. It's been a few months since I read the historia. I do know they made termina on accident though, which means they don't have to physically be there to make a planet/dimension.

I feel like we've drifted from kratos vs Link to God of War vs Zelda mythos. How strong is kratos?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 03:18 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

It's unknown how strong he is. We just know that the Power of Hope is the greatest power in the GoWverse, so he sits at the top potency-wise.

Cronos overthrew Uranus to rule the universe. And Helios overpowers Nyx, Goddess of the Stars and Nightsky every morning.

Kratos is well above both by end game.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 04:10 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Well thats...abstract? So are we really just gonna put hope vs triforce?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 04:23 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

i think both need preparation to use power like that. how fast link actually is ?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 06:49 AM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Well thats...abstract? So are we really just gonna put hope vs triforce?

not sure about this, Chaos represent nothingness, Uranus represent Space and Stars. i think non-corporeal beings is the best option but Morpheus who doesn't have any physical body, considering Morpheus presence basically Fog, so... maybe....

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 06:59 AM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I'm sorry, but what do you mean by cinematics? The cinematics are the primary source. They both show, and tell you what happened.

I'm looking at the Hyrule Historia and I can't see anywhere where it credits them with the creation of a universe.

It says the same thing the cutscene did, Din physically carved out the world's topography, Nayru created order and put the finishing touches on the world, and Farore created life on the world.

Even if they created other realms, that doesn't change that the best we see them do is planetary creation. Maybe they created those realms right after.

It's clear that they didn't just snap their fingers and things happened, seeing they had to physically fly to Hyrule which was cloaked in dark clouds and rain, and physically shape it themselves.

On the other hand Uranus, one of the Primordials, (And Zeus' grandfather), birthed the entire cosmos from his body.
I've got some bad news for you friend. In Greek mythology, the cosmos is not actually that big. Due to the Greek's limited understanding of the cosmos they did not have any notion of how large the universe was. This is why Apollo, god of the sun, is lesser than Zeus, god of the sky or heavens. The Greeks viewed the sun as being a part of the sky, same with the stars, and to their limited viewpoint the sky with its brutal thunderstorms which could send lightning to the earth seemed far more powerful than what appeared to merely be a big flash light in the sky.

This is why Typhon can both exist on earth in Greek mythology while being described as being so tall his head reached the stars. Because the Greeks did not know the stars were as far away as they are. Shit, they literally believed that the Earth was flat and surrounded by water, and that the sun set and rose from this water.

So I guess the important question is: do you have any proof that the God of War cosmos is like our own, and that the Protogenoi's influence was actually universal in it?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 07:25 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

Originally posted by NemeBro
I've got some bad news for you friend. In Greek mythology, the cosmos is not actually that big. Due to the Greek's limited understanding of the cosmos they did not have any notion of how large the universe was. This is why Apollo, god of the sun, is lesser than Zeus, god of the sky or heavens. The Greeks viewed the sun as being a part of the sky, same with the stars, and to their limited viewpoint the sky with its brutal thunderstorms which could send lightning to the earth seemed far more powerful than what appeared to merely be a big flash light in the sky.

This is why Typhon can both exist on earth in Greek mythology while being described as being so tall his head reached the stars. Because the Greeks did not know the stars were as far away as they are. Shit, they literally believed that the Earth was flat and surrounded by water, and that the sun set and rose from this water.

So I guess the important question is: do you have any proof that the God of War cosmos is like our own, and that the Protogenoi's influence was actually universal in it?

finally good Info, just give to us any info that can nerf GoW Series, Your info might be useful in future for this series.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 09:57 AM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by NemeBro

Well seeing that we've actually played the games, which are 3d, we already know they are made with more modern sensibilities about our reality and not just straight copying all of ancient greece's beliefs, though it does keep some. The typhon conundrum does not apply to them. The mountain he is buried under is not 'touching the stars' in the game. Not even mount olympus which is thousands of miles tall is touching the stars.

I asked a dev to clarify whether they created the universe and the answer was yes. In addition there are statements that the underworld actually stretches 'immeasurable' and even 'infinite' in span. And thats part of creation of course.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Jan 31st, 2017 at 10:37 AM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 10:27 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

well, earth in God of War series is same like our earth but i think just more large.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 11:16 AM
CosmicComet

GoW Earth is flat, that's one of the things that they kept from mythology.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Earth changed somehow after Zeus' death.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Jan 31st, 2017 at 02:19 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 02:14 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Originally posted by dika123
i think both need preparation to use power like that. how fast link actually is ?

With the triforce or in general?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2017 07:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

If that's true, you certainly lucked out. I don't believe you can form an articulated analysis.
I can and have before I just find this merits such a waste of time when the "eye" test tells us the obvious. Kratos kicks his ass you Link lusting creep.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 01:15 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

GoW Earth is flat, that's one of the things that they kept from mythology.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if the Earth changed somehow after Zeus' death.

so about picture show GoW earth on ascension and GoW Chains of Olympus commercial ? you said GoW earth was round year ago. sad

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 07:20 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

yes

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 08:40 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

Both

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 08:40 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Well he can stop time, but besides that he regularly knocks lightning around with his sword and shoot arrows out of the air. When it comes to the triforce, he just has to touch it to make it work. With either 6 or twelve links distracting kratos he should have enough time to work it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 03:07 PM
CosmicComet

Originally posted by dika123
so about picture show GoW earth on ascension and GoW Chains of Olympus commercial ? you said GoW earth was round year ago. sad

In the god of war documentary: unearthing the legend, one of the producers specifically said the earth is flat, just like in myth. The gow3 artwork also shows this.

The ascension artwork was an easter egg and may have been referring to another game that got cancelled.

But again, we will see how the earth is now that the olympians are gone.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2017 05:30 PM
dika123
unstoppable force

In the god of war documentary: unearthing the legend, one of the producers specifically said the earth is flat, just like in myth. The gow3 artwork also shows this.

The ascension artwork was an easter egg and may have been referring to another game that got cancelled.

But again, we will see how the earth is now that the olympians are gone.

weird.... moon and stars on the sky are round. But the earth is flat.

So the GoW earth' size is still questionable. But How big GoW earth is, if you compare it to real life earth ?

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 11:25 AM
dika123
unstoppable force

perhaps due to the first great war between Gods and Titans ? that war capable reshaping mortal world.

and also : "The brothers Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades split the world apart. Zeus gained dominion over the skies and became the king of the gods, Poseidon became the ruler of the seas, and Hades became the ruler of the Underworld."

not sure if that story exist in GoW series.

Last edited by dika123 on Feb 2nd, 2017 at 11:38 AM

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2017 11:35 AM